Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

WOAH?!?!

3 hours ago, Muda69 said:

And this is an upward football career move?  Position coach at Miami of Ohio?

If true, this is Coach Simmons' alma mater. He played there under Terry Hoeppner. 

I am so thrilled for coach. He's truly a great man who has such a big heart. He cares about his players very much, and they absolutely love him. I know this is being really taken very hard by the players in the BD program, but I think they understand that this was an opportunity that Coach Simmons couldn't pass up. Now, we'll see who's up next at BD. Cupboard is loaded for a deep run into the state tournament. I would assume this will attract some big name applicants as well as those who served as assistants back to Dick Dullaghan's era.

1 hour ago, BDGiant93 said:

If true, this is Coach Simmons' alma mater. He played there under Terry Hoeppner. 

I am so thrilled for coach. He's truly a great man who has such a big heart. He cares about his players very much, and they absolutely love him. I know this is being really taken very hard by the players in the BD program, but I think they understand that this was an opportunity that Coach Simmons couldn't pass up. Now, we'll see who's up next at BD. Cupboard is loaded for a deep run into the state tournament. I would assume this will attract some big name applicants as well as those who served as assistants back to Dick Dullaghan's era.

You’re not wrong. Between basketball and football at BD, fans on the west side have much to be excited about.

7 minutes ago, BearsGold55 said:

I am shocked by all this rumor mill information.  Clearly, it has not been released by Coach Simmons or the School that he may or may not be coaching at.  I am shocked and amazed that even an admin would allow such talk. 😆

If this is a secret it’s been horribly mishandled. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Muda69 said:

And this is an upward football career move?  Position coach at Miami of Ohio?

Likely the same salary he is making now between his building/teaching duties and head coach.....without the headaches tied to being a head coach? It absolutely is an upward move. Things can change quickly too. The RB coach from Miami of Ohio from a couple seasons ago is in the same spot at Notre Dame. 

5 hours ago, BearsGold55 said:

I am shocked by all this rumor mill information.  Clearly, it has not been released by Coach Simmons or the School that he may or may not be coaching at.  I am shocked and amazed that even an admin would allow such talk. 😆

Someone posted a link to the story 5 hours before you posted this.....just sayin 🙂

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, The TW said:

How myopic would you have to be to think that an Indians HS job is preferable to a D-1 assistant position?

Calm down TW.  We are talking about a middling MAC program here,  not an Alabama, USC, or Notre Dame.  

And I always thought the Ben Davis job was one of the creme dela creme jobs in Indiana high school football?

But I guess Mr. Simmons no longer has to concern himself with mundane things like maintaining a teachers' license or educating non-athletes.

Edited by Muda69
  • Haha 1