Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Carmel Drops CG!

CG added Harvest Prep from Ohio to their schedule in week 5.  It looks like Harvest Prep has a total enrollment of 657 students and plays in Level V division of OHSAA.  I'm guessing that won't be a very close game.

As of now, the CG schedule only has 3 opponents from Indiana; LC, LN, and Cathedral.

33 minutes ago, Southside said:

CG added Harvest Prep from Ohio to their schedule in week 5.  It looks like Harvest Prep has a total enrollment of 657 students and plays in Level V division of OHSAA.  I'm guessing that won't be a very close game.

As of now, the CG schedule only has 3 opponents from Indiana; LC, LN, and Cathedral.

58 minutes ago, Indiana Fan said:

Carmel now is playing Christian Brothers out of Missouri week 2.

CG has an opening for week 2 and week 7.

Still hard to believe that Carmel would rather play an out of state school rather than keep an incredible rivalry going.

Make the Athletic Directors earn their pay. Scheduling conference games is easy.............

Edited by Muda69

1 hour ago, Muda69 said:

Make the Athletic Directors earn their pay. Scheduling conference games is easy.............

There are only so many 6A schools in the state.  I am sure the AD has reached out to them all along with many 5A schools.

From what I have learned, not been an issue scheduling contests for CG, other than football.  

56 minutes ago, Bash Riprock said:

There are only so many 6A schools in the state.  I am sure the AD has reached out to them all along with many 5A schools.

From what I have learned, not been an issue scheduling contests for CG, other than football.  

Which is telling…

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Grover said:

Yeah, they aren't afraid to play us.

I doubt they’re afraid to play anyone … but I get your point. 😉

Hats off to CG. First, St. Ed’s, now these guys. They play in 6A, Tennessee’s largest school division.

Oakland High School - State Champs - 1984, 1998, 2008, 2018, 2020, 2021, 2022

State Runner-Up - 1988, 1989, 2016

6 minutes ago, Bobref said:

Hats off to CG. First, St. Ed’s, now these guys. They play in 6A, Tennessee’s largest school division.

Nice indoor practice facility.

https://oaklandpatriotsfootball.weebly.com/facilities.html

image.jpeg.144e2db4c43a085ecdefe221dd25e969.jpeg

On 3/25/2023 at 8:25 PM, Bobref said:

I believe I read they finished the season last year ranked #37 MaxPreps

28 minutes ago, Bash Riprock said:

I believe I read they finished the season last year ranked #37 MaxPreps

Calpreps says the 2022 CG would beat 2022 Oakland on a neutral field in a very close game.

PROJECT A MATCHUP
neutral field
[2022] Center Grove (Greenwood, IN) 30 (57%), [2022] Oakland (Murfreesboro, TN) 28 (43%)

4 hours ago, RLS1 said:

It looks like Center Grove and Roncalli both have September 29th open.That would be a good game if they schedule it.

From what I have heard, Roncalli has a game that week. Roncalli also has turned down multiple offers from CG to play.

• 2 weeks later...

From a Q&A article by the Indy's Start High School beat writer, Mr. Neddenriep:

https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/high-school/2023/04/19/indiana-mr-basketball-voting-bias-ihsaa-boys-coaching-changes-all-stars-selection/70126970007/

(Note. Story is behind a paywall)

Is the Center Grove football schedule set?

Center Grove’s schedule is set other than Week 7. Here is the what the Trojans have on tap, according to athletic director Joe Bronkella:

Aug. 19: vs. St. Edward (Ohio), at Massillon, Ohio

Aug. 26: Oakland (Tenn.)

Sept. 1: Louisville Trinity

Sept. 8: Cincinnati Moeller

Sept. 15: Harvest Prep (Ohio)

Sept. 22: at Lawrence Central

Sept. 29: Open

Oct. 6: Lawrence North

Oct. 13: at Cathedral

That is obviously a dramatically different schedule for the three-time defending Class 6A champions than in previous years, precipitated by the move out of Metropolitan Interscholastic Conference and to independent status. Bronkella said there are a couple of Week 7 opportunities out there, but still waiting on contracts to solidify.

Interesting.  It is my contention that unless a school's  9-game regular season schedule  contains at least 5 IHSAA member schools that school should be ineligible for the state tournament.

2 hours ago, Muda69 said:

From a Q&A article by the Indy's Start High School beat writer, Mr. Neddenriep:

https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/high-school/2023/04/19/indiana-mr-basketball-voting-bias-ihsaa-boys-coaching-changes-all-stars-selection/70126970007/

(Note. Story is behind a paywall)

Interesting.  It is my contention that unless a school's  9-game regular season schedule  contains at least 5 IHSAA member schools that school should be ineligible for the state tournament.

