Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Conference Expansion Talk…

1 hour ago, BTF said:

Figured that's what you meant. Are we in agreement that BD and WC have potential for really good football seasons this year?

Yes, but that was also the general consensus last year and only one panned out.

I like BD’s team a lot entering next fall but are we really going to discount Center Grove AGAIN?

18 minutes ago, temptation said:

Yes, but that was also the general consensus last year and only one panned out.

I like BD’s team a lot entering next fall but are we really going to discount Center Grove AGAIN?

No, that's why I said two of three. 

On 1/31/2023 at 11:33 AM, BDGiant93 said:

I don't recall mentioning Center Grove. 

You didn't....but sometimes an intentional omission is in itself a statement.

You mentioned that Carmel may get MIC readmission consideration because the AD is such a good guy.  My question to you is admission to a conference for the state largest school (by far) a little bit deeper than if one major player is a nice guy?? Admittance is based on whether an AD is "liked" or not??  One school is admitted and one is not based upon AD popularity?  That sounds more like a country club without rules.

That is your comment that I am asking you to expound a little more.....

On 1/31/2023 at 1:50 PM, StatQueen said:

There should be an HCC/MIC super conference with a North/South or East/West split.  Everyone would be better off.  Why don't they see this.  Include CG and Carmel.  The Catholics/Parocials should make their own conference as well.  It's not that hard.

*Parochial*

Edited by gonzoron
  • Haha 1

On 1/31/2023 at 1:50 PM, StatQueen said:

There should be an HCC/MIC super conference with a North/South or East/West split.  Everyone would be better off.  Why don't they see this.  Include CG and Carmel.  The Catholics/Parocials should make their own conference as well.  It's not that hard.

I'd love that.

On 2/1/2023 at 2:24 PM, Bash Riprock said:

You didn't....but sometimes an intentional omission is in itself a statement.

You mentioned that Carmel may get MIC readmission consideration because the AD is such a good guy.  My question to you is admission to a conference for the state largest school (by far) a little bit deeper than if one major player is a nice guy?? Admittance is based on whether an AD is "liked" or not??  One school is admitted and one is not based upon AD popularity?  That sounds more like a country club without rules.

That is your comment that I am asking you to expound a little more.....

I said what I said. Jim Inskeep has kept a good relationship with the MIC. Can't speak for Center Grove.

4 hours ago, Gipper said:

I'll put it out there: Lafayette Jeff, Harrison, and McCutcheon.  It makes as much sense or more than the Hautians.  Less travel than in the NCC as the Star City is much closed to our state capitol than Muncie and Richmond.

Those schools tried the HCC and it didn’t work.  I don’t think they would make any more sense for the MIC.  Jeff and McCutcheon seem to fit pretty well in the NCC.  Harrison has been dominant, winning the all-sport championship every year since they joined the conference.  I think the only sport Harrison hasn’t won or been co-champion at least once since they joined is boys basketball, which shouldn’t come as a surprise considering the emphasis placed on boys basketball by all the other NCC schools.

If geography was not a consideration, a trade between the NCC and Conference Indiana would be interesting. Something like this:

Conference Indiana: Bloomington North, Bloomington South, Columbus North, Southport, Harrison, Lafayette Jeff, McCutcheon

North Central Conference: Logansport, Kokomo, Marion, Muncie Central, Anderson, Richmond, Terre Haute North, Terre Haute South

10 hours ago, HoopsCoach said:

Those schools tried the HCC and it didn’t work.  I don’t think they would make any more sense for the MIC.  Jeff and McCutcheon seem to fit pretty well in the NCC.  Harrison has been dominant, winning the all-sport championship every year since they joined the conference.  I think the only sport Harrison hasn’t won or been co-champion at least once since they joined is boys basketball, which shouldn’t come as a surprise considering the emphasis placed on boys basketball by all the other NCC schools.

