Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

PLAC-MSC 2023

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/2/2023 at 12:33 AM, WWFan said:

According to Harrells looks like Salem/Springs Valley is gonna be a series. Added to week 5.

Also so far only week 6 opening I can see happening for WW is Washington. We played there couple years ago then they cancelled. Maybe they can return the trip. We need the home game that's for sure. 

So.. Salem's two Non conf are WW and SV? 

On 4/4/2023 at 8:15 AM, WWFan said:

4 more months. Hope everyone provides some summer info to help burn the time. Wondering if WW will try to add North Daviees. Both now have week 6 open with Linton adding someone else. Makes too much sense to me. Same sectional. Played in the past regularly. ND was scheduled to be on road that week and we desperately need a home game. 

I don't think Coach May will mind... 

Brownstown will bring back 7 starters on offense and 8 on offense, but basically all of our "rotators" return, as well. We bring back 75-80% of the guys we played last year, essentially.

Offensively we lose Carson Darlage (6'5 215lbs QB), who the last two seasons combined--340 carries 2200 yards 34 TDs on the ground. The plan is for him to be replaced by Micah Sheffer, who will be a SO. 

OL-- there will be some reshuffling in spots with the added depth from the JV guys moving up. Last season we replace 10 starters offensively, so there was a lot of newness with this group up front last year. We hope the experience and year in the weight room pay dividends. We expect to be better here and have more depth. 

Off-skill-- everyone is back. Engle, Hutcheson, Zike, Tiemeyer, Garrison, Killey, and Fritz will all share the rock. Another group that was new last year and took some lumps, and we hope to see some strides because of it this season. 

DL--- should be the strength of our team. Burcham-Jones+Branaman will be 3yr starters who have been excellent so far in their careers. Hutchinson started every game as a FR last season (6'5 280) and played well. We will add a player or two to these already-established 3 and I think we have a very solid top 7-8 guys here. 

LBers--- we replace MLB with Owen Wischmeier, whose brother Eli, was a North/South All Star. Both OLBers are back--- Hutcheson+Killey who both had big games against Triton Central in the sectional. 

DBs-- everyone is back and another position group we hope to have more depth at this season with some JV guys moving up/getting some guys back healthy.

Our kicker, Bryce Peak is back and will be a SR. 

Last season is the youngest team I have coached while an asst at Brownstown. (2013) and I'm pretty sure it's the youngest team Coach May has had here. Last season we played 5 different FR on one side of the ball (at times), along with playing 5 SOs, regularly.... couple that with a whole JR class (besides 2) that did not see the varsity field as SOs 2 years ago... it was interesting at times lol 

I would say this group has the potential to be good, but doing it and saying it are two different things. As always, super excited to get to work with the dudes later this month and we hope to hit the ground running with the experience we bring back. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, btownqbcoach1 said:

I don't think Coach May will mind... 

Brownstown will bring back 7 starters on offense and 8 on offense, but basically all of our "rotators" return, as well. We bring back 75-80% of the guys we played last year, essentially.

Offensively we lose Carson Darlage (6'5 215lbs QB), who the last two seasons combined--340 carries 2200 yards 34 TDs on the ground. The plan is for him to be replaced by Micah Sheffer, who will be a SO. 

OL-- there will be some reshuffling in spots with the added depth from the JV guys moving up. Last season we replace 10 starters offensively, so there was a lot of newness with this group up front last year. We hope the experience and year in the weight room pay dividends. We expect to be better here and have more depth. 

Off-skill-- everyone is back. Engle, Hutcheson, Zike, Tiemeyer, Garrison, Killey, and Fritz will all share the rock. Another group that was new last year and took some lumps, and we hope to see some strides because of it this season. 

DL--- should be the strength of our team. Burcham-Jones+Branaman will be 3yr starters who have been excellent so far in their careers. Hutchinson started every game as a FR last season (6'5 280) and played well. We will add a player or two to these already-established 3 and I think we have a very solid top 7-8 guys here. 

LBers--- we replace MLB with Owen Wischmeier, whose brother Eli, was a North/South All Star. Both OLBers are back--- Hutcheson+Killey who both had big games against Triton Central in the sectional. 

DBs-- everyone is back and another position group we hope to have more depth at this season with some JV guys moving up/getting some guys back healthy.

Our kicker, Bryce Peak is back and will be a SR. 

Last season is the youngest team I have coached while an asst at Brownstown. (2013) and I'm pretty sure it's the youngest team Coach May has had here. Last season we played 5 different FR on one side of the ball (at times), along with playing 5 SOs, regularly.... couple that with a whole JR class (besides 2) that did not see the varsity field as SOs 2 years ago... it was interesting at times lol 

I would say this group has the potential to be good, but doing it and saying it are two different things. As always, super excited to get to work with the dudes later this month and we hope to hit the ground running with the experience we bring back. 

I love these posts. It's nice to get to see names and expectations from a coaches point of view. Even during coach speak I enjoy seeing their POV and how they see kids shaping up. Makes me wish some of the WW coaches were back. Always want that insider info. Haha. But yes Salem 2 non conference are Valley and WW. Maybe they preparing to Juno for plac...🤣🤣🤣. J/K. Thanks again coach!

