Jump to content
  • Current Donation Goals

    • Raised $2,046 of $3,600 target

Recommended Posts

26 minutes ago, combthehair said:

Thank you. I had heard they were good but damn!!! 

Nobody in 4A is going to beat EC.

Put it this way:  Cincy Moeller beat Dwenger something like 57-0.  6A Center Grove needed OT to beat Moeller by 1.

EC beat Moeller 38-28.

EC was phenomenal last year.  And they returned a lot of kids.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, MHSTigerFan said:

Nobody in 4A is going to beat EC.

Put it this way:  Cincy Moeller beat Dwenger something like 57-0.  6A Center Grove needed OT to beat Moeller by 1.

EC beat Moeller 38-28.

EC was phenomenal last year.  And they returned a lot of kids.

As I remember, nobody was beating Cathedral in 2007 and 2009 as well. Let’s wait until the games are actually played, shall we?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, TransplantedPanther said:

As I remember, nobody was beating Cathedral in 2007 and 2009 as well. Let’s wait until the games are actually played, shall we?

No disrespect to your team because they are clearly the top (or one of the top) team in the SIAC, but you guys have yet to score more than 24 points against anyone other than the bottom feeders of the SIAC. VL, Jasper, and North do not have nearly the same dudes that EC has on their defense/team.

Let's see how you stack up over your next two before you bring out the cliché's. 

Edited by FootballFan2000
Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, FootballFan2000 said:

No disrespect to your team because they are clearly the top (or one of the top) team in the SIAC, but you guys have yet to score more than 24 points against anyone other than the bottom feeders of the SIAC. VL, Jasper, and North do not have nearly the same dudes that EC has on their defense/team.

Let's see how you stack up over your next two before you bring out the cliché's. 

Anybody can have a bad game and lose. Heck, look no further than undefeated Reitz getting upset by Boonville last year. I think Memorial will have a tough time against Reitz, in conference and tournament. Losing starting QB and RB is tough to overcome. Maybe Jasper can challenge then in Sectional? EC is another animal though. Huge roster, lots of size and speed, likely Mr Football, defending state winner. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, TransplantedPanther said:

As I remember, nobody was beating Cathedral in 2007 and 2009 as well. Let’s wait until the games are actually played, shall we?

Exactly. Obviously, they need to worry about winning their sectional first. But let's say best case scenario...Reitz is healthy by then, the defense is still lights out, and the offense is firing on all cylinders. Then by luck of the draw they get EC at The Bowl with 10,000 in the stands. EC would still be the favorite but definitely not counting out Reitz in that case.

They have been winning comfortably and their offense still has yet to play consistently how they're capable. I believe they got the WR Summers and a couple of their linemen back healthy, which obviously could be a difference maker.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Football Fanatic said:

Exactly. Obviously, they need to worry about winning their sectional first. But let's say best case scenario...Reitz is healthy by then, the defense is still lights out, and the offense is firing on all cylinders. Then by luck of the draw they get EC at The Bowl with 10,000 in the stands. EC would still be the favorite but definitely not counting out Reitz in that case.

They have been winning comfortably and their offense still has yet to play consistently how they're capable. I believe they got the WR Summers and a couple of their linemen back healthy, which obviously could be a difference maker.

I wouldn't say reitz/memorial winner would have no chance but do feel like they need home field and some breaks...both these teams defenses are stout against the run and throw the ball pretty well but even in Evansville would say EC -14

31 minutes ago, pga said:

I wouldn't say reitz/memorial winner would have no chance but do feel like they need home field and some breaks...both these teams defenses are stout against the run and throw the ball pretty well but even in Evansville would say EC -14

Also reitz doesnt have a mcintosh at qb

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, pga said:

I wouldn't say reitz/memorial winner would have no chance but do feel like they need home field and some breaks...both these teams defenses are stout against the run and throw the ball pretty well but even in Evansville would say EC -14

Also reitz doesnt have a mcintosh at qb

Memorial had a much better OL/DL last year and could not do much of anything on O or stop EC on D. EC was up 28-0 at the half. We blocked a FG and returned it for a TD in the 4th Q to give Enlow some life, then had 2 more late scores to make it a respectable 35-21, but we were never really in the game. I suspect with the injuries we've had, it is likely we come up short in the sectional and find ourselves back in 3A next year, which is fine with me.

