Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

CFP Championship

Bobref

3 hours ago, Bash Riprock said:

Not putting Michigan to the level of UGA, Bama and OSU has nothing to do with you. Thinking it does…not sure to laugh or feel a tad sorry for ya. Would not invest the energy in you to hate. 

Michigan was out rushed by TCU…by 90 yds. They couldn’t stop TCU’s rushing at the end of their game, resulting in all of their timeouts being burnt and valuable time off the clock wasted. They were behind the entire game and put the ball in the hands of a mediocre QB that made repeated mistakes. TCU beat them. TCU was destroyed by UGA. TCU couldn’t move the ball against the Dawgs. Michigan is not in UGA’s league. At least not this year. Sorry that upsets you. But that is fact based on performance in the playoffs. 

Michigan is in the tier directly below UGA, Bama and perhaps  OSU. No shame in that. 

Perhaps following the path of Pete Carroll?? 

Even though Harbaugh got off the snide, he’s still OSU’s beotch. 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Bash Riprock said:

Not putting Michigan to the level of UGA, Bama and OSU has nothing to do with you. Thinking it does…not sure to laugh or feel a tad sorry for ya. Would not invest the energy in you to hate. 

Michigan was out rushed by TCU…by 90 yds. They couldn’t stop TCU’s rushing at the end of their game, resulting in all of their timeouts being burnt and valuable time off the clock wasted. They were behind the entire game and put the ball in the hands of a mediocre QB that made repeated mistakes. TCU beat them. TCU was destroyed by UGA. TCU couldn’t move the ball against the Dawgs. Michigan is not in UGA’s league. At least not this year. Sorry that upsets you. But that is fact based on performance in the playoffs. 

Michigan is in the tier directly below UGA, Bama and perhaps  OSU. No shame in that. 

Perhaps following the path of Pete Carroll?? 

1.  You (and another user on this board who shall remain nameless) throw shade and pretend my opinions are invalid and that I don’t matter but follow me around this board to chime in on them every damn time.  Others advise you to just let me be because “ I’m so off base” but you just can’t help yourselves.

2.  If you read above, I agreed that Michigan isn’t on UGA’s level…but at this stage NO ONE is.  I can even see your point on Bama as they were two fluke losses away from running the table and they have the hardware to justify it.

3.  Even you have to admit that at the very least Michigan is OSU’s equal.  Once could he viewed as a fluke but two consecutive three possession victories in which the best offensive line in America (not my opinion, validated by two consecutive Joe Moore award trophies) ran the ball down the Buckeyes’ throat legitimizes the point.

4.  One bad night against TCU doesn’t change this.  Why does Bama get a pass for letting Tennessee drop 50+ but you are digging your heels in on TCU running on Michigan?  Why does Michigan still have to prove they are on OSU’s level despite doing to OSU what TCU did to them?  TCU probably wasn’t #2 in America but they also aren’t scrimmage fodder.  

5.  If you read in depth about the “sanctions” Michigan is facing, make sure you do so without a drink in your hand as you will likely spit it all over your screen.  Jim is exploring plan b, in part to the hypocrisy of the NCAA and I honestly can’t blame him.

Edited by temptation

24 minutes ago, temptation said:

5.  If you read in depth about the “sanctions” Michigan is facing, make sure you do so without a drink in your hand as you will likely spit it all over your screen.  Jim is exploring plan b, in part to the hypocrisy of the NCAA and I honestly can’t blame him.

Much as I hate to say it, the guy has proved he can coach. But I believe he is better suited to the NFL than college football.

10 hours ago, gonzoron said:

I'd tell you what the insiders are saying but you'd just mock me for claiming I have "boots on the ground."

Just now, Bobref said:

Much as I hate to say it, the guy has proved he can coach. But I believe he is better suited to the NFL than college football.

May I ask why?

