Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

SIAC 2023

11 hours ago, TigerFan20 said:

Their incoming forward is a 6’7 8th grader and a hell of a receiver. Reitz is going to have the some dudes over the next couple of seasons 

From my understanding, he is one of top basketball prospects in the country for his class. Would not be surprised if he doesn't play football in high school. But man would he be fun to watch if he does.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, TigerFan20 said:

Reitz OL keeps rolling in offers lately, saw Boeke/Summers received some Ivy League scholarships 

Interesting. I was under the impression that Ivy League schools offer financial aid only in cases of need. Neither athletic nor merit scholarships available. Has that changed recently?

10 hours ago, Bobref said:

Interesting. I was under the impression that Ivy League schools offer financial aid only in cases of need. Neither athletic nor merit scholarships available. Has that changed recently?

No, they still don't offer athletic scholarships.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Titan32 said:

Does this change the QB outlook for Memorial?

No.

14 hours ago, TigerFan20 said:

Reitz OL keeps rolling in offers lately, saw Boeke/Summers received some Ivy League scholarships 

That's good.  Reitz is Ivy League of the SIAC. 

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, TigerFan20 said:

Cool to see them getting some prestigious offers. Believe you gotta have close to or at least a 4.0 for them to even entertain bringing you in. Wonder if other D1s like the MAC or OVC will start offering eventually.

1 hour ago, Titan32 said:

Does this change the QB outlook for Memorial?

I would think there is at least a greater chance that he doesn't play, whether this year or next, now that he has his future in baseball set up. I doubt IU would ask him not to play football, but nowadays you never know. I see both sides of it. I am usually a big advocate for multi-sport athletes. However, when you have a D1 commit at a Power 5 school, I certainly see the risk of injury being scary and jeopardizing your future. Selfishly, as an SIAC football fan who wants to see the conference at its best, I hope Fisher continues to be under the helm for Memorial.

50 minutes ago, Football Fanatic said:

I would think there is at least a greater chance that he doesn't play, whether this year or next, now that he has his future in baseball set up. I doubt IU would ask him not to play football, but nowadays you never know. I see both sides of it. I am usually a big advocate for multi-sport athletes. However, when you have a D1 commit at a Power 5 school, I certainly see the risk of injury being scary and jeopardizing your future. Selfishly, as an SIAC football fan who wants to see the conference at its best, I hope Fisher continues to be under the helm for Memorial.

The big question to me is whether he will still play travel baseball all summer.

8 minutes ago, Evansville50 said:

Central is looking for another head coach. So many over the last few years! Crazy to think they were at Lucas Oil not that long ago. 

Feel bad for the kids and the program overall. It's hard to blame the ones that found better homes though. Just not in a good spot right now. They went from 12-1, to 2-8, to 0-10. Hopefully they can find a coach willing to stick it out and rebuild from the bottom up. May be a while before they are competitive again but it's going to take a lot of time and effort.

3 minutes ago, Football Fanatic said:

Feel bad for the kids and the program overall. It's hard to blame the ones that found better homes though. Just not in a good spot right now. They went from 12-1, to 2-8, to 0-10. Hopefully they can find a coach willing to stick it out and rebuild from the bottom up. May be a while before they are competitive again but it's going to take a lot of time and effort.

I agree. I still thinks it’s the third best EVSC job though. Reitz, North, Central, …….Harrison Bosse …Big enough enrollment to get it going If they have the right backing. 

1 hour ago, TigerFan20 said:

Mater Dei’s Mason Wunderlich commits to UT-Martin! Love it when SIAC kids play at the next level 

Hearing he is a PWO with opportunities to earn scholarship. 

Edited by Screagle

2 hours ago, tango said:

Do any Tiger fans think AZ would be a candidate to replace his brother-in-law (Chad Rupp) as OC at Memorial? 

Rupp isn’t coaching any longer.  He stepped aside prior to last year due to family and work commitments.  Travis Cross handled OC duties last year.

Also, I really don’t know what Hurley’s relationship with Zirkelbach is.

Edited by MHSTigerFan

4 hours ago, MHSTigerFan said:

Rupp isn’t coaching any longer.  He stepped aside prior to last year due to family and work commitments.  Travis Cross handled OC duties last year.

Also, I really don’t know what Hurley’s relationship with Zirkelbach is.

I knew Rupp decided he didn't have time right before last season and Cross stepped in, but I wasn't sure if it was a permanent thing or not. Cross is a great OL coach. I don't much about the relationship either.

3 hours ago, Wildcat1992 said:

UT-Martin has 7 QB's on their current roster.  No clue where he is going to rank in the pecking order

That will give him a couple years to develop and learn the offense. 

Any idea what type of offense they run? Do they prefer pocket type passer or a more mobile get out of the pocket QB? 

Let’s stir up some conversation..Preliminary March SIAC Power Rankings 

1. Reitz (They are going to be tough all season long)

2. Vincennes (Can the Alices live up the preseason hype?)

3. Jasper (Already know they will finish Top 4 somehow)

4. Castle (Definitely a wildcard, but they seem to compete)

5. North (Returns a majority of their starters, can the trenches hold up?)

6. Memorial (They got athletes, huge questions on the trenches, we will see what Hurley does)

6. Mater Dei (Defense is going to improve, however, entire offense is pretty much gone, but they do have Coach Goebel)

8. Bosse (Wagner/Tomilson duo is going fun, but let the foundation build up)

9. Harrison (They have their QB in Brown and has players to throw too, in the same boat with Bosse)

10. Central (No coach right and looking at 5 different coaches in 7 seasons, lots of uncertainty about Central)