Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Liptons coach

• 1 month later...

Not only is it the 2nd time this year, the guy couldn't even resist doing it the week of semi-state with the #1 team led by his D1 bound son. He needs to be done with coaching for now and get some help. Surely he wants to watch his son in college. Feel bad for the players and community. Hopefully the interim coach handles the transition smoothly and it doesn't affect the team's performance too much.

1 hour ago, Football Fanatic said:

Not only is it the 2nd time this year, the guy couldn't even resist doing it the week of semi-state with the #1 team led by his D1 bound son. He needs to be done with coaching for now and get some help. Surely he wants to watch his son in college. Feel bad for the players and community. Hopefully the interim coach handles the transition smoothly and it doesn't affect the team's performance too much.

Holy smokes. This guy is lucky he hasn't killed someone. 

It's such a tragic situation for the kids who have put in the hard work to get where they are...  not to mentions his son...who has to somehow be able to focus....no way he's not affected....because it's ALL anyone will talk about.  I feel for the family.   I sincerely hope this senior group can pull together enough to lead this team to the championship and bring it home.   But it's a lot to ask 16-18 year olds.   

• Like 2

On 1/15/2023 at 1:01 PM, Goose Liver said:

Happens to the best of people.

No it doesn't

26 minutes ago, Miner_Pride said:

It's such a tragic situation for the kids who have put in the hard work to get where they are...  not to mentions his son...who has to somehow be able to focus....no way he's not affected....because it's ALL anyone will talk about.  I feel for the family.   I sincerely hope this senior group can pull together enough to lead this team to the championship and bring it home.   But it's a lot to ask 16-18 year olds.   

It's not tragic.  This guy made the choice to get drunk and get behind the wheel.  It would have been tragic if his stupid actions killed someone.  

2 hours ago, Wildcat1992 said:

No it doesn't

It's not tragic.  This guy made the choice to get drunk and get behind the wheel.  It would have been tragic if his stupid actions killed someone.  

But why did he make that choice? We shall probably never know. I just wish Coach accepts help and can somehow keep his family intact. That is TRAGIC! BTW I don't live in a Glass House. Just a thought

15 hours ago, globemstr3 said:

But why did he make that choice? We shall probably never know. I just wish Coach accepts help and can somehow keep his family intact. That is TRAGIC! BTW I don't live in a Glass House. Just a thought

Could be he has a problem or he just celebrated too much.  Either way, he knew the repercussions of his actions and now he's paying the price.

I do hope that he does get the help he needs and that his family supports him.  You are right, losing his family would be tragic.

On 3/14/2023 at 3:03 PM, Wildcat1992 said:

No it doesn't

I understand what you are saying.... but it is tragic for these boys in the program.  Tragic for the family already being scrutinized.  They on the doorstep to reaching state finals and possibly bringing home Linton's 1st ever Basketball Title....best record in Linton history.  They have put so much work in... to be this close.  Pressure is already on with every big game, and now more pressure because of this.  I feel for his son. I feel for the other seniors and the team as  a whole.  it's tragic for sure to be a junior high kid and see everything written, or on TV and hear the comments people make.  

I ain't making excuses for Coach.  I like him as a person.  I supported his in the prior arrest and suspension.  I spoke with him personally.  But this can't be excused.  I was hoping maybe he'd get in a program, but it's plausable that he couldn't really commit to that until the season was over.  There is obviously a problem, beyond his control.  He'll be forced into it now I would imagine....and I hope it changes his life for the better. He is a good guy, and has done good things for many kids... but this example can't be accepted.  I would hope the Linton community and school officials would leave the door open for him to return by setting a path he must follow.  He would have to be willing to take that path, and be willing to be constantly under the eye of authorities.  They gave him the chance this last time and he blew it.  Now it must be dealt with more seriously.

As for these players---I can't possibly pull harder for them.  I know several of these key players a bit more because they all played football.  I know their work ethic and dedication, and just all around good kids.  It's a senor laden squad.  3 senior starters, another come in 6th.  A junior who started as a freshman, and another freshman in their starting 5.  They won 5 games (i think..maybe 6) with Coach Hawkins at the helm (Normally JV coach).  Including in those wins were victories over St.Joseph_Ogden Ill by 2, Evansville Christian by 10, &  Bloomfield (#1 in 1A) by 1, and a huge win at North Daviess by 2.   So they can win without Coach Hart...  it's just now the storyline may get bigger than the actual game.  These boys have to be feeling adding pressure..  But I know the community will rally around them.   

• Like 1

It's really a shame when someone's dirty laundry has to be aired on social media; however, driving while intoxicated is a serious problem. Hopefully it will be a lesson for the youngsters when they are old enough to make a choice. Hopefully coach can get the help he needs to defeat his demons. 

You got me there, but there was more to the post...  news accounts are based for the biggest part on someone's misfortune.  These are the topics that are talked about rather than the good things people do. People would rather talk about someone's troubles than little Timmy's win at the Spell Bowl... it's just human nature.