35 minutes ago, Bobref said:

Now you’re just trolling @temptation. 🤣😂

Trolling Temp, not really I made the same comment to several friends the night of the semi-finals to a group of friends, most of which are in this board. If you’re the HC at Michigan you have one goal every year, and it ain’t beating Indiana. He’s 2-5 vs OSU and 3-4 vs MSU. There are teams that are in the mix regularly but the top spot seems to have more to do with who comes, who stays, and who decides to play in the FCS games, than it does actually recruiting kids and building programs. Until Michigan at the very least begins making the show regularly AND beating BigTen rivals regularly, yea, Harbaugh is OSU’s beotch. 

8 minutes ago, temptation said:

I'd tell you what the insiders are saying but you'd just mock me for claiming I have "boots on the ground."

May I ask why?

His temperament. He’s “unconventional,” to say the least. I just think he would be better off in an environment where there are a lot fewer rules.

22 minutes ago, Impartial_Observer said:

Trolling Temp, not really I made the same comment to several friends the night of the semi-finals to a group of friends, most of which are in this board. If you’re the HC at Michigan you have one goal every year, and it ain’t beating Indiana. He’s 2-5 vs OSU and 3-4 vs MSU. There are teams that are in the mix regularly but the top spot seems to have more to do with who comes, who stays, and who decides to play in the FCS games, than it does actually recruiting kids and building programs. Until Michigan at the very least begins making the show regularly AND beating BigTen rivals regularly, yea, Harbaugh is OSU’s beotch. 

LOL...

2015-2019:  "He can't beat MSU or OSU.  He needs to be fired."

2020:  "See, look.  2-4.  Michigan football is dead.  Harbaugh is a failed experiment.  Rival fans:  I hope Michigan keeps him forever!"

2021:  "Well, he beat OSU but that was a fluke and it was at home.  Anyone can get lucky.  OSU will remember that and get revenge next year.  MSU still beat them and they got stomped in the playoffs."

2022:  "Beats OSU and MSU by 22 points each but he can't win a bowl game!  (But I hope he goes to the NFL...)"

"Making the show regularly" doesn't include 2 consecutive playoff appearances I guess.

Man, a lot of shade and hate for the #3 team in AMERICA here fellas.

13 minutes ago, Bobref said:

His temperament. He’s “unconventional,” to say the least. I just think he would be better off in an environment where there are a lot fewer rules.

I can definitely see the second part of your statement but I am not on board with his temperament being better for the pros, especially when it comes to relationships with his players.  They love the man and would run through a brick wall for him.  

Edited by temptation

3 hours ago, temptation said:

LOL...

2015-2019:  "He can't beat MSU or OSU.  He needs to be fired."

2020:  "See, look.  2-4.  Michigan football is dead.  Harbaugh is a failed experiment.  Rival fans:  I hope Michigan keeps him forever!"

2021:  "Well, he beat OSU but that was a fluke and it was at home.  Anyone can get lucky.  OSU will remember that and get revenge next year.  MSU still beat them and they got stomped in the playoffs."

2022:  "Beats OSU and MSU by 22 points each but he can't win a bowl game!  (But I hope he goes to the NFL...)"

"Making the show regularly" doesn't include 2 consecutive playoff appearances I guess.

Yea I never said any of that. Frankly I could give two shits about Harbaugh, Michigan, or OSU for that matter. You want Michigan to be in the conversation for elite program. Do it again and then do it again. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Impartial_Observer said:

Yea I never said any of that. Frankly I could give two shits about Harbaugh, Michigan, or OSU for that matter. You want Michigan to be in the conversation for elite program. Do it again and then do it again. 

Noted.  So three appearances.

Bama, Georgia, Clemson, Ohio State and Oklahoma are the only ones that have done that thus far.

At least you are consistent.

Where do the Sooners (6-7 this season and 0-4 and blown out in 2 of their appearances) and Clemson (two consecutive seasons finishing outside of the top ten) fall in your "tiers"?  Do they have to re-prove themselves?

