Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Carmel Drops CG!

15 hours ago, Bash Riprock said:

Didn't remember your name and does it matter?  You can read and figure it out.  Regardless, it didn't matter to me.  BTW, I understood what you stated and implied the first time.  

So you have insight as to how all the MIC school administrations feel about Carmel AD?  Good for you...guess you are "in the know"

Just informal conversations with a handful of folks.

18 hours ago, Muda69 said:

Everybody should want to attend Carmel High School, right?: https://www.indystar.com/story/news/local/hamilton-county/carmel/2023/02/13/carmel-high-school-students-tiktok-videos-natatorium-stadium-auditorium-studios-auto-shop/69899563007/

BTW, the middle school at my little 'ole podunk rural school corporation had a working planetarium when I attended it.  Seemed pretty cool at the time.  I hear it's closed now, the room repurposed for something else.

It was a computer lab and more recently a Study Hall room.

19 hours ago, PHJIrish said:

As for the Carmel coach, he should have been disciplined for his actions either by Carmel or the IHSAA.  This situation happened in early January and no discipline has been assessed against him, and that's a shame.  Over on the basketball forum, Carmel folks are making outrageous excuses for his behavior.  I've seen three videos and none of them excuse him for his actions.

100% agree PHJ.  The video can't be debated.  He sends his players around the students as he should, but instead of following them, turned to his left and pushed his way through the kids, making contact with a number of them.  He totally instigated the incident.  And Carmel admin uses this event to push for separation from CG, claiming CG admin didn't punish a kid enough who received a 3 day suspension for pushing the coach back AFTER the coach made contact with him first?  It makes zero sense.  There has to be more at play here.

Why hasn't the IHSAA stepped in if Carmel admin is unable to hold their coaches to a standard?  I have my thoughts, as I guess so do many others.  

Carmel looks very bad in this case....and it would seem they are willing to do anything to separate themselves from CG and win their way back into the MIC.

I just hope the CG admin starts making demands of Carmel or escalates this to the IHSAA forcing their hand.  Totally unacceptable.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Bash Riprock said:

100% agree PHJ.  The video can't be debated.  He sends his players around the students as he should, but instead of following them, turned to his left and pushed his way through the kids, making contact with a number of them.  He totally instigated the incident.  And Carmel admin uses this event to push for separation from CG, claiming CG admin didn't punish a kid enough who received a 3 day suspension for pushing the coach back AFTER the coach made contact with him first?  It makes zero sense.  There has to be more at play here.

Why hasn't the IHSAA stepped in if Carmel admin is unable to hold their coaches to a standard?  I have my thoughts, as I guess so do many others.  

Carmel looks very bad in this case....and it would seem they are willing to do anything to separate themselves from CG and win their way back into the MIC.

I just hope the CG admin starts making demands of Carmel or escalates this to the IHSAA forcing their hand.  Totally unacceptable.

Is the video public? 

So, Carmel conspires with the rest of the MIC schools to oust its chief rival from the Conference, being willing to take it on the chin as an independent for a couple of seasons. Then isolate CG and be granted readmission to a new MIC, one in which CG’s ascendancy is not so much of a problem. It’s obvious, no?😉

13 minutes ago, Bobref said:

So, Carmel conspires with the rest of the MIC schools to oust its chief rival from the Conference, being willing to take it on the chin as an independent for a couple of seasons. Then isolate CG and be granted readmission to a new MIC, one in which CG’s ascendancy is not so much of a problem. It’s obvious, no?😉

Not quite.

First time I've seen the video.  I don't know Coach Osborn, have never meet him (I know coaches at both schools in other sports, all good people)  But let me be devil's advocate....I'm gonna try and be the one person to give him some benefit of the doubt from watching the video...

1. Game ends, some CG kids rush the floor.  In my opinion this isn't a really egregious "court storming" as the group more or less just runs out to celebrate with the CG players.  Quite a bit of space between benches and this crowd.  Not near as many people as I assumed based on the way I'd heard it described.
  2. Carmel players start to head over to shake hands with a few CG players on other side of scorer's table.  But most CG players are in the celebration near center court.  Carmel coach points for team to go back other way and around to leave.
  3. So now Carmel Coach is directing his team to go back around the crowd on their way out.  They have to cross the scorer's table agin to do this and go out other end.  During this time Coach has his back toward the CG celebration and there is space between him and Carmel players who are doing as they are told and heading out.  
  4. At about this same time, it appears the CG players are being directed to go "shake hands" with the Carmel team and a line of CG players now starts to move between the exiting Carmel players and the Carmel coach.  Players all look to be exhibiting good sportsmanship here.  Looks like some CG coaches/officials are also trying to stay between this handshake line and the crowd...good for them.
  5. Carmel Coach is now kind of on his own, on the CG side of the handshake line, and starts to head towards the end of it to meet up with his team...

Now from that point on, I can't tell from that grainy video what happens. 

