3. Memorial 7-2

4. Castle 6-3

5. Jasper 5-4

6. Vincennes 5-4

7. Mater Dei 4-5

8. Bosse 2-7

9. Harrison 1-8

10. Central 0-9

Might be way off. Just throwing a dart and bridging the gap with some football talk until the season starts. I'm sure I will update this another time or two as we learn and hear more about the teams and players over the summer.

I don’t know. I do see it like this though:

Reitz 9-0

Castle 7-2

Lincoln 7-2

Memorial 6-3

Jasper 5-4

North 4-5

MD 3-6 (shocker)

Harrison 3-6

Bosse 1-8

Central 0-9

I know, shocker on MD, but watching their up and comers, they will have to rely heavily on sophomores this year. We all know that is a pretty bad recipe in this conference. But that would make them a quick riser next year. 

13 hours ago, TransplantedPanther said:

I don’t know. I do see it like this though:

Reitz 9-0

Castle 7-2

Lincoln 7-2

Memorial 6-3

Jasper 5-4

North 4-5

MD 3-6 (shocker)

Harrison 3-6

Bosse 1-8

Central 0-9

I know, shocker on MD, but watching their up and comers, they will have to rely heavily on sophomores this year. We all know that is a pretty bad recipe in this conference. But that would make them a quick riser next year. 

I could see it playing out that way too. I think the only safe bets right now are Reitz being at the top, and the bottom three teams. And personally, I think Castle and North being top 5 are safe bets too. Not saying it won't happen (we've seen North do less with more before), but if they go 4-5 with the group they have coming back, I think the coach will seriously be on the hot seat. 

12 minutes ago, Football Fanatic said:

I could see it playing out that way too. I think the only safe bets right now are Reitz being at the top, and the bottom three teams. And personally, I think Castle and North being top 5 are safe bets too. Not saying it won't happen (we've seen North do less with more before), but if they go 4-5 with the group they have coming back, I think the coach will seriously be on the hot seat. 

North’s away games are pretty tough

August 18- At Castle

August 25- At Memorial

September 8- At Reitz 

September 22- At Mater Dei

October 6- At Jasper 

Home: Harrison (Sept. 1), Bosse (Sept. 15), Vincennes (Sept. 29), Central (Oct. 13)

Harrison, Central and Bosse are all at the same level of talent. The bottom of the conference will be really bad this year. I have lost all faith in North being able to win a big game in the playoff's. They should be at the top of the conference but if they finish 5-5 again and lost again in the sectionals all they hype is for nothing. 

17 minutes ago, TigerFan20 said:

North’s away games are pretty tough

August 18- At Castle

August 25- At Memorial

September 8- At Reitz 

September 22- At Mater Dei

October 6- At Jasper 

Home: Harrison (Sept. 1), Bosse (Sept. 15), Vincennes (Sept. 29), Central (Oct. 13)

Good point. I know I said 8-1 for them but seeing that away schedule I have a hard time seeing them only lose one of those. I think they will be much improved, but that away schedule is a gauntlet. However, if they want to be respected as a serious contender in the SIAC and the 5A south, they need to make a jump and should get to the point where they win some of those tough away games. Will this be the year? Who can tell, but we will see. I mentioned the hot seat if they go 4-5 or 5-4 again with that group...maybe it's more likely than I think.

21 minutes ago, SouthernFan said:

Harrison, Central and Bosse are all at the same level of talent. The bottom of the conference will be really bad this year. I have lost all faith in North being able to win a big game in the playoff's. They should be at the top of the conference but if they finish 5-5 again and lost again in the sectionals all they hype is for nothing. 

I agree that the bottom three are in a tier of their own. However, I do think there is some separation. Bosse has a lot coming back. Even if they aren't that good, returning almost all of your starters is huge for high school football. Even if that means they only win one or two extra games. Harrison loses most of their size and best players, but does have a few starters returning, especially if they have that QB back. Don't see them upsetting a team like Jasper again this year. Central will probably be about just as bad as they were last season, even with the new coach and culture improvement. It'll be a multi-year process for them but do expect improvement.

