Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Dynasty Rankings

Each year I compile a “Dynasty Ranking” for the national sites that I post on.    The Dynasty Rankings are a compilation of my Top 100 polls since 2008.   Points are earned by finishing in the final poll each season.   A school is awarded 25 points for finishing in the Top 100 of a year-end poll.    In addition, each school in the poll also receives points based on their finish in the poll.    For instance, a school ranked at the top of the poll receives 125 points while the team that finishes ranked 100th receives 26 points.

There are currently 561 teams in the 2023 Dynasty Rankings.   Texas leads with 61 teams, followed by Florida with 54 teams, California with 48 teams, Georgia with 37 teams and Ohio with 28 teams.    Delaware, Maine, New Hampshire, North Dakota, South Dakota, and Rhode Island do not have any teams in the poll.

Concord (CA) De La Salle was the top ranked team at the end of the 2023 season.    De La Salle has led the poll since 2012.    Ramsay (NJ) Don Bosco Prep led in years 2010-2011, with Fort Lauderdale St. Thomas Aquinas leading after the initial poll in 2008, while Austin (TX) Lake Travis led in 2009.   A note of caution to De La Salle, at the end of 2019 they led the poll for the top spot by 211 points.   However, due to earning just 52 points in the last two years, their lead has slipped to just 23 points over Las Vegas (NV) Bishop Gorman.

For this site, I have decided to post the Top 25 (Dynasty Rankings) from the end of last season, a brief statistical summary of the state of Indiana and a list of the teams in the poll from Indiana.    If you would like to see a complete list, PM me and I will send you a copy.

INDIANA –

Schools that have been ranked in the poll since 2008 – 11

Highest ranked team since 2008 – Indianapolis Warren Central #37 (2018)

Teams in the Top 1003 (#53 Indianapolis Warren Central, #57 Greenwood Center Grove, #93 Indianapolis Ben Davis)

School trending up – Greenwood Center Grove.   

School trending down – Fishers    

Notes: Warren Central has led the state since 2013.  

TOP 25 AT THE END OF THE 2023 SEASON

Concord De LaSalle

CA

Las Vegas Bishop Gorman

NV

Fort Lauderdale St. Thomas Aquinas

FL

Corona Centennial

CA

Katy

TX

Miami Central

FL

Bellflower St. Johns Bosco

CA

Lakewood St. Edward

OH

Allen

TX

Santa Ana Mater Dei

CA

Austin Lake Travis

TX

Bradenton IMG Academy

FL

Southlake Carroll

TX

Hoover

AL

Philadelphia St. Joseph

PA

Mission Veijo

CA

Ramsey Don Bosco Prep

NJ

Louisville Trinity

KY

Logansville Grayson

GA

South Jordan Bingham

UT

River Ridge John Curtis

LA

Hyattsville DeMatha

MD

Oradell Bergen Catholic

NJ

Folsom

CA

Jenks

OK

INDIANA SCHOOLS STANDING AND POINTS AT THE END OF THE 2023 SEASON

Indianapolis Warren Central 

Greenwood Center Grove

Indianapolis Ben Davis

Carmel 

Indianapolis Cathedral

Indianapolis Lawrence Central

Fishers

Evansville Reitz

New Palestine

Indianapolis Pike

Mishawaka Penn

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, WCGrad92 said:

maybe its Reitz Memorial, I would think?????

As much as I'd like to say yes, we don't have a legitimate claim to that kind of lofty recognition any more than FJ Reitz does (or any other HS in this area IMO). A number of schools have had some darn good teams, some state titles, and even periods of sustained success, but nobody down in this neck of the woods can honestly lay claim to be a "dynasty". 

I have to admit I find this apparently above my lowly math skills as someone who’s basic background is a legal one and have somehow stumbled my way through 30 years of commercial real estate lease and investment analysis (and I will skirt around the whole Chatard/Reitz thing per above) but…………Pike?

Pike?

Am I on the hoops page?

Edited by Lysander
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Lysander said:

I have to admit I find this apparently above my lowly math skills as someone who’s basic background is a legal one and have somehow stumbled my way through 30 years of commercial real estate lease and investment analysis (and I will skirt around the whole Chatard/Reitz thing per above) but…………Pike?

Pike?

Am I on the hoops page?

In 2013, Pike finished the season ranked 97th in the country.

On 1/15/2023 at 12:21 AM, Lysander said:

Pike?

Am I on the hoops page?

Yeah, regardless if Pike won one State Championship and floundered into a Top 100 across the USA (97th just barely) The definition of a dynasty is not 1 State Championship over 14 years, I would better coin them as a (Cinderella or One Hit Wonder).

Here is a better depiction for Indiana Dynasty's (2003-present) via Calpreps.

image.thumb.png.ee0a78477f9324c79e0aeb1febf31b66.png

• Like 3

21 hours ago, FastpacedO said:

Yeah, regardless if Pike won one State Championship and floundered into a Top 100 across the USA (97th just barely) The definition of a dynasty is not 1 State Championship over 14 years, I would better coin them as a (Cinderella or One Hit Wonder).

Here is a better depiction for Indiana Dynasty's (2003-present) via Calpreps.

image.thumb.png.ee0a78477f9324c79e0aeb1febf31b66.png

I find that interesting that FWA Snider is the top, non Indy area school.

2 hours ago, psaboy said:

I find that interesting that FWA Snider is the top, non Indy area school.

Who were you thinking should be higher? If you go back to the 90's, Penn would elevate over Snider. Not sure anyone else can make a case. 

1 hour ago, BTF said:

Who were you thinking should be higher? If you go back to the 90's, Penn would elevate over Snider. Not sure anyone else can make a case.

I would expect Penn and Snider to be flipped. I do remember Snider being ranked #14 nationally, think that was back in the 80's?? or early 90's?? Luers could make a case, but being 2A may be the issue

Edited by psaboy

2 hours ago, psaboy said:

I would expect Penn and Snider to be flipped. I do remember Snider being ranked #14 nationally, think that was back in the 80's?? or early 90's?? Luers could make a case, but being 2A may be the issue

I believe teams are ranked on overall strength regardless of class. 

On 1/11/2023 at 5:04 PM, Yuccaguy said:

Bob.  On behalf of the GID....

I'd like to line up with you and get an "Alabama Drill" to STIFLE your reminders of Saint Edward's dominance....

Are you in?  

Thought you would want to know. Ohio State has offered 2 of St. Ed’s offensive lineman in the class of 2024. They’re twins! How cool is that?

Guess they’ll have a pretty good O-line coming back next year.

https://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-state-football-recruiting/2023/01/136883/the-hurry-up-ohio-state-offers-in-state-offensive-linemen-and-twin-brothers-deontae-and-devontae

As always, it’s a great day to be an Eagle!

Edited by Bobref
  • Like 1

On 1/22/2023 at 1:06 PM, psaboy said:

Snider just barely surpassed Penn (this is from 2003 to present). Snider got a rating of 42.9 and Pen 42 even.

image.thumb.png.d71b1c1c8d765ebb24a5f4ec3d2c36ad.png