Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Blackhawk Christian Going 11 Man

4 hours ago, BTF said:

No, the average person wouldn't rank North Side as the second best football destination in the FWA Metroplex. I think most people would go with Snider, Dwenger, and Luers due to their program's histories, and Carroll and Homestead due to their academics and facilities.  But North Side did have a couple of unusual transfers come in with a new coach a the helm. Will there be more where that came from? Stay tuned. 

I think the long standing staff stability gives Snider the edge over a up and possibly coming North Side staff and program. I will stay tuned 🍿

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/22/2022 at 11:31 AM, Basementbias said:

Could be a good 1A rival for South Adams in the future as I hope they stay in 1A for enrollment with an eventual short bump to 2A for success factor & bumping back down. AC will more than likely stay 2A in the future due to enrollment. Hopefully Bellmont stays 3A so all 3 are in separate classes from here on out. Will LCC go down to 1A with Pioneer & Sheridan? North in the future could be LCC, Pioneer, Sheridan,  South Adams, and Blackhawk Christian depending on SF bumps. Maybe AC if their enrollment would take a hit for some reason. 

LCC would have to be eliminated in Sectional play next year to go back down into 1A again if I'm not mistaken. Tall task for everyone else in Sectional 34.

1 hour ago, First_Backer_Inside said:

LCC would have to be eliminated in Sectional play next year to go back down into 1A again if I'm not mistaken. Tall task for everyone else in Sectional 34.

Correct.  A sectional title this season leaves LCC up in 2A for another cycle.  Anyone know what Rochester has coming back?

9 minutes ago, First_Backer_Inside said:

8 starters on offense. 8 on defense. 

Solid numbers.  Looks like the vast majority of their running backs were not seniors and, even though their QB was a senior, he wasn't responsible for a lot of ground or air yards.  Sometimes though the best QBs are so because of what's between their ears vs. the power of their legs/arms.  I didn't see any backup QB stats listed for Rochester.  Do they have someone waiting in the wings to step in and run the offense; turning those backs loose to do their thing?

• Like 1

The QB from last year was a fantastic leader and was just limited to size(5'7" on a good day) and ability but was well respected by his teammates. The QB for next year will probably be a sophomore who's probably up to 6'2" and a lot more athletic and can sling it. Had a great freshman year as the JV QB so it will be interesting to see next year how the coaching staff looks to utilize him.

• Like 1

On 12/22/2022 at 8:56 AM, Bonecrusher said:

Curious as to what's attracting the Chicagoans to Decatur?  Relocated manufacturing or something like that?

The trend is southward as I expect Lowell's and Cedar Lake's populations (as well as LHS and Hanover Central's enrollments) to increase.

6 minutes ago, Gipper said:

The trend is southward as I expect Lowell's and Cedar Lake's populations (as well as LHS and Hanover Central's enrollments) to increase.

That's different. Decatur is on the other side of the state close to Ohio. Local real estate group gets paid to bring them into basically section 8 apartments.