Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Mr. Football Position Award Winners (No Hansen)

WR:  Joe Walker - Warren Central

QB:  Mason Wunderlich - Ev. Mater Dei

RB:  Micah Coyle - Center Grove

TE:  George Burhenn - Mt. Vernon

OL:  Leighton Jones - Brownsburg 

DL:  Josh Mickens - Lawrence Central

LB:  Drayk Bowen - Andrean

DB:  Dillon Thienemann - Westfield

K:  Elijah Slibeck - Warren Central

Who did Roncalli piss off?

Edited by temptation

5 minutes ago, temptation said:

WR:  Joe Walker - Warren Central

QB:  Mason Wunderlich - Ev. Mater Dei

RB:  Micah Coyle - Center Grove

TE:  George Burhenn - Mt. Vernon

OL:  Leighton Jones - Brownsburg 

DL:  Josh Mickens - Lawrence Central

LB:  Drayk Bowen - Andrean

DB:  Dillon Thienemann - Westfield

K:  Elijah Slibeck - Warren Central

Who did Roncalli piss off?

Pretty unbelievable. Don't get me wrong Micah Coyle is a terrific RB and young man, but wow!

image.png.15e6ef53613137c19b6a41604b573f75.png

Edited by FastpacedO

Just now, Slobberknocker said:

without Coyle there would be no center Grove state championship this year. Heck they probably lose first game of sectionals. I am not saying he should have won the position award but he definitely had a great year and key to CG state championship.

Now do Roncalli…and spare me the “anyone could run for 200+ yards behind that OL” line.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, temptation said:

“Without Hansen, Roncalli is a .500 team this year.”

Fixed it for you.

Following the "best OL in the state"....not sure I buy that Roncalli has no other horses in the stable....that Hansen alone pulled in half of Roncalli's wins.  

Outstanding football player....but your comment would insinuate he put the team on his shoulders and carried them....yea....I am going to give Roncalli's roster and coaching staff more credit than your comment.

Edited by Bash Riprock

1 hour ago, FastpacedO said:

Pretty unbelievable. Don't get me wrong Micah Coyle is a terrific RB and young man, but wow!

image.png.15e6ef53613137c19b6a41604b573f75.png

I don’t know Hansen’s stats in the playoffs, but Coyle rushed for 918yds and 11 touchdowns. 4 TD’s against Warren Central and Cathedral. Stepped up when it really counted against top level competition. 

1 hour ago, Slobberknocker said:

without Coyle there would be no center Grove state championship this year. Heck they probably lose first game of sectionals. I am not saying he should have won the position award but he definitely had a great year and key to CG state championship.

He did have a great year and is a great kid. I however feel many might have had the same sentiments about Wheat before he was lost for the season. Thomeson did just fine for CG also. I just feel Hansen had a better season even in their loss to East Central in OT by a FG Hansen had a heck of a game.

5 minutes ago, HomeCookin said:

I don’t know Hansen’s stats in the playoffs, but Coyle rushed for 918yds and 11 touchdowns. 4 TD’s against Warren Central and Cathedral. Stepped up when it really counted against top level competition. 

Hansen had 195 yards against New Palestine. Had 204 yards and 3 TD's in an OT loss against East Central in Semi-State. I think he did pretty well for himself. Not to mention had big games against some good Out of State Competition like Male (KY) 316 yds 4 TD's and Elder (OH) 221 yds. Not to mention he played defense too with a good amount of TFL's

image.png.4ea1d19fb53da3161e1ce3aeebdb5407.png

45 minutes ago, Bash Riprock said:

Following the "best OL in the state"....not sure I buy that Roncalli has no other horses in the stable....that Hansen alone pulled in half of Roncalli's wins.  

Outstanding football player....but your comment would insinuate he put the team on his shoulders and carried them....yea....I am going to give Roncalli's roster and coaching staff more credit than your comment.

No other horses in the stable is not what I am saying but they gave the kid the ball 400+ times!  If they had more horses, they would have used them, no?

They had 10 other kids COMBINE for 186 carries.  Kid also had 44 tackles, 15 for loss.

Roncalli finished 12-2 and had four wins by 1-2 possessions.  I’m comfortable saying that without Hansen they are a 7-7 or 8-6 team.

(And no, that’s not a shot at their coaching staff.)

Edited by temptation
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, temptation said:

No other horses in the stable is not what I am saying but they gave the kid the ball 400+ times!  If they had more horses, they would have used them, no?

They had 10 other kids COMBINE for 186 carries.  Kid also had 44 tackles, 15 for loss.

Roncalli finished 12-2 and had four wins by 1-2 possessions.  I’m comfortable saying that without Hansen they are a 7-7 or 8-6 team.

(And no, that’s not a shot at their coaching staff.)

We agree the young man is an outstanding player.  We don't agree that Roncalli is simply an average team without him.  

14 minutes ago, Bash Riprock said:

We agree the young man is an outstanding player.  We don't agree that Roncalli is simply an average team without him.  

Including receptions, the kid touched the ball on over 50 percent of Roncalli’s offensive snaps…averaging over 30 touches per game.

Then, went out and played defense.

At a 4A school, against a top 20 schedule. 

Taking NOTHING away from Coyle but this is absolutely criminal.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, temptation said:

Including receptions, the kid touched the ball on over 50 percent of Roncalli’s offensive snaps…averaging over 30 touches per game.

Then, went out and played defense.

At a 4A school, against a top 20 schedule. 

Taking NOTHING away from Coyle but this is absolutely criminal.

I’m not discussing awards vs any other player. Been down that road before. No matter the debate, nothing changes. 

I just don’t buy Roncalli is a .500 team without him. That’s all. 

23 minutes ago, Grover said:

His defensive stats are meaningless in this debate. 

Why, because it hurts your narrative?

Earlier, it was “more than stats”.

It’s Mr. FOOTBALL, right?  All performances should be considered.

Should Bowen’s rushing stats be taken into account when people vote since he was just the linebacker winner?

I dislike Roncalli's football program as much as the next guy, but pretty egregious for him not to win this award. With Wheat going down and Coyle picking up the slack on top of Thomeson running for an additional 1000 yards, think it might be safe to say it's Center Grove who can afford to pick and plug whomever they want into the lineup. And that isn't a knock on Coyle either, just a testament to how stacked Center Grove is.

Also Walker over Tibbs? Unless MaxPreps is wrong, Tibbs had almost double the catches, more yards, and more TD's. 

• Like 1

Hi everyone! As a southsider i Love both these programs and Whiteland also for that matter, whom had a heck of a RB this year as well. Great seasons for all. The level of competition between the 3 classes and programs represented was just too different. 4a this year was better than 5a, that was a given, but CGs 6a route was way way more difficult. CGs oline was probably under-rated, but 6a was strong enough this year that the mighty HCC didn't even get a team to Thanksgiving weekend. CG and Coyle deserve this. Sorry Rebel fans. Luke had a great season. Southside Rules!

41 minutes ago, temptation said:

Why, because it hurts your narrative?

Earlier, it was “more than stats”.

It’s Mr. FOOTBALL, right?  All performances should be considered.

Should Bowen’s rushing stats be taken into account when people vote since he was just the linebacker winner?

Try to rise above the level of a middle schooler. I have no narrative other than pointing out the fallacies of your takes. It is a position award. The position is running back. 

• Thanks 2