Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Carmel Drops CG!

13 hours ago, IUJ said:

That is exactly what was said about football when they joined the MIC back in the 90's. How did that turn out?

Great comment...it was a true paradigm change.  When CG joined the MIC at the time Coach Moore started, most people thought CG was crazy and could never compete at that level.  In 2000, they made it to the state finals, and by 2008, won their first title.  But a vision of achieving something never close to be realized in their past, along with hall of fame coach building the program and changing the culture took the Trojans to a completely different level.  

Can that recipe not be replicated for other sports? Even the Cubs finally won a world series!!

4 hours ago, Muda69 said:

Which football team that CG would compete against has won 37 consecutive state titles?

Please try to keep up.

What football team ever has?  Is program success only defined by 37 consecutive titles?  Bottom line, CG football is considered as one of the elite programs in this state.  They were nowhere close when they first started the journey with a new vision.

Edited by Bash Riprock

On 2/9/2023 at 2:40 PM, Muda69 said:

Meh.  I'm sure the Carmel high school athletic department has the cash to cover any fines or judgments that would come from such contract breaking.  

Probably do, but school board members don’t like answering questions about wasteful spending! Don’t be surprised if Carmel and CG play out their contract.

• Haha 1

On 2/14/2023 at 2:15 PM, US31 said:

Flame away if you want....just my 2 cents 

Eh, I don't know, man. I didn't give it a Warren Commission type of analysis, but it looks to me like there was plenty of room for coach to lead his team off the court and stay out of the students. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tango said:

Eh, I don't know, man. I didn't give it a Warren Commission type of analysis, but it looks to me like there was plenty of room for coach to lead his team off the court and stay out of the students. 

Not really trying to argue with anyone…I hadn’t seen it, but based on the descriptions in this thread I was expecting the Carmel Coach to go NDO_Champ busting through the crowd.  I didn’t see that…

So decided to give a more favorable opinion of what might have been going on.  I didn’t mean to go full Zapruder though🤣

And again…I couldn’t tell wait happened once he headed through the crowd.  I’d defer to anyone who had a better view.

On 2/14/2023 at 4:01 PM, Bash Riprock said:

You tell me...does Carmel, Warren, Cathedral, Ben Davis, etc still have top notch programs after they had excellent head coaches leave or retire?  

image.png.9a712688698c960b51d53173bf6a382b.png

In all fairness, Carmel, Ben Davis, and Warren Central were and still are blessed with a plethora of talent for most coaches to fail. So I don't think that is a good comparison. Eric Moore would have 15+ state championships in a 20 year span at those schools. That being said, I think Moore is building something sustainable at Center Grove. They will always be successful on the gridiron, not necessarily Eric Moore successful though. It will take a coach who has both passion and time. Many coaches have families and other obligations, so time could be an issue. Either way, he'll hand the baton off to someone who'll run the program the right way and maintain a decent level of success. Similar to Geesman/Yoeman and Isaacs/Tippmann. 

• Like 1

On 2/25/2023 at 8:47 PM, BTF said:

Is there a link providing any information on this? You're the only one who seems to have any information. What's the entire lineup for the day?

I can absolutely guarantee you that this SAC Day at LOS.

HSE v. Carroll 

Carmel v. Homestead 

Brownsburg v. Dwenger

Warren Central v. Snider

1st game @ 11AM..Saturday 

Edited by Yuccaguy
More information
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Yuccaguy said:

I can absolutely guarantee you that this SAC Day at LOS.

HSE v. Carroll 

Carmel v. Homestead 

Brownsburg v. Dwenger

Warren Central v. Snider

1st game @ 11AM..Saturday 

Poor Luers.  Will they ever see that field again?

• Sit and spin 1

On 3/3/2023 at 8:23 AM, Bash Riprock said:

Any updates from this Weds tweet from the Indy Star's Kyle Neddenriep??  Didn't realize IHSAA has inserted themselves into this discussion/issue.

image.png.878cc270a23db6457e961079ea6a6534.png

Surely they are discussing reparations for the harm Carmel has suffered.

Once back on the schedule, all Carmel athletic teams will receive a head start/bonus points in all contests, including a TD lead in the Copper Kettle gridiron battle and :60 seconds worth of free throws prior to the tip of both boys and girls basketball contests.

This will be the beginning of the healing process and and is the least the CG athletic department could do.

Edited by temptation
  • Haha 2

45 minutes ago, temptation said:

Surely they are discussing reparations for the harm Carmel has suffered.

Pain and suffering? Mental anguish? Reparations won't make them any better. Get better or get used to it. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

According to John Harrell’s website, CG and Carmel game is still on the schedule. Obviously there was a meeting held not too long ago so will be interesting to see if Carmel goes back or not. I have heard rumblings of Carmel having an out of state opponent lined up for week 2 to replace CG.

As of now, 4 out of the first 5 games for CG are out of state private schools. 3 of which are home games.