Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Purdue 2023

Coach Nowlin

Purdue has to have the youngest P5 staff in America, already got one of the top QB from the Portal and will continue to go shopping in the next weeks.  

Going into all of this with eyes wide open and fair chance to see what they can create under this new leadership.  

Tough Schedule for sure in 2023

Don't rule out that Purdue might start saying some of the right things to Brady, it's not out of the realm of possibility.

It's silly to assume that the kid is looking for a guaranteed starting job next year.

Edited by Titan32

5 hours ago, Coach Nowlin said:

Purdue has to have the youngest P5 staff in America, already got one of the top QB from the Portal and will continue to go shopping in the next weeks.  

Coach, I realize Hudson Card was a 4 star HS recruit.  But he didn't exactly tear it up at Texas.  In 3 years and 22 games, he's averaging 138 yds/game with 0.5 TD's/game passing.  (11 TD's total)  He lost his starting job.  What makes you or others think he's going to come in and take the Big 10 by storm?  

I am not saying he won't do well....but his history is ok.  Why is he ready to take it to the next level??

Does he have one or 2 years eligibility remaining??

5 hours ago, Titan32 said:

Don't rule out that Purdue might start saying some of the right things to Brady, it's not out of the realm of possibility.

It's silly to assume that the kid is looking for a guaranteed starting job next year.

I would gladly welcome him back 

2 hours ago, Bash Riprock said:

Coach, I realize Hudson Card was a 4 star HS recruit.  But he didn't exactly tear it up at Texas.  In 3 years and 22 games, he's averaging 138 yds/game with 0.5 TD's/game passing.  (11 TD's total)  He lost his starting job.  What makes you or others think he's going to come in and take the Big 10 by storm?  

I am not saying he won't do well....but his history is ok.  Why is he ready to take it to the next level??

Does he have one or 2 years eligibility remaining??

Don't remember saying anything such as take b10 by storm, but he was productive at Texas and would think he would be productive at Purdue.   Ask yourself why he no longer earned the starting job at Texas.   

https://www.espn.com/college-football/player/_/id/4429032/hudson-card

Productive stats in the 3.5 games he played after 5 star #1 recruit in nation https://247sports.com/PlayerSport/Quinn-Ewers-at-Southlake-Carroll-191207/RecruitRankHistory/ got hurt vs Alabama.   And Arch Manning coming once Ewers is done.   Made all the sense in the world for him to transfer and Purdue was fortunate to get him as no matter what they were getting a portal qb even if Brohm stayed.  

He will have 2 years of eligibility left.   

20 minutes ago, Coach Nowlin said:

Don't remember saying anything such as take b10 by storm, but he was productive at Texas and would think he would be productive at Purdue.   Ask yourself why he no longer earned the starting job at Texas.   

Productive stats in the 3.5 games he played after 5 star #1 recruit in nation https://247sports.com/PlayerSport/Quinn-Ewers-at-Southlake-Carroll-191207/RecruitRankHistory/ got hurt vs Alabama.   And Arch Manning coming once Ewers is done.   Made all the sense in the world for him to transfer and Purdue was fortunate to get him as no matter what they were getting a portal qb even if Brohm stayed.  

In what portal rankings was he #1?

1 hour ago, temptation said:

I never saw full "rankings". however I did see bunch of headlines of being top position type available early in the process 

Would imagine he was somewhere in the top 10 for QBs and Top 40 available or so 

1 hour ago, temptation said:

I would imagine that dude from Jackson St WR who follow PRIME to Colorado would of been top ranked 

https://www.on3.com/db/kiyaunta-goodwin-75413/

This just came across my timeline if you will:   would love to see Purdue give him a shot 

2 hours ago, Coach Nowlin said:

I never stated you said he’d take the Big 10 by storm. But there seems to be a ton of excitement about him coming to Purdue. Just seems his stats at Texas were solid…but not eye popping. My guess is that people must see his potential. I was just curious as to your perspective. 

34 minutes ago, Bash Riprock said:

I never stated you said he’d take the Big 10 by storm. But there seems to be a ton of excitement about him coming to Purdue. Just seems his stats at Texas were solid…but not eye popping. My guess is that people must see his potential. I was just curious as to your perspective. 

