Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Damar Hamlin

Bobref

7 minutes ago, Bobref said:

Prediction: No matter what he or anyone else says or does, the lunatic fringe won’t let it go.

What more is required? DNA? I saw him on TV, as did millions of people.

https://apnews.com/article/buffalo-bills-cincinnati-bengals-nfl-sports-football-ae41d5baace672bd347e6e146400f11d

Edited by Bobref

2 hours ago, temptation said:

You did?

0F95F4E2-D020-4D10-B0C4-1A2184AB5B1B.webp

Uh-huh. Of course, this isn’t enough for the nut jobs. If he gave an interview, they’d say it was an impersonator. Fingerprints? DNA? They’d just say the results were fixed. Crazies gonna crazy.

Just now, Bobref said:

Uh-huh. Of course, this isn’t enough for the nut jobs. If he gave an interview, they’d say it was an impersonator. Fingerprints? DNA? They’d just say the results were fixed. Crazies gonna crazy.

I mean, come on.  In an era where I can watch TV in 4K and see sweat beads on players’ faces from my couch, this photo is good enough huh?  

I’m not one of the crazies but if you want them to shut up simply provide more definite proof than this nonsense.

2 hours ago, temptation said:

I mean, come on.  In an era where I can watch TV in 4K and see sweat beads on players’ faces from my couch, this photo is good enough huh?  

I’m not one of the crazies but if you want them to shut up simply provide more definite proof than this nonsense.

And my point is, there will never be enough “proof” for those predisposed to nut job conspiracy theories.

• 3 weeks later...

It was good to see Damar Hamlin at the Super Bowl yesterday, and no that wasn't a stunt double!  He also said he'd like to play football again, but that may take awhile to determine if that's possible.

The vast misinformation business seems to be endless and really sad.

On 1/28/2023 at 11:18 AM, Bash Riprock said:

From Mr. Whitlock:

The truth about what happened to him on Monday Night Football a month ago is completely irrelevant compared to how much money he can make telling a story that advertisers like. That is the power of television and social media. Separately they harm the truth, together they destroy the truth and reduce it to an unrecognizable rubble and a weapon of mass destruction.

He's not wrong.