Jump to content
  • Current Donation Goals

    • Raised $3,162.05 of $3,600 target

CFP Championship


Bobref
 Share

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Bash Riprock said:

1.  You are way too emotional dude.  First accusing me of hating you in a previous post....now I "pretend" you opinions are invalid and follow you around?  My advice...focus more on yourself.  You can't help yourself and comment on every post  (Bobref recently said it best about your predicted responses)....you are always right and never open to other input if they don't align with your own.  I think you post some good stuff....I also think you post some crap.  I ignore much of the latter.....but sometimes, I am simply going to tell you that your not always in the right with your takes.  I think you honestly believe that your assumptions and views make it fact....and that is certainly not always the case, whether you like that or not.  If you don't want to be a target, don't comment on every post and don't pretend that you are the smartest guy in the room....because we all know it "ain't so".  

2. My opinion (and that's all it is), there are 3 teams in the upper tier.  UGA, Bama and OSU.  OSU by far gave UGA their best game of the year, and should have won that game, had they not lost a couple of critical weapons.  Kirby Smart's timeout just prior to the fake punt snap and Bowers (TE) incredible athletic play on 4th down to get the first down factored in huge in the tight UGA victory.  

3.  Torn on that one...yes, I realize UM beat OSU the last 2 years.  Prior to that UM won the big game TWICE since 2001.  (Ohio State 17-2 over that period)  I'm sorry, I need to see some more competitiveness first than just 2 data points.  Doesn't make me right, but its how I feel.  Clearly, Ohio State played far better than Michigan, against a far better opponent in the recent CFP.  That is not debatable.  

4.  See above.  While we agree TCU isn't fodder, they were DESTROYED by the same UGA team, and UGA was fortunate to escape OSU.  UM was beaten, outrushed and couldn't stop the same TCU team at the end of the game that could do NOTHING against UGA.  To my eye, there were differences in team performances.

5.  I don't waste my drinks....I'll hold it down.  NCAA actions never surprise me....and that includes their lack of action.  I think Jim was sniffing the NFL options well before any NCAA investigation.  Does this push him evern faster?  Maybe....but it wasn't the NCAA that put his focus on the NFL.  

1.  Not emotional at all.  Just ask for people to justify their opinions with facts.  I did so in the Steele thread and you didn't like it.  I am completely open to differing opinions as long as its grounded in something factual and not emotions/tropes that are tossed out there by the talking heads.  I may get heated but at the end of the day its just sports.  We are all passionate about it as we visit this site daily but its not life or death.  Don't flatter yourself.

2.  You are once again picking and choosing.  Why does UGA get a pass for struggling with Mizzou?  Why does OSU get a pass for struggling with Northwestern?  Michigan dominated  a damn fine Penn State outfit (could have honestly won by much more) yet Ohio State was trailing in the fourth quarter against them?  I stated that I think OSU was a better matchup for UGA than Michigan but we will never know.  I can pick and choose too.

3.  Had UM won at the last second or in one possession games, that would be a valid argument but they won both going away in DOMINATING fashion.  You have once again cherry picked (17-2) your data which spans over multiple coaches for both teams.  Yes, Harbaugh is 2-5 against OSU but is 2-1 against Day.  A much more relevant data point than using the last two decades.  OSU fans and players have once again convinced themselves that Michigan beating them was a fluke and I hope they bring that same mindset into next year's game (though I think UM should be favored actually).

4.  Michigan had many poor decisions against TCU which led to their demise.  TCU had the kryptonite to every Michigan defensive play call at the perfect time it seemed.  Michigan almost got home on multiple blitzes that resulted in big plays/TDs for TCU.  Credit to them.  But once again, you are viewing this through one lens.  Michigan scored 45 points, allowed TCU's defense to score 13 (missed XP) and had more first downs and more total yardage.  A loss is a loss and you are allowed to have your opinion but don't magnify it as a one sided affair.

5.  Jim and the AD are in negotiations right now as it relates to his base salary, assistant coaches pool, commitment to NIL and most importantly, his buyout number.  The latter is the main hold up on the negotiations as Michigan doesn't want to go through this annually, nor should they.  I see both sides.  Jim says "look at that clown up in East Lansing that is making $9+million" and "look at what other schools are doing as it relates to NIL and compared to our current "sanctions"" whereas Warde (Michigan's AD) is countering with pause due to the "sanctions" being spoken of and Jim's annual interest in the NFL.

I'll tell you this.  The NFL is plan B as of now, but if these negotiations aren't wrapped up by the middle of next week I think its bad news for Michigan.

As always, respect your opinions...just disagree with most of them.