10 minutes ago, WWFan said:

I love these posts. It's nice to get to see names and expectations from a coaches point of view. Even during coach speak I enjoy seeing their POV and how they see kids shaping up. Makes me wish some of the WW coaches were back. Always want that insider info. Haha. But yes Salem 2 non conference are Valley and WW. Maybe they preparing to Juno for plac...🤣🤣🤣. J/K. Thanks again coach!

I enjoy talking ball. Thank you.  

Edited by btownqbcoach1

• 2 weeks later...

Clarksville has Hired Zach Hensel (listed as coach on harrels). The 31 yr old was Milan OC last 2 years. Good luck to him!! See if he can get it going. Coach Boser seemed to having them trend in right direction last few years. 

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, WWFan said:

Curious if anyone knows but someone told me they thought Henryville was getting football? Anyone know for sure and if so when they expect to hit varsity.

In 2015, they actually folded their youth football program. A lot of people were upset, especially those in the community that were pushing hard to add high school football. Since the district has now become independent from Silver Creek, the movement has been renewed. They are reinstating youth football again this fall. I do not know if it will yield a varsity program or not, but there is still support for it. Ten years ago they even had land donated for a field but the district wouldn't take it. Seems crazy. Since Hanover Central added a program, Henryville is the largest school in the state without a program. Hopefully they can get it done.

8 minutes ago, boilerfan87 said:

In 2015, they actually folded their youth football program. A lot of people were upset, especially those in the community that were pushing hard to add high school football. Since the district has now become independent from Silver Creek, the movement has been renewed. They are reinstating youth football again this fall. I do not know if it will yield a varsity program or not, but there is still support for it. Ten years ago they even had land donated for a field but the district wouldn't take it. Seems crazy. Since Hanover Central added a program, Henryville is the largest school in the state without a program. Hopefully they can get it done.

Thank you. My wife's friend was talking about taking her kid from Borden to Henryville or Silver Creek and when I said henryville didn't have football she said "they are getting it." So once I asked for specifics she didn't know. I tried googling it and all that came up was Facebook page about wanting it back. Hopefully they get something done. Would be a nice addition to area. 

On 6/1/2023 at 8:40 PM, boilerfan87 said:

There are a few that are bigger, but not many.  South Knox does not have a team, and they would be right on the bubble of 1A or 2A in football.  Biggest 1A school is Park Tudor at 378, South Knox has 379.  Henryville has 299 and they are one of the biggest schools in 1A for baseball.  

49 minutes ago, SoIndRef said:

There are a few that are bigger, but not many.  South Knox does not have a team, and they would be right on the bubble of 1A or 2A in football.  Biggest 1A school is Park Tudor at 378, South Knox has 379.  Henryville has 299 and they are one of the biggest schools in 1A for baseball.  

Austin is bigger too I believe. Either way if henryville has alot of support I hope they get it. 

1 hour ago, SoIndRef said:

Scottsburg really struggled early on. A good class came thru and Coach Mullins seems to be building on that excitement. I question the want at many of the schools being mentioned. Pekin had a superintendent from Brownstown that really pushed the issue and I have to wonder if not prematurely. Scott County, eastern Washington County, small Clark County schools seem to take their basketball pretty serious. I suspect it will be an uphill battle for a program to gain any traction. A lot of it is having administrators on board, I’m not sure that’s the case at many of these smaller schools. Football is expensive and labor intensive to get started. Ask Trinity Lutheran they’re doing it now for the third time. 

Edited by Impartial_Observer

1 hour ago, SoIndRef said:

I think I may have been thinking about old enrollments... either that or their combined enrollment because they are a 6-12 school. I didn't realize they were as low as 299, or even that Austin (394) was that much higher than them. That surprises me because of their proximity to the populated Jeff/Sellersburg area and the number of developments that are going in. That would make the largest school without football Iliana Christian (which I had never heard of) at 477. There is also Hauser (329), Hebron (355) and South Ripley (362). 

While I am all for anyone who wnats football, @Impartial_Observer is right that it is all about administrative support and basketball will often overshadow anything else at small schools like these. 

9 hours ago, PCFan1996 said:

Perry Central and Crawford County switched this year as well.  PC will host CC week 3 instead of starting with 3 road games.

I'll have to factor that in when changing the spread. 😂

• Like 1

On 6/17/2023 at 10:34 AM, WWFan said:

Not football related but congrats to Silver Creek on the state title in baseball. Mitchell got a semi state appearance. Good showings by the conferences. 

BC was in a semi state as well after beating Providence in 9 innings.  BC started 4 FR this season 

1 hour ago, btownqbcoach1 said:

BC was in a semi state as well after beating Providence in 9 innings.  BC started 4 FR this season 

Nice! I knew I'd miss somebody. Mitchell beat Perry to get to semi. Brownstown seemingly clicking in every sport. Hope it continues into football. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...