Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Mr. Football Position Award Winners (No Hansen)

Yes. I was asked not to say who it was. I would encourage you to find a similar source that will then tell you the exact same thing. The person in question did not vote for Hansen, so they hardly have any reason to lie about it. 

3 hours ago, Bash Riprock said:

oh jeesh.....now you are resorting to throwing teammates under the bus.  It was bad enough when you stated one player carried the team to half of their victories, as that totally diminishes the TEAM.  Any RB would tell you his success is dependent on the line in front of him opening holes.  This game always had and will always be won on the LOS.  And I say that as a former skills player and having a son as a skills player.  

Serious question....did you ever play the game?  I ask, because some of your comments that completely ignore the concept of TEAM absolutely confuse me.

Come on man if you can't tell that was a comment in jest and had some sarcasm built into it, I have no help for you.

I think everyone on here knows how important Offensive Line play is. That being said there are thing that certain RB's do down field after that first 3-5 yards that are on their own merits. Of course their O-line play is crucial. Hansen and Coyle were of benefit of terrific O-line's so that is moot.

2 hours ago, Bash Riprock said:

Obtuse?  Someone has been watching Shawshank Redemption reruns lately

Nope probably haven't seen the movie in at least 10 years. Probably won't for awhile either.

37 minutes ago, Bash Riprock said:

obviously an unnamed source.....😏

Unsure how long you've been around the GID, but I have been around long enough to see @The TW on here from some archaic message board iterations (heck even the Horde vs Driven T days), even though he like to disappear and reappear on occasions 🤣. Some things I do know is he is and always has been very honest on these boards, has some coaching experience (heck I me be pulling out the old memory cells but I think at one time at Broad Ripple HS, he will have to tell me if I am going senile), and for safe measure I am pretty sure he knows a thing or two about Offensive Line play. You don't have to take him for his word, but he has no reason to make it up.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, FastpacedO said:

Come on man if you can't tell that was a comment in jest and had some sarcasm built into it, I have no help for you.

Nope probably haven't seen the movie in at least 10 years. Probably won't for awhile either.

Unsure how long you've been around the GID, but I have been around long enough to see @The TW on here from some archaic message board iterations (heck even the Horde vs Driven T days), even though he like to disappear and reappear on occasions 🤣. Some things I do know is he is and always has been very honest on these boards, has some coaching experience (heck I me be pulling out the old memory cells but I think at one time at Broad Ripple HS, he will have to tell me if I am going senile), and for safe measure I am pretty sure he knows a thing or two about Offensive Line play. You don't have to take him for his word, but he has no reason to make it up.

Since you didn't make the comment, you have zero idea of his meaning.  Previously, the same person quoted that a RB carried the Roncalli team, getting half of their wins on his own.  Then he makes the comment about the lineman perhaps not being as good as thought.  Those comments connect.  It did not seem he meant his comment as a compliment.  But perhaps you can stop speaking for him and he can clarify his position.  He's a grown man.  I took it for the comment it was.

I don't care who made the comment on GID or their history....and I don't buy the "I have a source in the room as proof, but cannot name him".  Sorry, you can believe all you want and since it meets your narrative, I assume you will.  I don't really care what you do....CG has a history of some kids winning awards and other kids just as deserving that didn't earn them.  Interesting now how CG coaching is now able to influence awards, giving them to the undeserving.  That's pure hogwash.

You believe how you want to believe....I have no help for you.

34 minutes ago, Bash Riprock said:

I don't care who made the comment on GID or their history....and I don't buy the "I have a source in the room as proof, but cannot name him".  Sorry, you can believe all you want and since it meets your narrative, I assume you will.  I don't really care what you do....CG has a history of some kids winning awards and other kids just as deserving that didn't earn them.  Interesting now how CG coaching is now able to influence awards, giving them to the undeserving.  That's pure hogwash.

He also flat out told you that you can reach out and ask another Coach that was in the room.

I have no narrative, I flat out stated Coyle is a great kid had a great season, but Hansen deserved the RB position award.

You feel he doesn't the difference is you have rose colored glasses and are obviously a Center Grove fan and your guy won it. I on the other hand have no ties with Roncalli not even close, just calling it as I see it. 

I think we all can agree here that While Hansen should have won RB and totally got robbed

Coyle is a great player in his own right and deserving of a shot

the whole system is crap and going to lead to an offensive result

and the mercy rule needs to go now

25 minutes ago, hhpatriot04 said:

This is the same argument on ranking teams -- do you rank them based on their accomplishments (Hansen) or do you rank them based off what they can do (Bowen).

for an award suppose to be based off your accomplishments, You'd have to assume that you rank them based on their accomplishments

2 hours ago, FastpacedO said:

He also flat out told you that you can reach out and ask another Coach that was in the room.

I have no narrative, I flat out stated Coyle is a great kid had a great season, but Hansen deserved the RB position award.

You feel he doesn't the difference is you have rose colored glasses and are obviously a Center Grove fan and your guy won it. I on the other hand have no ties with Roncalli not even close, just calling it as I see it. 

Yet he hasn't provided a name...I know someone who was there and he said......  Well, consider the case closed. 

Congratulations you have an opinion....as does the free world.

You have no idea how I feel, so stop representing me and others on GID.  Speak for yourself and yourself only.  Can you do that?  

