Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Bowl Games

PHJIrish

Some of the Bowl games seemed to be unevenly matched when announced, and I for one thought the Tulane/USC games was one of those.  Boy was I wrong!  It was a good one!

It's sad to see half empty stadiums in the first 3 games today, though.  I hope the Rose Bowl has its usual big crowd.  It looks like it on TV.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, PHJIrish said:

Some of the Bowl games seemed to be unevenly matched when announced, and I for one thought the Tulane/USC games was one of those.  Boy was I wrong!  It was a good one!

It's sad to see half empty stadiums in the first 3 games today, though.  I hope the Rose Bowl has its usual big crowd.  It looks like it on TV.

Quite the comeback for Tulane.  From 2-10 last year, to 12-2 this year and a Cotton Bowl win over USC, quite the program turnaround.  

30 minutes ago, PHJIrish said:

Only time the Rose Bowl EVER IS FULL.

UCLA’s crowds are pathetic.

17 minutes ago, Bash Riprock said:

Quite the comeback for Tulane.  From 2-10 last year, to 12-2 this year and a Cotton Bowl win over USC, quite the program turnaround.  

Took a 5-6 Central Missouri team to 10-2 in five years.

Took a 4-6 Sam Houston State team to 14-1 in just two years. 

Tulane was 3-9 in 2015. Now sitting at 12-2.

How come it's always the football coaches with the best players in the country who get dubbed as the best coach in the country (Nick Saben)?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, temptation said:

Eh, I think it’s an LA/west coast thing.

Even USC football/UCLA basketball fail to pack the house consistently.

I imagine if you're a sports fan from LA with no ties to either school, you tend to root for both. 

LA is a city not known for really supporting their teams. People show up late and leave early. I know traffic is a factor. There are also a LOT of people that live there that are not from there. As far as the Rose Bowl stadium, it seats 90,000, and being a bowl, can look empty and still have 50,000-60,000 people there.