Edited by temptation

1 hour ago, temptation said:

Noted.  So three appearances.

Bama, Georgia, Clemson, Ohio State and Oklahoma are the only ones that have done that thus far.

At least you are consistent.

Where do the Sooners (6-7 this season and 0-4 and blown out in 2 of their appearances) and Clemson (two consecutive seasons finishing outside of the top ten) fall in your "tiers"?  Do they have to re-prove themselves?

Why does my opinion concern you so much?

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, temptation said:

No doubt.  But were they unbeatable?

Not at all. They ran the table and won the Title. Did all that they could do. But, I don't think they should go down in history as an absolutely dominate team. Their SEC schedule was pretty weak this year and they had some stinker performances. Replay the Oregon and TCU games and I would pick Georgia to win both; however, I feel the MOV in both of those was a fluke. Sometimes disaster strikes and it just snowballs into a collosal ball of crap. I think too many definitive statements/hot takes are being made over the TCU final score. Georgia was extremely fortunate to even be in that game in the first place. Ohio State had them beat more than once. Credit to Georgia for coming back, but I don't think Georgia wins that game if Harrison Jr. doesn't exit. They may not have had enough time to come back had the officials called targeting on the play to give Ohio State 1st and Goal instead of having to settle for a FG.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Boilernation said:

Not at all. They ran the table and won the Title. Did all that they could do. But, I don't think they should go down in history as an absolutely dominate team. Their SEC schedule was pretty weak this year and they had some stinker performances. Replay the Oregon and TCU games and I would pick Georgia to win both; however, I feel the MOV in both of those was a fluke. Sometimes disaster strikes and it just snowballs into a collosal ball of crap. I think too many definitive statements/hot takes are being made over the TCU final score. Georgia was extremely fortunate to even be in that game in the first place. Ohio State had them beat more than once. Credit to Georgia for coming back, but I don't think Georgia wins that game if Harrison Jr. doesn't exit. They may not have had enough time to come back had the officials called targeting on the play to give Ohio State 1st and Goal instead of having to settle for a FG.

I’m torn because I sort of agree but S&P (an advanced analytics tool that I respect and trusted by many bettors) just gave UGA its highest rating for a team in 15 years.

Michigan and OSU picked the wrong night to crap the bed.  Both were damn close to an all-time ratings classic had they pulled it off.

13 hours ago, temptation said:

Agree. I have Michigan at #3, but you're not going to like who I have at #2:

1.   Georgia

2.   Ohio State (They had Georgia beat)

3.   Michigan

After that, it's a crapshoot. There are ten teams that could tickle that #4 spot. TCU beat Michigan......bla bla bla. The better team doesn't always win. See the Ohio State Georgia game. . 

11 hours ago, temptation said:

No doubt.  But were they unbeatable?

No, Ohio State proved that. 

Edited by BTF

8 hours ago, BTF said:

Agree. I have Michigan at #3, but you're not going to like who I have at #2:

1.   Georgia

2.   Ohio State (They had Georgia beat)

3.   Michigan

After that, it's a crapshoot. There are ten teams that could tickle that #4 spot. TCU beat Michigan......bla bla bla. The better team doesn't always win. See the Ohio State Georgia game. . 

No, Ohio State proved that. 

So close losses matter more so than head to head huh?  That 22 point road win (should have been 29) was a fluke I guess.

I hope the Buckeyes bring that same energy they have the last two Novembers into Ann Arbor again next fall.

Edited by temptation

13 hours ago, temptation said:

I’m torn because I sort of agree but S&P (an advanced analytics tool that I respect and trusted by many bettors) just gave UGA its highest rating for a team in 15 years.

Michigan and OSU picked the wrong night to crap the bed.  Both were damn close to an all-time ratings classic had they pulled it off.

Interesting. Can you share the link? 

