Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Conference Expansion Talk…

5 hours ago, Slobberknocker said:

Is it correct that of the original MIC teams that only Center Grove has open weeks(5,7) for the 2023 season? 

Looks like CG has weeks 5,7 open. Hearing they are struggling to fill that. Also, may have a potential week 4 open as some Ben Davis faithful seem to think they have another game they’d like to play in that week instead.

I also would love to know which MIC schools truly do not want CG and Carmel and which ones are open for them coming back. To me it still seems pretty silly for those schools to kick them out and then want to continue playing them. Kind of a weak outlook to me. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Indiana Fan said:

Looks like CG has weeks 5,7 open. Hearing they are struggling to fill that. Also, may have a potential week 4 open as some Ben Davis faithful seem to think they have another game they’d like to play in that week instead.

I’ve heard the same.

8 minutes ago, Indiana Fan said:

I also would love to know which MIC schools truly do not want CG and Carmel and which ones are open for them coming back. To me it still seems pretty silly for those schools to kick them out and then want to continue playing them. Kind of a weak outlook to me. 

I’ve said this all along.  I wonder if it’s as simple as looking at the teams’ football and basketball schedules.

Center Grove realizing it’s harder to fill that football schedule than they imagined.

I’m sure their fans are having a blast playing Jennings County in a big rivalry match in basketball on a Friday.

17 hours ago, Indiana Fan said:

This is about more than football and basketball. It’s no secret that MOST MIC schools do not compete well against CG and Carmel in the country club sports.

I firmly believe that Carmel would be welcomed back, regardless of the butt kicking they might take in certain sports.

1 hour ago, HoosierFB_JG said:

Center Grove realizing it’s harder to fill that football schedule than they imagined.

I’m sure their fans are having a blast playing Jennings County in a big rivalry match in basketball on a Friday.

This is about more than football and basketball. It’s no secret that MOST MIC schools do not compete well against CG and Carmel in the country club sports.

I firmly believe that Carmel would be welcomed back, regardless of the butt kicking they might take in certain sports.

Jennings County is having one hell of a winter in both boys and girls basketball and those games were nail biters.  I’m sure they don’t travel any worse than BD, Pike, LC, LN or Warren.  Weird attempted flex.

Simply put, if Carmel were welcomed back it’d legitimize the conference.  Right now most of the “MIC 6” are boasting conference championships in sports they wouldn’t have were Carmel/CG still members.

1 hour ago, HoosierFB_JG said:

In all reality, do the other sports even matter? Financially they need football and basketball. It’s the only sports that make money for the school. Other sports lose money.

A swap of Carmel/Center Grove for Avon/Franklin Central would make the MIC and HCC almost mirror images of each other by enrollment.  Each of those schools would probably be closer to the demographics of the conference they would move to.  Brownsburg could flip instead of Franklin Central.  Here’s an enrollment comparison using this year’s DOE data.

HCC   MIC  
Carmel 5192 Ben Davis 4699
Fishers 3674 Warren Central 3788
Hamilton Southeastern 3449 North Central (Indpls.) 3628
Noblesville 3209 Avon 3342
Brownsburg 3161 Franklin Central 3298
Center Grove 2851 Pike 3287
Westfield 2652 Lawrence North 2849
Zionsville 2247 Lawrence Central 2306
Edited by HoopsCoach

27 minutes ago, temptation said:

Jennings County is having one hell of a winter in both boys and girls basketball and those games were nail biters.  I’m sure they don’t travel any worse than BD, Pike, LC, LN or Warren.  Weird attempted flex.

Simply put, if Carmel were welcomed back it’d legitimize the conference.  Right now most of the “MIC 6” are boasting conference championships in sports they wouldn’t have were Carmel/CG still members.

That’s not a flex.  

I’m saying that most students have no clue who Jennings County is and will ultimately get bored playing them.  It might be great for 2023, but they won’t sustain success and the students (players and patrons) will lose interest.

26 minutes ago, Indiana Fan said:

In all reality, do the other sports even matter? Financially they need football and basketball. It’s the only sports that make money for the school. Other sports lose money.

I mean, no if you are a bigoted AD only interested in revenue.

I’d like to give administrators the benefit of the doubt when it comes to opportunities and chances to taste success for their student athletes.

11 minutes ago, HoopsCoach said:

A swap of Carmel/Center Grove for Avon/Franklin Central would make the MIC and HCC almost mirror images of each other by enrollment.  Each of those schools would probably be closer to the demographics of the conference they would move to.  Brownsburg could flip instead of Franklin Central.  Here’s an enrollment comparison using this year’s DOE data.

HCC   MIC  
Noblesville 3209 Avon 3342
Brownsburg 3161 Franklin Central 3298
Center Grove 2851 Pike 3287

I’ve been on the FC/Avon to the MIC train for 2-3 years now but for some reason Avon is anchoring itself to Brownsburg to its own detriment, in my opinion.

3 minutes ago, HoosierFB_JG said:

That’s not a flex.  