If geography was not a consideration, a trade between the NCC and Conference Indiana would be interesting. Something like this:

Conference Indiana: Bloomington North, Bloomington South, Columbus North, Southport, Harrison, Lafayette Jeff, McCutcheon

North Central Conference: Logansport, Kokomo, Marion, Muncie Central, Anderson, Richmond, Terre Haute North, Terre Haute South

If I was an NCC A.D. I wouldn't want to trade travel to/from Harrison, Lafayette Jeff & McCutcheon for travel to/from TH North & South.  

Edited by Muda69

12 hours ago, HoopsCoach said:

I do like the looks of it!  I just can't help but wonder how jazzed the Bloomngtonians would be about coming north quite a bit...and vice versa.

54 minutes ago, Gipper said:

I do like the looks of it!  I just can't help but wonder how jazzed the Bloomngtonians would be about coming north quite a bit...and vice versa.

Maybe the Lafayette schools can get some "home" games scheduled in Mackey Arena.  The Bloomingtonians would love that.

Edited by Muda69

2 hours ago, Indiana Fan said:

Conference Indiana is stuck. Terre Hautes make it difficult and they really do not have a true place. Bloomingtons and Columbus North need to find a true home. 

Southport can’t be too happy that their conference foes consist of Bloomington North, Bloomington South, Columbus North, TH North and TH South.

Southport isn’t good enough for the MIC, but I just can’t see them fitting into the Mid-States. This might seem crazy, but Southport should replace Tech in the NCC.

2 hours ago, HoosierFB_JG said:

Southport can’t be too happy that their conference foes consist of Bloomington North, Bloomington South, Columbus North, TH North and TH South.

Southport isn’t good enough for the MIC, but I just can’t see them fitting into the Mid-States. This might seem crazy, but Southport should replace Tech in the NCC.

Closer than Richmond.

2 hours ago, HoosierFB_JG said:

What about Bloomington North and South, Columbus East and North, Southport, and One more add to the Mid-State to create a 14 team mega conference. Create big school and small school divisions. 

20 hours ago, HoopsCoach said:

9 hours ago, Muda69 said:

If I was an NCC A.D. I wouldn't want to trade travel to/from Harrison, Lafayette Jeff & McCutcheon for travel to/from TH North & South.  

8 hours ago, Gipper said:

I did say “If geography was not a consideration…”  My suggestion will never happen due in large part to geography.  The similar enrollments, demographics, and strength of competition would make a lot of sense in my opinion, but geography is just too prohibitive for that swap to actually work.

15 hours ago, HoopsCoach said:

I did say “If geography was not a consideration…”  My suggestion will never happen due in large part to geography.  The similar enrollments, demographics, and strength of competition would make a lot of sense in my opinion, but geography is just too prohibitive for that swap to actually work.

Easy there, Spartacus, we get it.  Just kidding!  Geography is a big part of it, even for a smaller state like Indiana.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/8/2023 at 4:57 PM, Gipper said:

I'll put it out there: Lafayette Jeff, Harrison, and McCutcheon.  It makes as much sense or more than the Hautians.  Less travel than in the NCC as the Star City is much closed to our state capitol than Muncie and Richmond.

The Sagamore doesn’t want Tri-West, Danville, and Lebanon anymore.  There would be a large gap in enrollment but all three are growing.  TW, Leb, Jeff, McCutcheon, Harrison, Danville.  Thoughts?

1 hour ago, superjay said:

The Sagamore doesn’t want Tri-West, Danville, and Lebanon anymore.  There would be a large gap in enrollment but all three are growing.  TW, Leb, Jeff, McCutcheon, Harrison, Danville.  Thoughts?

That would leave just Frankfort, Crawfordsville, North Montgomery, South Montgomery, and Western Boone in the Sagamore.  I thought the move was towards larger conferences, not smaller ones?  Not sure a 5-school conference in this part of the state is viable anymore.

If Tri-West, Lebanon, and Danville leave or are kicked out of the Sagamore look for the entire conference to dissolve shortly after.