On 1/11/2023 at 7:20 AM, temptation said:

1.  You (and another user on this board who shall remain nameless) throw shade and pretend my opinions are invalid and that I don’t matter but follow me around this board to chime in on them every damn time.  Others advise you to just let me be because “ I’m so off base” but you just can’t help yourselves.

2.  If you read above, I agreed that Michigan isn’t on UGA’s level…but at this stage NO ONE is.  I can even see your point on Bama as they were two fluke losses away from running the table and they have the hardware to justify it.

3.  Even you have to admit that at the very least Michigan is OSU’s equal.  Once could he viewed as a fluke but two consecutive three possession victories in which the best offensive line in America (not my opinion, validated by two consecutive Joe Moore award trophies) ran the ball down the Buckeyes’ throat legitimizes the point.

4.  One bad night against TCU doesn’t change this.  Why does Bama get a pass for letting Tennessee drop 50+ but you are digging your heels in on TCU running on Michigan?  Why does Michigan still have to prove they are on OSU’s level despite doing to OSU what TCU did to them?  TCU probably wasn’t #2 in America but they also aren’t scrimmage fodder.  

1.  You are way too emotional dude.  First accusing me of hating you in a previous post....now I "pretend" you opinions are invalid and follow you around?  My advice...focus more on yourself.  You can't help yourself and comment on every post  (Bobref recently said it best about your predicted responses)....you are always right and never open to other input if they don't align with your own.  I think you post some good stuff....I also think you post some crap.  I ignore much of the latter.....but sometimes, I am simply going to tell you that your not always in the right with your takes.  I think you honestly believe that your assumptions and views make it fact....and that is certainly not always the case, whether you like that or not.  If you don't want to be a target, don't comment on every post and don't pretend that you are the smartest guy in the room....because we all know it "ain't so".  

2. My opinion (and that's all it is), there are 3 teams in the upper tier.  UGA, Bama and OSU.  OSU by far gave UGA their best game of the year, and should have won that game, had they not lost a couple of critical weapons.  Kirby Smart's timeout just prior to the fake punt snap and Bowers (TE) incredible athletic play on 4th down to get the first down factored in huge in the tight UGA victory.  

3.  Torn on that one...yes, I realize UM beat OSU the last 2 years.  Prior to that UM won the big game TWICE since 2001.  (Ohio State 17-2 over that period)  I'm sorry, I need to see some more competitiveness first than just 2 data points.  Doesn't make me right, but its how I feel.  Clearly, Ohio State played far better than Michigan, against a far better opponent in the recent CFP.  That is not debatable.  

4.  See above.  While we agree TCU isn't fodder, they were DESTROYED by the same UGA team, and UGA was fortunate to escape OSU.  UM was beaten, outrushed and couldn't stop the same TCU team at the end of the game that could do NOTHING against UGA.  To my eye, there were differences in team performances.

5.  I don't waste my drinks....I'll hold it down.  NCAA actions never surprise me....and that includes their lack of action.  I think Jim was sniffing the NFL options well before any NCAA investigation.  Does this push him evern faster?  Maybe....but it wasn't the NCAA that put his focus on the NFL.  

2 hours ago, Bash Riprock said:

1.  You are way too emotional dude.  First accusing me of hating you in a previous post....now I "pretend" you opinions are invalid and follow you around?  My advice...focus more on yourself.  You can't help yourself and comment on every post  (Bobref recently said it best about your predicted responses)....you are always right and never open to other input if they don't align with your own.  I think you post some good stuff....I also think you post some crap.  I ignore much of the latter.....but sometimes, I am simply going to tell you that your not always in the right with your takes.  I think you honestly believe that your assumptions and views make it fact....and that is certainly not always the case, whether you like that or not.  If you don't want to be a target, don't comment on every post and don't pretend that you are the smartest guy in the room....because we all know it "ain't so".  

As I was taught by my late mother you always need to have the attitude of "I may not be right, but I'm never wrong."