Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Bowen wins Butkus Award

3 hours ago, scarab527 said:

7C86DDEB-7971-4D73-8CC7-794B32BE080B.thumb.png.ee9616cf7613218906647b35c88197b0.png

Congrats to Drayk Bowen on being recognized as the best HS LB in the country. An honor for himself, Andrean, and the whole state of Indiana.

He follows former Butkus Award winners Manti Te’o and Jaylon Smith to Notre Dame. It’s worth noting that both T’eo and Smith then won the Butkus Award at the collegiate level, too. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Piratefan101 said:

Best LB coming from indiana in the last 50 years

21 minutes ago, temptation said:

I need @Andrean4life's opinion before I can take this one seriously.

Ummmm …. no.

I think Bowen is a terrific player. But he’s not even the best LB to come out of Indiana in the last 10 years, let alone 50.

Edited by Bobref
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Piratefan101 said:

Who would you say is better? Because I can’t name 1. That would be good enough to even split time with him 

"I don't know enough about any other players to recognize that many other players can compete with, and exceed, his impressive skill set; therefore, no one else can compete with, nor exceed, him."

Infallible logic.

7 hours ago, Esso Ayche said:

many other players can compete with, and exceed, his impressive skill set

No, they can’t. Let me be clear. Bowen is a stud. There are not many at his position who have come out of Indiana HSF and can claim to be better. But Jaylon Smith is one of those few. He was just a superior athlete.