20 hours ago, Football Fanatic said:

Similar to MD and who all they’re losing, I also wanted to put Memorial lower but couldn’t bring myself to do it. Just watch - Memorial and MD will find a way to finish top 3 - and nobody would be surprised. 

Memorial has some big holes to fill. I heard we had a OL/DL move in, so that should help. We will be good at QB and WR, but the success of the season will come down to the trenches. We also have a pretty good schedule at Enlow (Jasper, North, MD and Lincoln all at home). I'd like to see us keep our 6 game win streak against MD going, which I believe is MD's longest L streak to a city school since they dropped 6 in a row to Reitz from 2005 to 2010. 

28 minutes ago, tango said:

Memorial has some big holes to fill. I heard we had a OL/DL move in, so that should help. We will be good at QB and WR, but the success of the season will come down to the trenches. We also have a pretty good schedule at Enlow (Jasper, North, MD and Lincoln all at home). I'd like to see us keep our 6 game win streak against MD going, which I believe is MD's longest L streak to a city school since they dropped 6 in a row to Reitz from 2005 to 2010. 

Going to be a lot of 2 way players on the OL/DL this season. I’ve seen some of the trench players have been working hard in the weight room recently. But it terms of other positions we will be very fine at that. Feeling Fisher might transition into a dual threat QB, depending on how the O-Line shapes up, since Vaughn and Mattingly are the returning starters.

I hope this doesn't sound harsh...but there isn't much historical evidence to believe in Vincennes or North for 2023...other than "dude" counting.  I wish I had a burrito for every time the top programs in the SIAC or PAC beat the team that has a higher "dude" count than they have.  I am really pulling for North....I hope they prove me wrong.

1. I have to see it from North before I believe it.

2. I saw Lincoln play 3 times last year. Lack of discipline will really hurt them. Until they get that fixed, they will struggle even though they have really good talent.

3. The conference is too good for anyone to run the table again.

Reitz 8-1

Memorial 7-2

Castle 7-2

Jasper 6-3

MD 6-3

North 4-5

Lincoln 3-6

Harrison 2-7

Bosse 1-8

Central 0-9

• Like 2

Since we a little over a week before unofficial practices here is some discussion:

Top 3 teams in the SIAC?

Can Reitz run the table again and go 9-0 again in SIAC play?

If Reitz does go 9-0, will they be the first to get rid of the 9-0 Curse the last 2 seasons? 

Will there be a surprise team in the SIAC to win it outright? Since expansion, there has not been a repeat champion.

After achieving their first winning season in quite some time, will the Huskies finally see some success this upcoming? Dark horse contender?

How does this years Mater Dei’s offense look after Wunderlich, going to be tough after losing 9 offensive starters.

How will Memorial look this season? They got the athletes, but questions on who will fill up the trenches

One of the more interesting teams, but will Vincennes be a contender or a pretender this season? Very tough games in the beginning of the year with Mater Dei and Reitz in Week 2 and 3.

Jasper somehow will be in the Top 4 standings this season. How many wins does the Wildcats win and can they finally get a taste of a sectional crown.

Castle takes some hits in the trenches, and losing arguably the best defender in the SIAC. Who will step up for the mighty Knights this season?

Will Bosse/Harrison win a couple of more games this season? Bosse returns a very good offense duo and plenty of starters. And Harrison returns very good weapons, but does take a hit in the trenches.

How will Central’s new HC handle the reigns this year? Very tough job right now on First Ave.

Updating the SIAC D1 offer list after Quentin Boeke added an offer from SIU. 

