Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

SIAC 2023

10 hours ago, MHSTigerFan said:

Whether there’s an explicit solicitation for a transfer or not, it ought to be against the rules for coaches at one member institution to initiate contact with a player from another one.

I have no issue with transfers, in general.  But tampering isn’t appropriate.

Rule 20 prohibits such contact.

13 hours ago, MHSTigerFan said:

Well, I only saw DMs from a certain coach.  So I can’t testify to any others - only hearsay that it happens.

Whether there’s an explicit solicitation for a transfer or not, it ought to be against the rules for coaches at one member institution to initiate contact with a player from another one.

I have no issue with transfers, in general.  But tampering isn’t appropriate.

Yup.

15 hours ago, Titan32 said:

Reminds me of the phone calls our baseball guys used to get ....cough cough

LOL. Are you dragging up the old Casey Whitten allegations from the late 80's? There are very few people on the GID who were even alive when that was the buzz.   

43 minutes ago, tango said:

LOL. Are you dragging up the old Casey Whitten allegations from the late 80's? There are very few people on the GID who were even alive when that was the buzz.   

If only it was just Casey!

Edited by Titan32
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Updating the SIAC D1 offer list after Hazelwood picked up an offer from Army. 

OL/DL Jayden Hazelwood (North) - 6'3" 315 lbs 

Eastern Kentucky University

Miami (OH) University

Army West Point

OL/DL Harlen Summers (Reitz) - 6'4" 275 lbs

Butler University

University of Pennsylvania

Columbia University

Lindenwood University

OL Quentin Boeke (Reitz) - 6'5" 265 lbs

Columbia University

Lindenwood University

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, TransplantedPanther said:

Harlem Summers received an offer from Murray State. 

Updating the SIAC D1 offer list after Summers got the offer from Murray State. Keeps growing, love to see it. Hopefully the other two start getting some more as well!

OL/DL Jayden Hazelwood (North) - 6'3" 315 lbs 

Eastern Kentucky University

Miami (OH) University

Army West Point

Butler University

Columbia University

Lindenwood University

Murray State University

OL Quentin Boeke (Reitz) - 6'5" 265 lbs

Columbia University

Lindenwood University

On 4/16/2023 at 12:48 AM, Football Fanatic said:

Butler University

Columbia University

Lindenwood University

Murray State University

Beginning to heat up now, taking a visit to Purdue this weekend 

*a bump post*

updated '23-'24 season standings prediction:

1. Reitz 9-0

2. North 8-1

3. Memorial 7-2

4. Castle 6-3

5. Jasper 5-4

6. Vincennes 5-4

7. Mater Dei 4-5

8. Bosse 2-7

9. Harrison 1-8

10. Central 0-9

Might be way off. Just throwing a dart and bridging the gap with some football talk until the season starts. I'm sure I will update this another time or two as we learn and hear more about the teams and players over the summer.

22 minutes ago, Football Fanatic said:

*a bump post*

1. Reitz 9-0

2. North 8-1

3. Memorial 7-2

4. Castle 6-3

5. Jasper 5-4

6. Vincennes 5-4

7. Mater Dei 4-5

8. Bosse 2-7

9. Harrison 1-8

10. Central 0-9

Might be way off. Just throwing a dart and bridging the gap with some football talk until the season starts. I'm sure I will update this another time or two as we learn and hear more about the teams and players over the summer.

I think we should be getting more news on the teams since unofficial practices begin in about 2 weeks. Seems like Reitz is near-consensus pick for the SIAC, after that, it is up in the air. Lots of speculation going to happen these next 3 months 

20 hours ago, TigerFan20 said:

Seems like Reitz is near-consensus pick for the SIAC, after that, it is up in the air. Lots of speculation going to happen these next 3 months 

Definitely. Talking around, it sounds like they are even expected to be much better than last season. Getting their QB back healthy + who they have returning and stepping in...it seems like they will be a juggernaut. And then, as we discussed before, predicting 2-7 is very difficult and I could see them finishing in any order. Maybe we will learn more over the summer as teams compete and players get settled into their roles. 

19 hours ago, Wildcat1992 said:

Wunderlich flips to Ball St from UT-Martin

Was surprised by this. I do think it is a better fit for him though. Wunderlich to Collins would be a cool duo to see.

41 minutes ago, Football Fanatic said:

Definitely. Talking around, it sounds like they are even expected to be much better than last season. Getting their QB back healthy + who they have returning and stepping in...it seems like they will be a juggernaut. And then, as we discussed before, predicting 2-7 is very difficult and I could see them finishing in any order. Maybe we will learn more over the summer as teams compete and players get settled into their roles. 

I think they are going to be using Vera at QB every once in a while too, since how effective he was in some games. Seems like that Reitz team has a lot interchangeable players. No idea who will contend with them for the SIAC crown. North? Jasper? Castle? Vincennes? Memorial? Mater Dei? Maybe we see someone else wins it outright? Lots of speculation to talk about this summer 

23 hours ago, Football Fanatic said:

*a bump post*

1. Reitz 9-0

2. North 8-1

3. Memorial 7-2

4. Castle 6-3

5. Jasper 5-4

6. Vincennes 5-4

7. Mater Dei 4-5

8. Bosse 2-7

9. Harrison 1-8

10. Central 0-9

Don't believe MD has lost to 5 SIAC teams in one season since 96... I know they lost some good players but i'd put them at 5-4 or 6-3. 

38 minutes ago, Cappy said:

Don't believe MD has lost to 5 SIAC teams in one season since 96... I know they lost some good players but i'd put them at 5-4 or 6-3. 

Yeah, I would agree. I don't see MD having a losing record in the SIAC.

7 minutes ago, tango said:

Believe me, it was difficult to predict that. I have MD beating Harrison, Bosse, Central, and VL (which was tough to give MD but that game will be at The Bowl the week after Reitz hosts VL there too). Hard for me to pick them over the other teams who all have more impact players returning. I could maybe see them beating Jasper too if their new QB struggles to run that offense. I do agree that MD could easily be 6-3 or 7-2 though, especially if their new QB works out well. But remember, MD could go 4-5 in this SIAC and still be good enough to make it to regionals or semis in 2A. Which would move them up to 3A. Will be interesting to see how it plays out.

20 minutes ago, tango said:

Similar to MD and who all they’re losing, I also wanted to put Memorial lower but couldn’t bring myself to do it. Just watch - Memorial and MD will find a way to finish top 3 - and nobody would be surprised.