From what I've seen, Reitz would have to play almost flawlessly to have any chance, unless EC just laid an egg. You ordinarily don't see defending state champs lay an egg. Reitz hasn't played an opponent like EC in a long time. And, I suspect Reitz won't be seriously challenged until Regional, so the challenge for them will be taking on a team like EC (who will punch you in the face) and playing #discplined ball for 4 Qs. It would be worth a drive to see that game though - at the Bowl, not through KY and OH to St. Leon...  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, tango said:

Memorial had a much better OL/DL last year and could not do much of anything on O or stop EC on D. EC was up 28-0 at the half. We blocked a FG and returned it for a TD in the 4th Q to give Enlow some life, then had 2 more late scores to make it a respectable 35-21, but we were never really in the game. I suspect with the injuries we've had, it is likely we come up short in the sectional and find ourselves back in 3A next year, which is fine with me.

From what I've seen, Reitz would have to play almost flawlessly to have any chance, unless EC just laid an egg. You ordinarily don't see defending state champs lay an egg. Reitz hasn't played an opponent like EC in a long time. And, I suspect Reitz won't be seriously challenged until Regional, so the challenge for them will be taking on a team like EC (who will punch you in the face) and playing #discplined ball for 4 Qs. It would be worth a drive to see that game though - at the Bowl, not through KY and OH to St. Leon...  

I bet its perfectly fine with a more than a few that wear blue and white.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I just realized Memorial’s senior class has played their entire career in 4A due to things that happened when they were in 6th and 7th grade. 

Lucky for them the IHSAA thinks winning sectional is enough success and they don’t need to go any deeper in the playoffs. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, oldtimeqb said:

I just realized Memorial’s senior class has played their entire career in 4A due to things that happened when they were in 6th and 7th grade. 

Lucky for them the IHSAA thinks winning sectional is enough success and they don’t need to go any deeper in the playoffs. 

The IHSAA is right....except for the 2 year cycle debacle.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

THROUGH WEEK 5

Team PPG 

  1. Castle 37.0 PPG

  2. Reitz 37.0 PPG

  3. Bosse 34.0 PPG

  4. VL 33.2 PPG

  5. Jasper 29.6 PPG

  6. Memorial 28.2 PPG

  7. North 25.6 PPG

  8. Mater Dei 17.8 PPG

  9. Central 6.2 PPG 

  10. Harrison 3.8 PPG 

Defensive Team PPG 

  1. Memorial 3.8 PPG

  2. Reitz 5.6 PPG  

  3. North 16.6 PPG

  4. VL 20.0 PPG

  5. Castle 20.6 PPG

  6. Jasper 21.8 PPG  

  7. Mater Dei 26.6 PPG

  8. Bosse 41.8 PPG 

  9. Harrison 42.8 PPG

  10. Central 52.8 PPG 

Team Offensive YPG 

  1. Bosse 466.2 YPG

  2. Reitz 380.6 YPG 

  3. Castle 353.6 YPG

  4. VL 348.0 YPG

  5. Memorial 319.8 YPG

  6. North 300.25 YPG*(No Week 5 stats)

  7. Jasper 279.4 YPG

  8. Mater Dei 265.6 YPG 

  9. Harrison 179.2 YPG

  10. Central 136.2 YPG 

Team Offensive Passing YPG 

  1. Reitz 222.4 YPG

  2. Bosse 216.6 YPG

  3. Memorial 213.2 YPG 

  4. Castle 152.8 YPG 

  5. Mater Dei 118.0 YPG

  6. VL 112.4 YPG

  7. North 105.25 YPG* (No Week 5 Stats)

  8. Central 102.2 YPG

  9. Harrison 93.2 YPG

  10. Jasper 21.75 YPG (Did not pass in Week 2) 

Team Offensive Rushing YPG

  1. Bosse 249.4 YPG

  2. Jasper 262.0 YPG 

  3. VL 235.6 YPG

  4. Castle 200.8 YPG

  5. North 195.0 YPG* (No Week 5 Stats)

  6. Reitz 158.0 YPG

  7. Mater Dei 147.6 YPG

  8. Memorial 106.2 YPG

  9. Harrison 86.0 YPG

  10. Central 34.0 YPG 

Defensive Passing (allowed) 