OL/DL Jayden Hazelwood (North) - 6'3" 315 lbs 

Eastern Kentucky University

Miami (OH) University

Army West Point

OL/DL Harlen Summers (Reitz) - 6'4" 275 lbs

Butler University

University of Pennsylvania

Columbia University

Lindenwood University

Murray State University

OL Quentin Boeke (Reitz) - 6'5" 265 lbs

Columbia University

Lindenwood University

Southern Illinois University

• Like 1

On 5/19/2023 at 10:12 PM, TigerFan20 said:

Since we a little over a week before unofficial practices here is some discussion:.

I too am excited for the season to start and love the football talk - even if prematurely. Figured I'd put together some responses to your questions and statements.

"Top 3 teams in the SIAC?" Reitz, North, Castle/Memorial (too close to call right now)

"Can Reitz run the table again and go 9-0 again in SIAC play?" Yes. They may get upset and lose 1 game (maybe @ Jasper or @ Castle?) but definitely good enough to run the table. Maybe even more convincingly that last season.

"If Reitz does go 9-0, will they be the first to get rid of the 9-0 Curse the last 2 seasons?" I think so. Jasper will be a little improved, but Boonville and Memorial both won't be quite as good as last season. Definitely expect Reitz to be in regionals where the formidable, defending champ East Central probably awaits.

"Will there be a surprise team in the SIAC to win it outright? Since expansion, there has not been a repeat champion." I think the time for a repeat champion has come.

"After achieving their first winning season in quite some time, will the Huskies finally see some success this upcoming? Dark horse contender?" I think so. I would be shocked if North does not have an improved record. Feel like at worst they go 6-3, but could see them going 7-2 or 8-1. They have a few skills guys to replace but there's no excuse to not improve with the size and experience on their lines.

"How does this years Mater Dei’s offense look after Wunderlich, going to be tough after losing 9 offensive starters." MD is a huge mystery or question mark headed into the season. Hard to replace a QB like Wunderlich. Going from him to an undersized underclassman (well, that's the rumor anyway) at QB is a huge change. Expect them to change the offense a bit - more run heavy, more QB designed runs, more jet sweeps, more predetermined reads/passes, etc. - to utilize the QB skill set and help him get comfortable. But, it is MD - they have a great coaching staff and they do have some solid returning starters. Feel like they will be middle of the pack and still make a playoff run - move to 3A definitely a possibility.

"How will Memorial look this season? They got the athletes, but questions on who will fill up the trenches" Memorial definitely has some solid players returning - Fisher, Rode, Ellspermann, Baker, Nichols, McGuire, Johnson, Broshears, Mattingly, Vaughn, Waller - is a solid group of 11 to return. However, how well will the rest of the spots fill out? I think they will struggle a bit at times but overall be a very competitive team. I could see them going 6-3 or 7-2 and be a top 3-4 team. I do think their sectional run ends and they move back to 3A. 

"One of the more interesting teams, but will Vincennes be a contender or a pretender this season? Very tough games in the beginning of the year with Mater Dei and Reitz in Week 2 and 3." I think a lot of people are engrossed by Vincennes after they were a surprise last season - almost beat Reitz, beat Mater Dei, almost beat North, had a shootout with Gibson Southern - and they return their conference POTY at QB and a handful of other starters. However, I think a bit part of their success last season was because they were a surprise and they rode that momentum and motivation. Teams did not expect them to be much improved or the QB to be that much of a weapon. It seems like the expectation is for them to make another jump but I feel like they do about the same or maybe even worse now that teams may be more prepared. However, the SIAC is obviously much better if Vincennes is competitive, so I hope to see them do well.

"Jasper somehow will be in the Top 4 standings this season. How many wins does the Wildcats win and can they finally get a taste of a sectional crown." I'm not as high on Jasper as other people, but I do think they will be improved. They return a handful of players but also lose some difference makers like Young, Bair, and Perkins. If the next QB can step in and run the offense well, they will be in good shape though. If they can somehow beat Memorial and Reitz early in the season, look out.