Edited by temptation
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, temptation said:

So close losses matter more so than head to head huh?  That 22 point road win (should have been 29) was a fluke I guess.

I hope the Buckeyes bring that same energy they have the last two Novembers into Ann Arbor again next fall.

No, not in terms of fairness when it comes to polls. If I was part of the poll committee. I'd have to go Georgia, TCU, Michigan, then Ohio State based on head to head matchups. I'm a pretty fair guy. 

But if someone asked me off the record who I thought were the best four teams at the very end of the season, I'd have to go with Georgia/Ohio State as 1a/b. Michigan at #3. In my opinion, #4 is an absolute crapshoot. 

What is hard about a poll like this is the fact that some teams just match up better with others. Michigan being a better matchup for TCU than Georgia. Just because TCU got embarrassed by the Bulldogs, doesn't mean Michigan would have. Michigan handily beat Ohio State, then Ohio State almost (should have) beat Georgia. LSU beat Bama, does that mean LSU is deserving of a higher ranking? Of course not. Polls are a bitch. I commend you for the effort you put into the weekly high school poll. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, BTF said:

No, not in terms of fairness when it comes to polls. If I was part of the poll committee. I'd have to go Georgia, TCU, Michigan, then Ohio State based on head to head matchups. I'm a pretty fair guy. 

But if someone asked me off the record who I thought were the best four teams at the very end of the season, I'd have to go with Georgia/Ohio State as 1a/b. Michigan at #3. In my opinion, #4 is an absolute crapshoot. 

What is hard about a poll like this is the fact that some teams just match up better with others. Michigan being a better matchup for TCU than Georgia. Just because TCU got embarrassed by the Bulldogs, doesn't mean Michigan would have. Michigan handily beat Ohio State, then Ohio State almost (should have) beat Georgia. LSU beat Bama, does that mean LSU is deserving of a higher ranking? Of course not. Polls are a bitch. I commend you for the effort you put into the weekly high school poll. 

I respect that.  Some in the coaches/AP poll agreed with you actually...here's looking at your Marcus Freeman.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Muda69 said:

As I was taught by my late mother you always need to have the attitude of "I may not be right, but I'm never wrong."

 

Never heard that one before.  My father taught me as a married man, "son, your wife is always right".......😉

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, temptation said:

1.  Not emotional at all.  Just ask for people to justify their opinions with facts.  I did so in the Steele thread and you didn't like it.  I am completely open to differing opinions as long as its grounded in something factual and not emotions/tropes that are tossed out there by the talking heads.  I may get heated but at the end of the day its just sports.  We are all passionate about it as we visit this site daily but its not life or death.  Don't flatter yourself.

2.  You are once again picking and choosing.  Why does UGA get a pass for struggling with Mizzou?  Why does OSU get a pass for struggling with Northwestern?  Michigan dominated  a damn fine Penn State outfit (could have honestly won by much more) yet Ohio State was trailing in the fourth quarter against them?  I stated that I think OSU was a better matchup for UGA than Michigan but we will never know.  I can pick and choose too.

3.  Had UM won at the last second or in one possession games, that would be a valid argument but they won both going away in DOMINATING fashion.  You have once again cherry picked (17-2) your data which spans over multiple coaches for both teams.  Yes, Harbaugh is 2-5 against OSU but is 2-1 against Day.  A much more relevant data point than using the last two decades.  OSU fans and players have once again convinced themselves that Michigan beating them was a fluke and I hope they bring that same mindset into next year's game (though I think UM should be favored actually).

4.  Michigan had many poor decisions against TCU which led to their demise.  TCU had the kryptonite to every Michigan defensive play call at the perfect time it seemed.  Michigan almost got home on multiple blitzes that resulted in big plays/TDs for TCU.  Credit to them.  But once again, you are viewing this through one lens.  Michigan scored 45 points, allowed TCU's defense to score 13 (missed XP) and had more first downs and more total yardage.  A loss is a loss and you are allowed to have your opinion but don't magnify it as a one sided affair.

5.  Jim and the AD are in negotiations right now as it relates to his base salary, assistant coaches pool, commitment to NIL and most importantly, his buyout number.  The latter is the main hold up on the negotiations as Michigan doesn't want to go through this annually, nor should they.  I see both sides.  Jim says "look at that clown up in East Lansing that is making $9+million" and "look at what other schools are doing as it relates to NIL and compared to our current "sanctions"" whereas Warde (Michigan's AD) is countering with pause due to the "sanctions" being spoken of and Jim's annual interest in the NFL.

I'll tell you this.  The NFL is plan B as of now, but if these negotiations aren't wrapped up by the middle of next week I think its bad news for Michigan.

