Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Carmel Drops CG!

7 hours ago, Donnie Baker said:

Carly Simons is still fire ass hot, I swear to God she is 

I don’t know about now, but when her big album came out I was still in college. That album cover was very popular for a couple of reasons. 😉

image.thumb.jpeg.b8bc164d75370cb8fb91666427d9c620.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Bobref said:

I don’t know about now, but when her big album came out I was still in college. That album cover was very popular for a couple of reasons. 😉

Photo seems a little “vain” to me….

Don’t forget to tip your waiters….

• Haha 2
  • Kill me now 1

On 4/22/2023 at 7:22 AM, Bobref said:

And James Taylor picked the horse and blow over those, umm her. What a dumbass and I’ll say it right to his face 

• Haha 4

On 4/22/2023 at 1:54 PM, temptation said:

Nah, it fits.

It fits like OJ's glove.

Swing and a miss grandpa.

You always treat me like a King when I comment on here. Too bad it's Rodney King.

Your batting average is Mendoza line bad these days.

I don't even know what that means.

• Haha 1

Nah, it fits.

Swing and a miss grandpa.

Your batting average is Mendoza line bad these days.

Looks like both suppose and propose can work with the situation referenced.

https://hinative.com/questions/13888713

https://wikidiff.com/propose/suppose

https://comparewords.com/propose/suppose

But if I had to vote Temp, I would have to go with Gonzo's choice in this case.  But that's just my personal preference.  I certainly understood your comment.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, gonzoron said:

You always treat me like a King when I comment on here. Too bad it's Rodney King.

Could be Rodney Dangerfield too.

Rodney Dangerfield Get No Respect GIF - Rodney Dangerfield Get No Respect -  Discover & Share GIFs

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/21/2023 at 9:02 AM, Muda69 said:

What 3A/4A A.D. or Coach in their right mind would willingly schedule Center Grove at the moment?  They either must believe than can make mucho $ at the gate or they are truly desperate.   

Chatard..roncalli..new pal? Some 5a programs might risk it..the gate alone .. ✔ 

6 hours ago, temptation said:

I know it’s not 3/4A but I would love to see an annual CG/Whiteland matchup.

The present vs the future.

What we saw last year from Whiteland was just the beginning? 

Kudos to the CG athletic department and football staff for their efforts to secure a full schedule for their kids and program. Thanks to the 4 Indiana teams and 5 out of state teams to schedule the Trojans. 

The schedule is a very tough one. Hopefully it pays off!!  Trojan Pride!! 

IMG_4710.jpeg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BTF said:

What we saw last year from Whiteland was just the beginning? 

Whiteland has been on the cusp for a little bit. There were a few years they have been better than solid but ran into Cathedral or Columbus East and just couldn't quite get over that hump. Like  Coach Moore at Center Grove, Coach Fisher at Whiteland has built Whiteland from the ground up using a similar blueprint. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, temptation said:

In my opinion yes.  They are a powder keg.

I remember when Westfield and Hamilton Southeastern were there. That's good, the south side of Indy needs representation. 

6 hours ago, Bash Riprock said:

Kudos to the CG athletic department and football staff for their efforts to secure a full schedule for their kids and program. Thanks to the 4 Indiana teams and 5 out of state teams to schedule the Trojans. 

The schedule is a very tough one. Hopefully it pays off!!  Trojan Pride!! 

IMG_4710.jpeg

A daunting schedule, no doubt. I wasn’t familiar with Harvest Prep, so I looked them up. Suburban Columbus, student population in the 800s. They were 13-1 last season, but play in a much smaller class. Calpreps says last year’s game would have been no contest.

PROJECT A MATCHUP
neutral field
[2022] Center Grove (Greenwood, IN) 42 (96%), [2022] Harvest Prep (Canal Winchester, OH) 14 (4%)

46 minutes ago, Bobref said:

A daunting schedule, no doubt. I wasn’t familiar with Harvest Prep, so I looked them up. Suburban Columbus, student population in the 800s. They were 13-1 last season, but play in a much smaller class. Calpreps says last year’s game would have been no contest.

PROJECT A MATCHUP
neutral field
[2022] Center Grove (Greenwood, IN) 42 (96%), [2022] Harvest Prep (Canal Winchester, OH) 14 (4%)

I know nothing about HP. Just glad they are playing the Trojans this upcoming season. 

Edited by Bash Riprock

49 minutes ago, Southside said:

If the weeks 2 through 5 games are 2-year home and home contracts, then CG will be traveling a lot weeks 2-5 of the 2024 season.  They would travel to TN, Louisville, Cincy, and Columbus in 4 weeks.

Sad, if you asked me.  Indiana high school teams should be playing other teams in the state--it's that simple.

Edited by Gipper
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Gipper said:

Sad, if you asked me.  Indiana high school teams should be playing other teams in the state--it's that simple.

I'm pretty sure that CG would prefer to be playing in-state, but probably not at the expense of playing an under-.500 2A team.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Southside said:

If the weeks 2 through 5 games are 2-year home and home contracts, then CG will be traveling a lot weeks 2-5 of the 2024 season.  They would travel to TN, Louisville, Cincy, and Columbus in 4 weeks.

Pretty sure Trinity is the only contract that is for more than 1 year. 

3 hours ago, Gipper said:

I think they more than exhausted in-state possibilities.

I believe the series with Fort Wayne Carroll start next year, and I believe BD and Warren are back on the schedule.  Hopefully, LN, LC and Pike will remain.  Cathedral series has been recently renewed.

I am not sure about the out of state series next year.  Trinity and CG seem to be enjoying the relationship they have built.

Edited by Bash Riprock

On 4/20/2023 at 8:56 AM, Muda69 said:

Because IMHO if you want to be an IHSAA state champion you should then play predominately other IHSAA member schools during the regular season.  If the IHSSA would adopt this rule then its approach to regular season scheduling would not longer be as  much "hand-off", would it?

There is no connection to anything that happens in the regular season to what happens in the post season today. Why arbitrarily add this? I'm guessing there are years where Cathedral didn't play 5 IHSAA teams. Or possibly the Deaf School.