Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

PAC 2023

Let's talk predictions for next season.  First on the docket...who will be the next HC at Mt. Vernon?

Big School:

I think Boonville takes a small step back.  GS should float about the same ...perhaps an improvement depending on how the trenches materialize .  HH was predicted by everyone including myself to take a big step forward last season and it didn't happen...it will happen this season with maybe a "back to 2014" look for the Patriots.  I don't think Mt. Vernon is a contender this season, probably a two horse race.

Small School:

NP really likes this group that will be seniors....can they knock of SR this season?  I have heard TC really likes the class that will be Juniors this year...will they be in the mix?

image.thumb.png.88dacd5c3c7b70a73537f37f80211526.png

On 12/17/2022 at 9:51 AM, Y2K Metal Storm said:

Would love to see the Titan-Aces game

It should be fun!  Calpreps has it this way this season:

neutral field
[2022] Gibson Southern (Fort Branch, IN) 41 (87%), [2022] Mt. Carmel (IL) 24 (13%)

Hard to tell rumor from fact on conference realignment.  Is Tecumseh joining the small PAC for fall 2023?  Is Southridge moving to the Big division?  I have heard both but I don't know if either is true. 

I thought MV could make some noise, as most thought their JR group last year - seniors in fall 23 - were their deepest class.  The coaching change is always a big question mark though.  I think BV graduates most of its skill talent.  I agree a two team race GS-HH for the title. 

Small division? SR should take it, IMO.  I don't have much of an opinion on anyone else, other than not even Knute Rockne could win at PC as they try out their 5th coach in 8 years. 

5 minutes ago, oldtimeqb said:

Hard to tell rumor from fact on conference realignment.  Is Tecumseh joining the small PAC for fall 2023?  Is Southridge moving to the Big division?  I have heard both but I don't know if either is true. 

I thought MV could make some noise, as most thought their JR group last year - seniors in fall 23 - were their deepest class.  The coaching change is always a big question mark though.  I think BV graduates most of its skill talent.  I agree a two team race GS-HH for the title. 

Small division? SR should take it, IMO.  I don't have much of an opinion on anyone else, other than not even Knute Rockne could win at PC as they try out their 5th coach in 8 years. 

I thought I read that Tecumseh is joining but I haven't heard about any changes in conference alignment....that doesn't mean anything....I just haven't heard.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, TigerFan20 said:

Heard the same thing about Tecumseh to the PAC Small School Division, could shape up both divisions of SR is sent to the Big School Division 

If I'm not mistaken- as it stands (or was)- the PAC was split evenly with 6 schools in both the Big and Small Divisions. 

With the addition of Tecumseh, and don't get me started on their story - one division will have an odd # - so "shape up both divisions" is not mathematically possible.

SR already plays Gibson, Boonville, and HH on their schedule. And in most years, TC and NP are better games than Washington and Princeton would be...so, what do divisions really matter in that sense? 

21 hours ago, Titan32 said:

I thought I read that Tecumseh is joining but I haven't heard about any changes in conference alignment....that doesn't mean anything....I just haven't heard.

Same thing here....I hear Tecumseh is supposedly coming in, but we will have to wait and see.

HH is a question mark for me even with my son being a player.  We will be Junior/Sophomore heavy with just a few Seniors out of that group that will be playmakers.  As usual, there is a bit of a QB question.  I am fairly confident that this time around it will NOT be the "most athletic senior", but who knows.  

We all thought (myself included) this past season would be a good one and we were VERY wrong.  I do think 2023 season will be better and we may give GS a game this time around.

As for the small side, Southridge is the bunch to get it done.  They lost quite a bit, but it shouldn't matter.  

7 minutes ago, jets said:

If I'm not mistaken- as it stands (or was)- the PAC was split evenly with 6 schools in both the Big and Small Divisions. 

With the addition of Tecumseh, and don't get me started on their story - one division will have an odd # - so "shape up both divisions" is not mathematically possible.

SR already plays Gibson, Boonville, and HH on their schedule. And in most years, TC and NP are better games than Washington and Princeton would be...so, what do divisions really matter in that sense? 

Odd # shouldn't be a big deal, just have to change the non-conference games, right?  Or am I missing something?

57 minutes ago, HHPatriots said:

Odd # shouldn't be a big deal, just have to change the non-conference games, right?  Or am I missing something?

Unless something has changed Tecumseh is back to being a full member of the PAC next year, they will join the small school division. Below is Tecumseh's schedule per John Harrell, SR has not been playing Tecumseh but is next year as a small school conference opponent. JH's site does not show Tecumseh as a conference member yet but I'm certain next year is the year they rejoin.  Mt. Vernon (Big Division) schedule is also on JH's site and does not include SR.

image.png.11319b652ffd402e6778c11fe794cf72.png

Edited by Cappy
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, jets said:

I always thought Perry Central would be a good fit in the small PAC division. Then the smallest small PAC team can get bumped up.

On 12/21/2022 at 9:56 AM, Cappy said:

Unless something has changed Tecumseh is back to being a full member of the PAC next year, they will join the small school division. Below is Tecumseh's schedule per John Harrell, SR has not been playing Tecumseh but is next year as a small school conference opponent. JH's site does not show Tecumseh as a conference member yet but I'm certain next year is the year they rejoin.  Mt. Vernon (Big Division) schedule is also on JH's site and does not include SR.

image.png.11319b652ffd402e6778c11fe794cf72.png

Why do teams willingly schedule OPH again? It's like playing Dugger. Running clock at halftime every week.

On 12/22/2022 at 12:57 PM, roaringthunderdlr said:

Why do teams willingly schedule OPH again? It's like playing Dugger. Running clock at halftime every week.

Should Tecumseh have kept their 2022 opponent for week 9 for 2023? That opponent was a BYE. Sometimes you have to play whoever has a open week that same time you do.

On 12/20/2022 at 10:44 AM, oldtimeqb said:

Boonville did graduate Connor who passed and rushed for over 1000 yards and leading rusher Wilder but return one Skill stud in DB-WR-Punter-Returner Marques Ballard  

Ballard led the Pioneers in receiving yards, kick return yards and punt return yards and was 3rd in rushing yards behind the 2 senior studs.

You would think Mount Vernon 4 Seniors and North Posey 2 Seniors would be much improved with all the young players this past season.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

19 hours ago, tango said:

Hard to imagine a facility upgrade that is needed more than at Washington. Congrats to the Hatchets.

I had never been to Hatchet Hallow until recently over Christmas Break. I was in the area and my son and I got out and walked around. Looked around a little. I'm really glad I got to see it before they started the renovations.