I’m saying that most students have no clue who Jennings County is and will ultimately get bored playing them.  It might be great for 2023, but they won’t sustain success and the students (players and patrons) will lose interest.

Eh, I’d like to give CG folks the benefit of the doubt.  They turn out in droves on Friday nights in football and their basketball teams are gaining ground on the state’s best with every passing minute.

Maybe they see a bit of themselves from 20-25 years ago in a school like Jennings County?

50 minutes ago, temptation said:

I’ve been on the FC/Avon to the MIC train for 2-3 years now but for some reason Avon is anchoring itself to Brownsburg to its own detriment, in my opinion.

Well, if they took Brownsburg with them instead of Franklin Central…

HCC   MIC  
Franklin Central 3298 Avon 3342
Noblesville 3209 Pike 3287
Center Grove 2851 Brownsburg 3161

36 minutes ago, HoopsCoach said:

Well, if they took Brownsburg with them instead of Franklin Central…

HCC   MIC  
Franklin Central 3298 Avon 3342
Noblesville 3209 Pike 3287
Center Grove 2851 Brownsburg 3161

Yeah, just don’t see it happening.  Feel like Brownsburg’s best athletic days are ahead of them…and the MIC’s are in the rear view mirror.

The HCC’s competitiveness across the board has aided in Brownsburg’s commitment to athletics.  They are well rounded and competitive on a statewide level in more sports than they’ve ever been.

They, on a slightly smaller level than CG (and much less so than Carmel) would dominate the MIC in more sports than not.

The MIC is beneath every HCC school with the exception of Avon and Franklin Central when the entirety of athletics is factored in.

Edited by temptation

On 1/25/2023 at 4:42 PM, scarab527 said:

It's almost like they should've never kicked out two members to begin with...

The MIC just pushed them out the door.

Don't count out a return of Carmel. The fact that Jim Inskeep is a class act is not lost on many in the MIC. I have nothing other than anecdotal evidence and informal conversation to base that on.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, BDGiant93 said:

The MIC just pushed them out the door.

Don't count out a return of Carmel. The fact that Jim Inskeep is a class act is not lost on many in the MIC. I have nothing other than anecdotal evidence and informal conversation to base that on.

…..CG admin lacks class? 

so administrators make decisions on admitting a school to a conference if they like one AD over another?

Thanks for elaborating 

• Disdain 1

7 hours ago, HoosierFB_JG said:

I don’t believe any of what you’re insinuating was mentioned. 

Not insinuating anything. Asking HIM to elaborate on his comments. I wasn’t clear as to what he meant. I’m sure Mr. Inskeep is a great guy. How does that factor into 6 high schools deciding the state largest high school be admitted into their conference? 

1 hour ago, Bash Riprock said:

Not insinuating anything. Asking HIM to elaborate on his comments. I wasn’t clear as to what he meant. I’m sure Mr. Inskeep is a great guy. How does that factor into 6 high schools deciding the state largest high school be admitted into their conference? 

Sorry.  My mistake.

I do know for a fact that the MIC schools do enjoy the relationship they have with Carmel, but understand that, beyond football and basketball, Carmel dominates the relationship.  Let’s also face the fact that Carmel has dominated these two sports recently as well.  The MIC could still wind up winning multiple state titles this school year without Carmel or CG in the conference.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, HoosierFB_JG said:

Sorry.  My mistake.

I do know for a fact that the MIC schools do enjoy the relationship they have with Carmel, but understand that, beyond football and basketball, Carmel dominates the relationship.  Let’s also face the fact that Carmel has dominated these two sports recently as well.  The MIC could still wind up winning multiple state titles this school year without Carmel or CG in the conference.

Carmel has dominated in football and basketball?  In what universe?

Edited by temptation

On 1/28/2023 at 3:51 PM, temptation said:

Feel like Brownsburg’s best athletic days are ahead of them…and the MIC’s are in the rear view mirror.

Ben Davis and Warren Central's enrollments will keep them relevant. I'm also presuming both schools are beneficiaries (to some extent) to some of inner city Indy's best athletes transferring outside the donut. My perspective from the outside looking in. 

I'll even make a bold prediction and say that Warren Central and Ben Davis will be two of the top three teams in Central Indiana in 2023. 

There should be an HCC/MIC super conference with a North/South or East/West split.  Everyone would be better off.  Why don't they see this.  Include CG and Carmel.  The Catholics/Parocials should make their own conference as well.  It's not that hard.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BTF said:

Ben Davis and Warren Central's enrollments will keep them relevant. I'm also presuming both schools are beneficiaries (to some extent) to some of inner city Indy's best athletes transferring outside the donut. My perspective from the outside looking in. 

I'll even make a bold prediction and say that Warren Central and Ben Davis will be two of the top three teams in Central Indiana in 2023. 

I have long agreed.  But I’m talking the whole package here.  All 20 sports.

1 hour ago, temptation said:

I have long agreed.  But I’m talking the whole package here.  All 20 sports.

Figured that's what you meant. Are we in agreement that BD and WC have potential for really good football seasons this year?