But as a coach who has been around a lot of handshake lines...I don't see him "purposefully" storming through the crowd...at least initially.  I think he didn't realize CG players were gonna walk through when/where they did for a handshake and he tried to cut around it as best he could.

Did he do something inappropriate at the end?  I sure can't tell from the video, so I won't say he did or he didn't.  But I think my interpretation is at least a little different than some others....

Flame away if you want....just my 2 cents 

Edited by US31
  • Like 2

39 minutes ago, Bobref said:

Then isolate CG and be granted readmission to a new MIC, one in which CG’s ascendancy is not so much of a problem. It’s obvious, no?😉

All a moot point once the CG program crashes and burns soon after Mr. Moore's retirement from coaching.

35 minutes ago, Bobref said:

I see it more as musical chairs.  Carmel and CG were tight knit pals leaving the MIC together for a brighter tomorrow in the HCC.  HCC said "no", I believe more because of Carmel.  MIC is scorned and kicks both out.

Carmel doesn't see HCC on the horizon and realizes MIC may be only conference in town to take them.  So, distance yourself from your main competitor, ensuring you get one of those spots.  Distancing yourself pleases the majority of the MIC, so that's what they do.  With hat in hand, they are allowed back in the MIC.  Without CG in the MIC, they mop up.  Lot more trophies in the case back at the mansion.

It has to be much more than a single bball game in which their own coach screwed up royally with his behavior.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Bash Riprock said:

I see it more as musical chairs.  Carmel and CG were tight knit pals leaving the MIC together for a brighter tomorrow in the HCC.  HCC said "no", I believe more because of Carmel.  MIC is scorned and kicks both out.

Carmel doesn't see HCC on the horizon and realizes MIC may be only conference in town to take them.  So, distance yourself from your main competitor, ensuring you get one of those spots.  Distancing yourself pleases the majority of the MIC, so that's what they do.  With hat in hand, they are allowed back in the MIC.  Without CG in the MIC, they mop up.  Lot more trophies in the case back at the mansion.

It has to be much more than a single bball game in which their own coach screwed up royally with his behavior.

Spot on.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bash Riprock said:

yea...because he built a program that is not sustainable??  C'mon.

You do realize CG does pretty well at a number of sports, right?

I don't know. Is it sustainable without such a key individual in place?

Call me when CG swimming beats Carmel.

Edited by Muda69

31 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

Wait, you are asking whether or not 18 other sports (most if not all of which Center Grove is ranked/near ranked in) will survive once the football/boys track coach calls it quits?

Edited by temptation
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

Center Grove football wins on every level from 2nd grade all star teams through JV. Eric Moore has built a machine here and deserves all the credit for the success CG has had! Now  his former players are taking the lead in the youth program and in the middle schools. Unless CG hires someone from outside the program that tries to start over CG football will be competing for state titles for years to come. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

So you cherry pick one sport and make your case.  Brilliant.  BTW, a CG diver just won her 2nd straight state championship.  Also, given their natatorium, they may not beat Carmel much in the future in swimming, but I bet they hold their own.

You tell me...does Carmel, Warren, Cathedral, Ben Davis, etc still have top notch programs after they had excellent head coaches leave or retire?  Coach Moore is a legend...no doubt.  But he will remain close to the program after he retires, will have big time hand in the replacement, will ensure his pieces still function and one of the best feeder systems in the state will keep chugging along.

image.png.9a712688698c960b51d53173bf6a382b.png

Edited by Bash Riprock
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Bash Riprock said:

So you cherry pick one sport and make your case.  Brilliant.  BTW, a CG diver just won her 2nd straight state championship.  Also, given their natatorium, they may not beat Carmel much in the future in swimming, but I bet they hold their own.

You tell me...does Carmel, Warren, Cathedral, Ben Davis, etc still have top notch programs after they had excellent head coaches leave or retire?  Coach Moore is a legend...no doubt.  But he will remain close to the program after he retires, will have big time hand in the replacement, will ensure his pieces still function and one of the best feeder systems in the state will keep chugging along.

I wonder where Carmel swimming would place in the Big Ten.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, temptation said:

Wait, you are asking whether or not 18 other sports (most if not all of which Center Grove is ranked/near ranked in) will survive once the football/boys track coach calls it quits?

No.  I'm speculating that Center Grove football is due for a fall when Mr. Moore leaves the school or retires.

5 hours ago, Bash Riprock said:

That place looks expensive. Too bad the teams that swim there can't win any state titles...................

2 hours ago, Muda69 said:

That place looks expensive. Too bad the teams that swim there can't win any state titles...................

That is exactly what was said about football when they joined the MIC back in the 90's. How did that turn out?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, temptation said:

That’s not what you said.

Yes, I did:

17 hours ago, Muda69 said:

All a moot point once the CG program crashes and burns soon after Mr. Moore's retirement from coaching.

8 hours ago, IUJ said:

That is exactly what was said about football when they joined the MIC back in the 90's. How did that turn out?

Which football team that CG would compete against has won 37 consecutive state titles?

Please try to keep up.