  1. Memorial 65.6 (328 yards) (32/78, 0.41) (Avg: 40.8% CR)

  2. Reitz 66.0 YPG (330 yards) (26/87, 0.299) (Avg: 26.4% CR)

  3. Bosse 94.0 YPG (376 yards) (29/53, 0.547)(Avg: 49.0% CR)*

  4. Mater Dei 145.2 YPG (726 yards) (39/66, 0.591) (Avg: 66.0% CR)

  5. Castle 145.8 YPG (729 yards) (65/100, 0.650) (Avg: 67.2% CR)

  6. Jasper 155.0 YPG (775 yards) (61/114, 0.535) (Avg: 53.0% CR)

  7. Harrison 163.25 YPG (653 yards) (45/74, 0.608) (Avg: 63.0% CR)***

  8. North 167.2 YPG (836 yards) (68/125, 0.552) (Avg: 54.0% CR)

  9. VL 179.8 YPG (899 yards) (84/139, 0.604) (Avg: 61.5% CR)

  10. Central 203.8 YPG (1019 yards) (57/80, 0.7125) (Avg: 72.0% CR)

Defensive Rushing (Allowed) 

  1. North 79.2 YPG (396 yards) (132C, 3.2 YPC) 

  2. Memorial 85.0 YPG (425 yards) (122C, 3.27 YPC)

  3. Reitz 97.2 YPG (486 yards) (158C, 2.76 YPC) 

  4. Jasper 129.8 YPG (649 yards) (138C, 4.76 YPC) 

  5. Mater Dei 154.6 YPG (773 yards) (142C, 5.61 YPC)

  6. VL 169.2 YPG (846 Yards) (164C, 5.23 YPC)

  7. Central 219.0 YPG (1095 yards) (150C, 7.83 YPC)

  8. Harrison 226.6 YPG (1133 yards) (145C, 8.14 YPC)  

  9. Castle 254.4 YPG (1272 yards) (191C, 7.00 YPC) 

  10. Bosse 294.0 YPG (1176 yards) (123C, 9.03 YPC)*

Defensive Total YPG (Allowed) 

  1. Memorial 150.6 YPG

  2. Reitz 163.2 YPG 

  3. North 246.2 YPG

  4. Jasper 284.8 YPG

  5. Mater Dei 299.8 YPG

  6. VL 349.0 YPG

  7. Harrison 357.2 YPG

  8. Bosse 388.0 YPG* 

  9. Castle 400.2 YPG 

  10. Central 422.8 YPG

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, tango said:

Memorial had a much better OL/DL last year and could not do much of anything on O or stop EC on D. EC was up 28-0 at the half. We blocked a FG and returned it for a TD in the 4th Q to give Enlow some life, then had 2 more late scores to make it a respectable 35-21, but we were never really in the game. I suspect with the injuries we've had, it is likely we come up short in the sectional and find ourselves back in 3A next year, which is fine with me.

From what I've seen, Reitz would have to play almost flawlessly to have any chance, unless EC just laid an egg. You ordinarily don't see defending state champs lay an egg. Reitz hasn't played an opponent like EC in a long time. And, I suspect Reitz won't be seriously challenged until Regional, so the challenge for them will be taking on a team like EC (who will punch you in the face) and playing #discplined ball for 4 Qs. It would be worth a drive to see that game though - at the Bowl, not through KY and OH to St. Leon...  

yeah hard to argue with any of this but one thing that reitz can do is hit big plays in the passing game but the defense would have to be outstanding...reitz is better defensively than last year imo opinion but the offense needs to figure some things out to pull something like this off

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Titan32 said:

I bet its perfectly fine with a more than a few that wear blue and white.

