Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Carmel Drops CG!

40 minutes ago, StatQueen said:

Hot off the presses! Carmel has dropped CG in EVERY sport!  Starting this Spring.  Apparently not happy about a scuffle after the boys basketball loss this year.  UnReal!  IHSAA should step in.

Why?  Shouldn't a school's A.D. be free to schedule or drop whomever they want, exception being some possible conference agreements?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

Why?  Shouldn't a school's A.D. be free to schedule or drop whomever they want, exception being some possible conference agreements?

I Agree, but not if they are breaking contracts. Right?

Copper Kettle Stays on Southside Forever!

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, StatQueen said:

I Agree, but not if they are breaking contracts. Right?

Copper Kettle Stays on Southside Forever!

Meh.  I'm sure the Carmel high school athletic department has the cash to cover any fines or judgments that would come from such contract breaking.  

12 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

Meh.  I'm sure the Carmel high school athletic department has the cash to cover any fines or judgments that would come from such contract breaking.  

So its ok to use tax funds to pay to break said contracts? 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, StatQueen said:

Hot off the presses! Carmel has dropped CG in EVERY sport!  Starting this Spring.  Apparently not happy about a scuffle after the boys basketball loss this year.  UnReal!  IHSAA should step in.

Is this being reported?

25 minutes ago, Cappy said:

So its ok to use tax funds to pay to break said contracts? 

No. I thought government high school athletic departments were funded by gate receipts, sponsorship deals (aka. ads in venues), and donations (aka "booster clubs").  Is that no longer the case?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, temptation said:

So is Carmel now attempting to distance itself from CG, prompting a move back to the MIC?

(Worth thinking about...)

Also, are they (and others) attempting to paint a picture that CG has a culture problem or are these isolated incidents that are coincidental?

Based on my dealings with CG, I have no issue with ever having to travel out there any longer. My kid is graduated now, but I still enjoy going to the games when possibly.

2 hours ago, temptation said:

So is Carmel now attempting to distance itself from CG, prompting a move back to the MIC?

(Worth thinking about...)

Also, are they (and others) attempting to paint a picture that CG has a culture problem or are these isolated incidents that are coincidental?

Carmel doesn’t want to travel to the south side. This was the first best excuse to drop CG. Unfortunate since this is one of the top match ups in almost every sport. 

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, HomeCookin said:

Carmel doesn’t want to travel to the south side. This was the first best excuse to drop CG. Unfortunate since this is one of the top match ups in almost every sport. 

Traveling to Homestead and Trinity (KY) in football alone this year.  Traveled to Detroit last year, lol.

Gimme a break.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, temptation said:

Traveling to Homestead and Trinity (KY) in football alone this year.  Traveled to Detroit last year, lol.

Gimme a break.

Do they play Trinity or Homestead in any other sports? They play CG in everything.

You’re probably right though. The MIC probably told Carmel they have to pick a fight with CG and they’ll let them back in the conference??

20 minutes ago, HomeCookin said:

Do they play Trinity or Homestead in any other sports? They play CG in everything.

You’re probably right though. The MIC probably told Carmel they have to pick a fight with CG and they’ll let them back in the conference??

No but they travel a hell of a lot farther than Greenwood in other sports.

• Like 1

An old professor used the saying often, don't kill a fly with a cannon. 

Deal with whatever incident that brought this on and move on. Keep the games scheduled. Canceling EVERY contest is too much. If every school canceled games for issues they have had to deal with froma school, there would be a lot of open dates for a lot of programs. One school near CG comes to mind, rhymes with Bart n Bill 😄 
I hope there is a better resolution to this than the current one. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Irishman said:

An old professor used the saying often, don't kill a fly with a cannon. 

Deal with whatever incident that brought this on and move on. Keep the games scheduled. Canceling EVERY contest is too much. If every school canceled games for issues they have had to deal with froma school, there would be a lot of open dates for a lot of programs. One school near CG comes to mind, rhymes with Bart n Bill 😄 
I hope there is a better resolution to this than the current one. 

There’s more to the story…gotta be.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, temptation said:

There’s more to the story…gotta be.

Regardless of the story, don’t you think this is all way over done? I mean at some point think about how ridiculous this all is. Over high school sports. Kids make mistakes, adults make mistakes. Does that mean every personal associated with that school or community is that particular way? This is idiotic.

I used to love the MIC and travel to many games each season. I am saddened by the events from the past couple years to the dismantling of it. I cannot believe the biggest and best football schools in Indy are choosing to stray away from one particular school. This is a disaster for indianapolis football and it is dangerous for the IHSAA. I really hope things can get solved in the near future. Very sad days for Indy metro football right now.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Indiana Fan said:

Regardless of the story, don’t you think this is all way over done? I mean at some point think about how ridiculous this all is. Over high school sports. Kids make mistakes, adults make mistakes. Does that mean every personal associated with that school or community is that particular way? This is idiotic.

I used to love the MIC and travel to many games each season. I am saddened by the events from the past couple years to the dismantling of it. I cannot believe the biggest and best football schools in Indy are choosing to stray away from one particular school. This is a disaster for indianapolis football and it is dangerous for the IHSAA. I really hope things can get solved in the near future. Very sad days for Indy metro football right now.

Could not agree more.

• Like 1