I can't open your link....and while I like Kyle's stuff, its not enough to get me to subscribe.

I guess thank goodness only the IHSAA's contention matters.....

I don't think CG is running away from playing in-state high schools.  Their schedule this year will be as tough as it gets by being forced to look outside the state to field a schedule.

8 minutes ago, Bash Riprock said:

I can't open your link....

Hence the "behind a paywall" warning.

I guess thank goodness only the IHSAA's contention matters.....

I don't think CG is running away from playing in-state high schools.  Their schedule this year will be as tough as it gets by being forced to look outside the state to field a schedule.

So an IHSAA member could schedule all non-IHSAA opponents for it's regular season then mop up against the IHSAA schools during the state tournament.  Sorry, doesn't pass the smell test for me.................

1 hour ago, Muda69 said:

So an IHSAA member could schedule all non-IHSAA opponents for it's regular season then mop up against the IHSAA schools during the state tournament.  Sorry, doesn't pass the smell test for me.................

One man’s stench is another man’s perfume.

2 hours ago, Muda69 said:

Go back and read my comment again.  CG didn't run away from any Indiana high schools.  Just the opposite...they had to work their tails off looking far and wide to fill their schedule.  Perhaps you should ask Carmel why they took their ball and ran home, opening up a game originally scheduled for week 2.  Or why Ben Davis dropped CG for IMG (out of state) in week 4.  

And while any CG fan hope that playing a far tougher schedule than even their normal tough schedule bears a return on that investment for the post season, it certainly does not guarantee success in the playoffs.  I think you know this...

55 minutes ago, Bobref said:

One man’s stench is another man’s perfume.

Sex Panther | High Road Soap

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Bash Riprock said:

Go back and read my comment again.  CG didn't run away from any Indiana high schools.  Just the opposite...they had to work their tails off looking far and wide to fill their schedule.  Perhaps you should ask Carmel why they took their ball and ran home, opening up a game originally scheduled for week 2.  Or why Ben Davis dropped CG for IMG (out of state) in week 4.  

Sucks to be them, then.   I still don't think they should be allowed to participate in the IHSAA state tournament with a schedule containing less than 5 IHSAA member schools.

Life isn't fair sometimes.  Get used to it.

1 minute ago, Muda69 said:

Sucks to be them, then.   I still don't think they should be allowed to participate in the IHSAA state tournament with a schedule containing less than 5 IHSAA member schools.

you came up with an arbitrary 5 game in-state number to be able to play in the post-season tournament.  Whether I agree with you or not on the that number, my point is that CG had an in-state schedule of 5 in-state opponents, until 2 of them balked very late in the game.

I will also reiterate that its a good thing your vote doesn't count.  Get used to it.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Bash Riprock said:

you came up with an arbitrary 5 game in-state number to be able to play in the post-season tournament. 

Yes, I did.  I don't understand why that makes you so angry.

36 minutes ago, Bash Riprock said:

Whether I agree with you or not on the that number, my point is that CG had an in-state schedule of 5 in-state opponents, until 2 of them balked very late in the game.

Again, life throws you curveballs at times, and CG is not immune.

37 minutes ago, Bash Riprock said:

I will also reiterate that its a good thing your vote doesn't count.  Get used to it.

Why is it a good thing?  I care about the strict integrity of the IHSAA state tournament, and what is means to actually participate in it.  And that at times may require tough rules.  Get used to it.  You obviously don't.

1 hour ago, Muda69 said:

Then the IHSAA needs to step in and help them. It isn’t CG’s fault teams will not play. That’s pretty much stating that you can get a group together to not play a certain school because you don’t want to compete against them in the tournament. By the way, I do not think that is an actual rule.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Indiana Fan said:

Then the IHSAA needs to step in and help them. It isn’t CG’s fault teams will not play. 

In a way it is.  

6 minutes ago, Indiana Fan said:

That’s pretty much stating that you can get a group together to not play a certain school because you don’t want to compete against them in the tournament.

If you can prove there has been actual collusion going on between multiple Indiana high hchool A.D.'s to deny Center Grove football contests then by all means provide that proof to the IHSAA.  Otherwise the IHSAA should stay out of it, the last time I checked they were not in the business of scheduling regular season athletic contests.

8 minutes ago, Indiana Fan said:

By the way, I do not think that is an actual rule.

It is not.  But it should be.