As always, respect your opinions...just disagree with most of them.

Done arguing about Michigan football status.  I am neither a fan nor an enemy of the program.  I was hoping they would beat TCU in the playoff game. They didn't.  Why you care so much about my feelings regarding Michigan football is beyond me.  Truly puzzling.  BTW, never magnified it as a one sided affair.  Those are your words.  But they absolutely beat Michigan in the run game, Michigan couldn't get them off the field at the end, and forced an average QB into multiple mistakes by making the Wolverines one-dimensional playing catchup the entire game.  Make all the excuses you want, but that is exactly what happened.  

A forum is all about opinions and I get it it...but asking for people to justify their opinion with facts, you would come off far more credible if you adhered to your own expectations.  And that absolutely includes the CS thread.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Bash Riprock said:

Done arguing about Michigan football status.  I am neither a fan nor an enemy of the program.  I was hoping they would beat TCU in the playoff game. They didn't.  Why you care so much about my feelings regarding Michigan football is beyond me.  Truly puzzling.  BTW, never magnified it as a one sided affair.  Those are your words.  But they absolutely beat Michigan in the run game, Michigan couldn't get them off the field at the end, and forced an average QB into multiple mistakes by making the Wolverines one-dimensional playing catchup the entire game.  Make all the excuses you want, but that is exactly what happened.  

A forum is all about opinions and I get it it...but asking for people to justify their opinion with facts, you would come off far more credible if you adhered to your own expectations.  And that absolutely includes the CS thread.

I’ve noticed twice now that when challenged on your opinion and asked to give supporting evidence you resort to the “I’m done and you’re not worth my time” method while attempting to claim a mic drop.

I don’t know if it’s wanting to feel as if you got the last word but there are unanswered questions in both this thread as well as the CS thread.

Its like someone challenged you…presented their opinion with facts and you make a “your mama” joke as a comeback because you have nothing else.

Michigan just happens to be the topic of this conversation…I’m not “concerned” so much with your opinion about the Wolverines specifically…but the title of your thread is “CFP Championship” of which Michigan was a participant.  

I am fan but can admit my favorite team has flaws and don’t care when others do as well but support your thesis with facts and be consistent.

Edited by temptation
Link to comment
Share on other sites

To the game....I get the impression Kirby was QUITE confident what the end result was going to be. lol
This is quite an impressive string of expletives lol 

Oh, I guess I should mention language is NSFW. 
 

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, temptation said:

I respect that.  Some in the coaches/AP poll agreed with you actually...here's looking at your Marcus Freeman.

It's just hard to ignore what happened in the playoffs. Michgan's body of work over the course of the season ranks second only to Georgia. But damn, Ohio State looked impressive in the playoff. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Irishman said:

To the game....I get the impression Kirby was QUITE confident what the end result was going to be. lol
This is quite an impressive string of expletives lol 

Oh, I guess I should mention language is NSFW. 
 

 

 

Surprises me a little bit coming out of the bible belt. I have mixed feelings here. On one hand, that kind of language can make a guy look more ignorant that what he is. On the other, he seems to know how to get football players in the right mindset to knock their opponent on their ass. Unfortunately, that type of speech trumps 'love of teammates' speech when it comes to the sport of football. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, BTF said:

Surprises me a little bit coming out of the bible belt. I have mixed feelings here. On one hand, that kind of language can make a guy look more ignorant that what he is. On the other, he seems to know how to get football players in the right mindset to knock their opponent on their ass. Unfortunately, that type of speech trumps 'love of teammates' speech when it comes to the sport of football. 

He does start with "Trust your brothers"....so there is that. 😁

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

grown men playing that game, loved the pre gamer

Michigan, has turned the corner, last 2 years, it seems, feel like they are missing a couple more dynamic playmakers to put them in that tier 1 as I mentioned previously.    Cycles happen, see Clemson, OLK, USC, ND, but Bama, Georgia (under Smart) and OSU, seems to have remained above the rest with unbelievable talent and playmakers 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Coach Nowlin said:

grown men playing that game, loved the pre gamer

Michigan, has turned the corner, last 2 years, it seems, feel like they are missing a couple more dynamic playmakers to put them in that tier 1 as I mentioned previously.    Cycles happen, see Clemson, OLK, USC, ND, but Bama, Georgia (under Smart) and OSU, seems to have remained above the rest with unbelievable talent and playmakers 

I can get on board with this.  Michigan is also built differently than almost every team in the country...old school/run first from the offensive line outward so that's something to also take into account.  They undoubtedly have the best 1-2 punch in the backfield entering 2023-24 though.

Edited by temptation
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...