Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Should 3rd-graders be mugging for cameras?

OMG......you boys with your panties in a bunch! 🙀 If you've ever attended a high school volleyball game you would see choreographed team celebrations after darn near every point 🤯 

I sense that some of you are in great need of some "quality time" with your significant other so you don't spend your brief time on this planet walking around with clenched jaw and anus 😉

I seriously worry about some of the hemorrhoids you boys are sporting 🤷‍♀️

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Lucy Draper said:

OMG......you boys with your panties in a bunch! 🙀 If you've ever attended a high school volleyball game you would see choreographed team celebrations after darn near every point 🤯 

I sense that some of you are in great need of some "quality time" with your significant other so you don't spend your brief time on this planet walking around with clenched jaw and anus 😉

Once again, apples and oranges.

2 hours ago, temptation said:

Poor analogy.  Even you have to see the difference between celebrating with the fans/celebrating with a "fist pump" vs flexing in your opponents' face and staring them down and holding your hand inches from the floor while running back on D.

There is celebrating and then there is rubbing your opponents' face in it.

You're trying too hard.

That we can both agree on. So are you against all celebrating? 

On 1/20/2023 at 1:33 PM, Titan32 said:

Because sports weren't fun when discipline was part of the curriculum. 

I ran middle and long distance in HS and college (which the 880 paid for)…….it was never fun…..NEVER.….EVER.

I’d much rather been talented at hoops which WAS fun.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 1/27/2023 at 8:55 AM, Lucy Draper said:

I love my panties and they never bunch……and the panty color selections are simply incredible.  

In purple….I…..am…..stunning.

As to hemorrhoids, I’ve seen Mammoth Cave stalactites that give me more wishful personal memories.

With regards to how players behave today….it’s on us.  

Yeah, they’re d’bags BECAUSE we’re d’bags.  

I chuckled about my kid trash talking and taking every “shot” he could get away with in HS and college…including 3 NCAA Sweet 16s and a couple of All Conference college selections.  It’s the font of fun stories today.

Yeah, I did call him out on ALL of it…but I also let it slide….and chuckled about it behind closed doors.

Funny thing is, today, as a business executive, he’d be an absolute hard@ss as to player discipline and sportsmanship.  

Maybe it will come back around….though I doubt it.  Every time I look at the Indiana HS Facebook page touting Jr. High travel teams (some dude from Westfield is the worst, btw) or some other rube touting every QB who plays in HS or Jr. High, I lose hope.  

I’m thinking the word “humility” has been removed from the lexicon.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Lysander said:

I ran middle and long distance in HS and college (which the 880 paid for)…….it was never fun…..NEVER.….EVER.

I’d much rather been talented at hoops which WAS fun.

I think maybe it's just track as I can say the exact same thing about my time in distance running.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, temptation said:

Must not have won much.

Winning is fun.  I don't care whether its tic tac toe, Candy Land or a 5k.

Wasn't a question of winning.  It was a question of doing it because I enjoyed it that made things fun ... regardless of how hard I worked or whether I won.  I ran track as a way of building stamina for football.  I hate running and hated every minute of track.  Have only played on one team with a losing season in my life ... it was a baseball team in 4th grade I believe.  Had more fun losing in baseball than winning in track.  I know some folks love running, even with no prizes, but I'd rather miss a bus than run for it.

• Like 3

Throwing up the three sign in your opponent's face is never acceptable (k-16th grade).  Now get off my lawn!

I could care less about girls sports and their chants....I have seen some of that bleed over into boys travel baseball and I told my kids if you do choreographed cheers in my dugout you can take your v@gina and go home.  Now get off my lawn!

• Haha 2

On 1/30/2023 at 9:25 PM, Titan32 said:

Throwing up the three sign in your opponent's face is never acceptable (k-16th grade).  Now get off my lawn!

I could care less about girls sports and their chants....I have seen some of that bleed over into boys travel baseball and I told my kids if you do choreographed cheers in my dugout you can take your v@gina and go home.  Now get off my lawn!

As a longtime SB coach, and I love the game and the kids who play it, I have long said the worst part of SB is the chants. 

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Impartial_Observer said:

As a longtime SB coach, and I love the game and the kids who play it, I have long said the worst part of SB is the chants. 

I could accept chants, or slogans, or whatever … if it were in lieu of the ridiculous “handshake line.”

On 1/27/2023 at 8:55 AM, Lucy Draper said:

Some of them need to bait the master more often. I swear to God they do!

• Haha 1