I would bet the vast majority of our fans don't even understand the whole SF thing. My desire to go back to 3A is really more a function of wanting to see different teams in the Sectional instead of the same teams we play in August and September. The closed SIAC gets redundant. Plus, it's fun to play teams like Chatard every once in a while. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, pga said:

yeah hard to argue with any of this but one thing that reitz can do is hit big plays in the passing game but the defense would have to be outstanding...reitz is better defensively than last year imo opinion but the offense needs to figure some things out to pull something like this off

We hit big passings plays in the SIAC last year too. Different animal facing a DL like what EC has... and when one gets dinged, he's replaced with the same sized guy. Their depth is incredible.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, tango said:

We hit big passings plays in the SIAC last year too. Different animal facing a DL like what EC has... and when one gets dinged, he's replaced with the same sized guy. Their depth is incredible.

Pretty sure they have a linemen factory behind the school 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, tango said:

I would bet the vast majority of our fans don't even understand the whole SF thing. My desire to go back to 3A is really more a function of wanting to see different teams in the Sectional instead of the same teams we play in August and September. The closed SIAC gets redundant. Plus, it's fun to play teams like Chatard every once in a while. 

I completely agree with you here. I really wish they would find a way to break up the sectional so we could have a chance to see new teams, as 5 from the conference insures you are most likely to see two by the time sectional finals roll around. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, TransplantedPanther said:

I completely agree with you here. I really wish they would find a way to break up the sectional so we could have a chance to see new teams, as 5 from the conference insures you are most likely to see two by the time sectional finals roll around. 

I'd like to see the SIAC split into divisions (however they want to do it) to allow for non-conference games to be scheduled. That breaks up some of the redundancy some teams get, especially those in 4A.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, FootballFan2000 said:

I'd like to see the SIAC split into divisions (however they want to do it) to allow for non-conference games to be scheduled. That breaks up some of the redundancy some teams get, especially those in 4A.

It would be so easy:

EVSCs:

Harrison, Bosse, Reitz, Central & North

Nots:

Mater Dei, VL, Memorial, Castle & Jasper

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/19/2023 at 5:35 AM, TransplantedPanther said:

As I remember, nobody was beating Cathedral in 2007 and 2009 as well. Let’s wait until the games are actually played, shall we?

Yes, there’s a reason they actually play the games.

I should amend that to say that I would be very surprised if anybody in 4A beat them this year.  They were really, really good last year.  And they returned most of their key guys.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, tango said:

I would bet the vast majority of our fans don't even understand the whole SF thing. My desire to go back to 3A is really more a function of wanting to see different teams in the Sectional instead of the same teams we play in August and September. The closed SIAC gets redundant. Plus, it's fun to play teams like Chatard every once in a while. 

I hate the closed SIAC. I wish we were tiered like the PAC. Would love to get the Southridge and HH rivalry games back. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

SIAC higher ups not smart enough to figure out 2 divisions.  
I can’t think of a team in the SW Indiana area over the last 10 or so years in any class good enough to compete with this 2023 EC team.  Obviously have to play the game but it’s a mismatch no matter who they play from sections 24.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, tango said:

It would be so easy:

EVSCs:

Harrison, Bosse, Reitz, Central & North

Nots:

Mater Dei, VL, Memorial, Castle & Jasper

 

Bosse, Mater Dei, Memorial, VL, 

Harrison, Reitz, Central, North, Jasper

 

Team with over 1000 students on one side. Smaller schools in another. Too much work for AD to schedule outside of conference? Is why we are locked in current model. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Evansville50 said:

Bosse, Mater Dei, Memorial, VL, 

Harrison, Reitz, Central, North, Jasper

 

Team with over 1000 students on one side. Smaller schools in another. Too much work for AD to schedule outside of conference? Is why we are locked in current model. 

Add Gipson Southern ..perfect 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...