"Castle takes some hits in the trenches, and losing arguably the best defender in the SIAC. Who will step up for the mighty Knights this season?" I think the big question mark for Castle is what do they do at QB and what do they do to replace their top defensive players. They return a top 5 skill guy in the conference in Harris, but how will they utilize him. I think the Knights definitely have the potential to be a top 3-4 team.

"Will Bosse/Harrison win a couple of more games this season? Bosse returns a very good offense duo and plenty of starters. And Harrison returns very good weapons, but does take a hit in the trenches." Bosse returns almost their whole team, including some very talented skill guys. I think the big question for them is - how much better and stronger will their lines be? With their skill guys and how much they rely on them, they cannot afford to get manhandled in the trenches. They will really struggle against teams with good lines (Reitz, North, Memorial, etc.) but could see them surprising some teams with their skill and competitiveness. Will that amount to many more wins, if at all? Probably not. Same with Harrison, although they don't return near as much. I think they will really struggle this year. 

"How will Central’s new HC handle the reigns this year? Very tough job right now on First Ave" I think he will handle the reigns well, but it will be another very tough year for the Bears. But that might be okay. It could be a rare situation in which an 0-9 or 1-8 season is a positive. Regardless of wins or losses, their time for change is now, with a motivated coach that is willing to stick around. If their numbers can increase and their lower levels can be more successful, their future will be in good shape. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, TigerFan20 said:

Checked their website and nothing 

The next Jasper roster available online will be the first I have seen. 

You need to have national security level clearance to get stats on the Wildcats too.

3 hours ago, oldtimeqb said:

The next Jasper roster available online will be the first I have seen. 

You need to have national security level clearance to get stats on the Wildcats too.

Had to send a request to the CIA for their stats last season

On 5/20/2023 at 1:39 PM, Football Fanatic said:

Updating the SIAC D1 offer list after Quentin Boeke added an offer from SIU. 

Miami (OH) University

Army West Point

OL/DL Harlen Summers (Reitz) - 6'4" 275 lbs

Butler University

Columbia University

Lindenwood University

Murray State University

Columbia University

Lindenwood University

Boeke has received offers from both Illinois State and Indiana State. 

1 hour ago, TransplantedPanther said:

Boeke has received offers from both Illinois State and Indiana State. 

Heating up! Updating the SIAC D1 offer list after Quentin Boeke added offers from two ISUs in the same day.

Miami (OH) University

Army West Point

OL/DL Harlen Summers (Reitz) - 6'4" 285 lbs

Butler University

Columbia University

Lindenwood University

Murray State University

Columbia University

Lindenwood University

Indiana State University

Illinois State University

Updating the SIAC D1 offer list after Harlen Summers added an offer from Illinois State and Antonio Harris joined the group with a D1 offer from Indiana State!

Miami (OH) University

Army West Point

OL/DL Harlen Summers (Reitz) - 6'4" 285 lbs

Butler University

Columbia University

Lindenwood University

Murray State University

Columbia University

Lindenwood University

Indiana State University

WR/RB Antonio Harris (Castle) - 6'1” 185 lbs

Indiana State University

14 hours ago, TigerFan20 said:

Any 7v7s coming for any of the schools? Saw Reitz completed one over the weekend 

I'm not sure we do much 7 on 7 anymore. I know we had NewPal, Boonville and maybe Castle at a 4 team 11 on 11 thing one evening last summer. I think one issue is the number of kids who also have other sports going on. It's a fine balance between allowing multi-sport athletes to be multi-sport athletes and also having some time to still be kids.  

11 hours ago, tango said:

I'm not sure we do much 7 on 7 anymore. I know we had NewPal, Boonville and maybe Castle at a 4 team 11 on 11 thing one evening last summer. I think one issue is the number of kids who also have other sports going on. It's a fine balance between allowing multi-sport athletes to be multi-sport athletes and also having some time to still be kids.  

I know we did a 7v7 last year in mid-June, but I haven’t seen anything planned for this month. I’m sure we will attend/host an 11 v 11 again