I think they see 4 star out of HS going to UT and moving on not because of lack of skills, but more so UT recruited 2 bona fide (more than likely) 1st round draft picks behind him.   I think that is where the excitement comes from. 

Also, a few days now post Bowl game, some of the stories coming out of West LA on Brohm Corp are now becoming more out there, things I had heard already but now being spoken on by local media.  Interesting to say the least.  Not going to bad mouth Jeff Brohm, but seems like many folks were ready for the new era to begin

• Like 1

This is just my opinion…but whether it was Brady/Alaimo for 2023 or now Card

2023 was always going to be difficult for Purdue.  Their non conference schedule doesn’t have any real tune up games.  VT Syracuse Fresno…..throw in Michigan Ohio State.

brohm leaving might have been good timing for brohm and Purdue….Walters and company have a lot of work ahead of them though.

right now I think Purdue is looking at 6-6/7-5

if they can get some OL from the portal and maybe a receiver they should be in the running to repeat recent success. This assumes though that Walters can do what he did at Illinois…which is taking 3 star guys and getting them to play in his scheme at a 4/5 star level 

50 minutes ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

This is just my opinion…but whether it was Brady/Alaimo for 2023 or now Card

2023 was always going to be difficult for Purdue.  Their non conference schedule doesn’t have any real tune up games.  VT Syracuse Fresno…..throw in Michigan Ohio State.

brohm leaving might have been good timing for brohm and Purdue….Walters and company have a lot of work ahead of them though.

right now I think Purdue is looking at 6-6/7-5

if they can get some OL from the portal and maybe a receiver they should be in the running to repeat recent success. This assumes though that Walters can do what he did at Illinois…which is taking 3 star guys and getting them to play in his scheme at a 4/5 star level 

If they go 6-6/7-5 against that schedule, Walters should negotiate a pay raise immediately.

13 hours ago, Coach Nowlin said:

Also, a few days now post Bowl game, some of the stories coming out of West LA on Brohm Corp are now becoming more out there, things I had heard already but now being spoken on by local media.  Interesting to say the least.  Not going to bad mouth Jeff Brohm, but seems like many folks were ready for the new era to begin

Are these published stories by local media? Curious to see as this is the first I'm hearing about it.

9 hours ago, Boilernation said:

Are these published stories by local media? Curious to see as this is the first I'm hearing about it.

Im a Brian Nuebert guy and Goldandblack.com.  they moved from rivals to on3 in November I think, he can sign up for only $1 for a year, get more true idiots at that price point vs the $100 they were on Rivals, but Nuebert has been on the Purdue beat for so long, he doesn't pull any punches.   he does a live thread chat and didn't pull some punches about their publications relationship with Brohm, Corp, basically Greg who was Jeff's attack dog, he also said Brian was 100% on the outside of Jeff's shadow and always did his own thing it seems.   

14 hours ago, Coach Nowlin said:

Im a Brian Nuebert guy and Goldandblack.com.  they moved from rivals to on3 in November I think, he can sign up for only $1 for a year, get more true idiots at that price point vs the $100 they were on Rivals, but Nuebert has been on the Purdue beat for so long, he doesn't pull any punches.   he does a live thread chat and didn't pull some punches about their publications relationship with Brohm, Corp, basically Greg who was Jeff's attack dog, he also said Brian was 100% on the outside of Jeff's shadow and always did his own thing it seems.   

Thanks. Nuebert was a student at Purdue at the same time as me and I remember him covering Purdue athletics for The Exponent. Agreed. He's fantastic, doesn't pull punched, and will never be caught playing the role of fanboy with his head in the sand. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Check out the ages of 36-year-old head coach Ryan Walters’ maiden staff:

OLB Joe Dineen 26

DB Grant O’Brien 32

CB Sam Carter 32

TE Seth Doege 34

OC Graham Harrell 37

DC Kevin Kane 38

OL Matt Mattox 40

WR Cory Patterson 42

RB Lamar Conard 45