Edited by Bash Riprock

3 hours ago, FastpacedO said:

Correct on all accounts, sir (although my current knowledge of offensive line play is suspect at best). 

13 hours ago, Bash Riprock said:

Yet he hasn't provided a name...I know someone who was there and he said......  Well, consider the case closed. 

Congratulations you have an opinion....as does the free world.

You have no idea how I feel, so stop representing me and others on GID.  Speak for yourself and yourself only.  Can you do that?  

Ok White Goodman move along.

13 hours ago, The TW said:

Correct on all accounts, sir (although my current knowledge of offensive line play is suspect at best). 

Just antiquated that's what happens as you and I get older!🤣

Bet you could still diagram the several blocking schemes on the Power Toss though! #HurricaneScifres (just throwing it back a little)

Honestly though glad all is well TW. Now if I can just get RebelDad to make an appearance! He and I have had some great person to person talks!

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, FastpacedO said:

Ok White Goodman move along.

Just antiquated that's what happens as you and I get older!🤣

Bet you could still diagram the several blocking schemes on the Power Toss though! #HurricaneScifres (just throwing it back a little)

Honestly though glad all is well TW. Now if I can just get RebelDad to make an appearance! He and I have had some great person to person talks!

I’m a big fan of RebelDad and his sons (whole family for that matter!). I actually returned to Roncalli as the offensive line coach in 2020. However, after meeting with Sam Otley for about twenty minutes, it became very apparent that he should be the guy and I should serve as his assistant. It’s hard to argue with the results. 

I can’t see him ever leaving Roncalli, but Sam is one of the sharpest football minds I have been around. He will make a great head coach when given the opportunity. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, The TW said:

I’m a big fan of RebelDad and his sons (whole family for that matter!). I actually returned to Roncalli as the offensive line coach in 2020. However, after meeting with Sam Otley for about twenty minutes, it became very apparent that he should be the guy and I should serve as his assistant. It’s hard to argue with the results. 

I can’t see him ever leaving Roncalli, but Sam is one of the sharpest football minds I have been around. He will make a great head coach when given the opportunity. 

Yes! RebelDad is a great man with a great family! I had been out of the loop for a little bit, just saw the role KB has at Roncalli extremely happy for him and now ole RebelDad should be changed to RebelGranddad (a role I know he is proud to carry).

I am telling you TW some of these O-line guys are really making big splashes with their football minds. It is evident at many levels! Just an example I remember watching Kyle Ralph play in his HS days at St. X (fortunately that St. X was playing some Indiana teams then). Like New Pal or hate them listening to Coach Ralph talk Offense is impressive and he isn't the only one!

• Like 1

On 12/5/2022 at 10:17 AM, temptation said:

Now do Roncalli…and spare me the “anyone could run for 200+ yards behind that OL” line.

Pee Wee Herman could get the job done with that line.

19 hours ago, Bash Riprock said:

Since you didn't make the comment, you have zero idea of his meaning.  Previously, the same person quoted that a RB carried the Roncalli team, getting half of their wins on his own.  Then he makes the comment about the lineman perhaps not being as good as thought.  Those comments connect.  It did not seem he meant his comment as a compliment.  But perhaps you can stop speaking for him and he can clarify his position.  He's a grown man.  I took it for the comment it was.

Salty!

• Haha 1

On 12/8/2022 at 8:58 AM, Goose Liver said:

Pee Wee Herman could get the job done with that line.

For the first 3-5 yards maybe. After that Pee Wee Herman would have to learn to stiff arm,  spin move, break tackles, keep moving his feet, or dive for extra yardage. Yes Offensive Lineman are crucial (Hansen and Coyle had a great benefit from their O-line), but there are things done downfield that get extra yardage.

Then again you have RB's like Barry Sanders that have to break 5 tackles in the backfield without an O-line and still get 15, 20, 30+ yard gains!!

Jaron Tibbs may not have been the best football player in the state of Indiana, but he sure was the best wide receiver in the state of Indiana.  He surely deserved to be the Mr. Football recipient at his position.  I'm sure it doesn't bother him too much that he didn't receive the "honor" but to those of us who watched him play for three years it's a downright shame.

I've watched Cathedral football for more than 65 years, and Jaron's the best WR I've ever seen play at Cathedral School, and that includes great receivers like Terry McLaurin.  There was no one better in the clutch than Jaron.  I realize that I'm an Irish fanboy, but I don't take lightly what I just said.

Shame on whoever passed on this fine young man, and great wide receiver!

• Like 1

On 12/5/2022 at 1:36 PM, temptation said:

Including receptions, the kid touched the ball on over 50 percent of Roncalli’s offensive snaps…averaging over 30 touches per game.

Then, went out and played defense.

At a 4A school, against a top 20 schedule. 

Taking NOTHING away from Coyle but this is absolutely criminal.

Temptation I am with you. I was completely shocked that Hansen was not the Mr Football RB winner. I expected the overall award to be between Bowen and Hansen. I didn't even see it as close with anyone else. I am still shocked by it. Watching Roncalli literally run all over New Pal like no one had done all year, it wasn't all OL. They helped, but Hansen was a strong, fall forward RB. Best in the state in my opinion. Perfect example, we struggled not having our starting RB, Grayson Thomas, even with a great OL in front of our back up. But Grayson just brings sometime special for NP's running game. Roncalli wouldn't have been nearly as good without Hansen. I think his OL would agree.

• Like 2