Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Damar Hamlin

Bobref

2 minutes ago, temptation said:

would imagine a control group of athletes in a specific age group who had not had the virus/vaccine vs a separate group who had had one or both would be a good starting place.

OK, you’ve got a test group and a control group. Now what? Start hitting them in the chest to see who arrests?

23 minutes ago, Irishman said:

Exactly how would it be determined that the vaccine or even covid was a factor in what happened? What tests exist to make that determination?

The only way I can think of would be autopsy.

7 hours ago, Irishman said:

As far as Damar goes, a standard protocol for cardiac arrest patients is to put them on oxygen/breathing tubes. He had been at 100% oxygen intake, and the family reports he is down the 50%. Hoping and praying that trend continues.  

Speaking of SOP, it is also standard to graduate somebody back to breathing on their own regardless of how quickly they recover.  I had what was supposed to be outpatient surgery a couple months ago.  When I came out my oxygen level was too low to dismiss me so they hooked me up to an oxygen blast and admitted me.  Within a couple hours I could take the mask off (when the nurses and my daughter weren't looking) and my oxygen was fine but they kept me there for four days because that is SOP.  

At least that's what they told me.  Might have been that they just liked watching me walk around in my butt gown.

Edited by Grover
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Grover said:

Speaking of SOP, it is also standard to graduate somebody back to breathing on their own regardless of how quickly they recover.

It’s going to be difficult to assess whether there’s been brain damage until they wake him up. And they likely won’t do that until he’s making an effort to breathe on his own. As long as he’s got a breathing tube in place, they’ll keep him sedated. Very difficult for a patient to tolerate an endotracheal tube while awake. And no real way to assess his cognitive function while he’s sedated.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, temptation said:

Honest question.  If it were actually found that the vaccine (or prior Covid infection for that matter) actually played a role in this event (no matter how small), do you think that information would be released to the public?

The NFLPA would have an absolute fit and a work stoppage would be possible.

Those people who are so quick to dismiss it concern me much more so than those who are entertaining the possibility.

Sure, the OOB forum is full of this sort of thing. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Bobref said:

OK, you’ve got a test group and a control group. Now what? Start hitting them in the chest to see who arrests?

The only way I can think of would be autopsy.

How about starting simple with blood/heart tests to check for abnormalities/differences to see if any patterns emerge and then go from there?

Don't be so dense.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Whiting89 said:

Full disclosure i’m 4x vaxxed and speculation is that the vax caused his issues 

per past post they allow  rumors with professional athletes 

Mr. Doyel at the Indianapolis Stat goes on a rant about this "speculation": https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/columnists/gregg-doyel/2023/01/03/anti-vaxxers-using-buffalo-bills-damar-hamlin-to-promote-covid-agenda-vaccine-bert-smith-ncaa-ref/69773059007/

57 minutes ago, gonzoron said:

It was chemtrails

Maybe HAARP.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

Lost me at “Mr.”

5 minutes ago, temptation said:

“If we have fans at the Indy 500, there will not be enough body bags.”

Meh.  He's a sports columnist.  Those kind of ridiculous statements are their stock in trade.  It drives site traffic.

I'm not really a Doyel fan either, but he's a sight better than those SJW's at Deadspin.............

27 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

Meh.  He's a sports columnist.  Those kind of ridiculous statements are their stock in trade.  It drives site traffic.

I'm not really a Doyel fan either, but he's a sight better than those SJW's at Deadspin.............

Would be fine if he apologized or printed a retraction but he never did…and that was just the tip of the iceberg with his non-factual clickbait sensationalist nonsense.

(His personal vendetta with Dakich was downright creepy.)

I guess I just have higher standards of journalism.

At the risk of getting this thread locked, I’d better stop.

Edited by temptation
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, temptation said:

How about starting simple with blood/heart tests to check for abnormalities/differences to see if any patterns emerge and then go from there?

Don't be so dense.

You mean, in addition to all the tests they are already doing now? He’s no doubt already had serial MRIs of the brain, constant monitoring of his ventilation status, round the clock testing of kidney & liver function, blood chemistry, and probably 20 other parameters we don’t know about. He’s almost certainly had an echocardiogram to see if there’s damage to the heart muscle.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Bobref said:

You mean, in addition to all the tests they are already doing now? He’s no doubt already had serial MRIs of the brain, constant monitoring of his ventilation status, round the clock testing of kidney & liver function, blood chemistry, and probably 20 other parameters we don’t know about. He’s almost certainly had an echocardiogram to see if there’s damage to the heart muscle.

Yes.  The burden of proof is on those who dismiss any possible connection, not the other way around.

A process of elimination if that wording fits better.

14 minutes ago, temptation said:

Yes.  The burden of proof is on those who dismiss any possible connection, not the other way around.

A process of elimination if that wording fits better.

And, assuming there are such tests, and they can be done in his current condition, you’re saying these additional tests should be done to explore a possible connection between the vaccination and sudden cardiac arrest? Any idea how many people suffer sudden cardiac arrest in this country every day? This source says 1000 per day in the US.https://www.sca-aware.org/about-sudden-cardiac-arrest/latest-statistics  Should they all be subjected to this theoretical battery of tests, or just the NFL player?

1 hour ago, Bobref said:

And, assuming there are such tests, and they can be done in his current condition, you’re saying these additional tests should be done to explore a possible connection between the vaccination and sudden cardiac arrest? Any idea how many people suffer sudden cardiac arrest in this country every day? This source says 1000 per day in the US.https://www.sca-aware.org/about-sudden-cardiac-arrest/latest-statistics  Should they all be subjected to this theoretical battery of tests, or just the NFL player?

Just the NFL player…for now.

I am very close to the issue (that this thread and other have brought into the mix) and have hours and hours invested in research.  There are more people than any reporting mechanism can calculate that are vaccine injured......there are also more people than any reporting mechanism can calculate that are Covid injured.  Oddly enough, ALL of the issues/effects/symptoms being reported are being reported by both injured groups.  The problem is the majority of folks only want to believe that those injured are the ones that didn't do what they did....or belong to the "other" political party.