Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Ben Davis football

1 hour ago, coachmorales said:

please forgive me for asking but why is this job open and where is the current coach going?  also, does ben davis still have the incredible talent it has always had?  

coach morales

daep math instructor

south san isd

Ben Davis has a plethora of talent returning in 2023.  Jason Simmons is leaving for Miami Ohio to become the running backs coach, which is his alma mater.

50 minutes ago, HoosierFB_JG said:

Ben Davis has a plethora of talent returning in 2023.  Jason Simmons is leaving for Miami Ohio to become the running backs coach, which is his alma mater.

Every time Warren/BD change coaches, they fall farther and farther behind CG.

In the time Eric Moore has been at CG, Warren has had 7 head coaches and BD has had 4, now 5 (assuming Moore comes back this fall.)

Nothing to see here.

47 minutes ago, temptation said:

In the time Eric Moore has been at CG, Warren has had 7 head coaches and BD has had 4, now 5 (assuming Moore comes back this fall.)

Nothing to see here.

I have to stand behind what I said, regardless. Can’t back down now.

I picked Cathedral in 2022 with CG as my #2.

i said 2023 is the year of the Giant, in both basketball and football.

1 hour ago, temptation said:

Nothing to see here.

I’d say that since 2000, all of those coaches have had pretty successful tenures for Warren outside of the present. But all the current coach has done is be a winner everywhere he’s ever been. 

It isn’t like they’re on a long run of unsuccessful coaching tenures. It can also be argued that every coach that’s left never found the same level of sustained success they had at Warren. 

6 minutes ago, WarrenGrad12 said:

I’d say that since 2000, all of those coaches have had pretty successful tenures for Warren outside of the present. But all the current coach has done is be a winner everywhere he’s ever been. 

It isn’t like they’re on a long run of unsuccessful coaching tenures. It can also be argued that every coach that’s left never found the same level of sustained success they had at Warren. 

Because it used to be nearly impossible to fail at Warren.

19 hours ago, temptation said:

Paging @BDGiant93

19 hours ago, coachmorales said:

please forgive me for asking but why is this job open and where is the current coach going?  also, does ben davis still have the incredible talent it has always had?  

coach morales

daep math instructor

south san isd

Coach Simmons has not announced anything official, but the tea leaves say he's headed to Miami of Ohio as a running backs coach. Coach Simmons is a Miami graduate and played there under Terry Hoeppner. As far as the talent goes, yes, Ben Davis is very talented and will return several players next season.

17 hours ago, temptation said:

Nothing to see here.

And why did those four BD coaches leave?

Dick Dullaghan (retirement)

Tom Allen (Wabash assistant coaching opportunity)

Mike Kirschner (stated reason was burnout...but was then pursued by Mt. Vernon)

Jason Simmons (Likely college assistant coaching job at MAC program that's his alma mater) 

Warren's coaches

Shelbourne ??

Wright (Left for Jenks Oklahoma)

Tutsie (Had a vision after reading Tony Dungy's book...and a losing season)

Hart (Unceremoniously left seemingly unamicably)

Tutsie (Awful year)

West (Move to Franklin Central to be closer to home)

Kirschner...

16 minutes ago, BDGiant93 said:

Jason Simmons (Likely college assistant coaching job at MAC program that's his alma mater) 

Warren's coaches

Shelbourne ??

Tutsie (Awful year)

Kirschner...

Does it really matter?  My point still stands.

CG was an afterthought in football to WC and BD at the turn of the century...then started winning their fair share against the two...and now are dominating them so badly they are running to play Fort Wayne teams and out of state teams.

Its absolutely hysterical.

(By the way, you are way too gullible when it comes to "coach speak.")

1 hour ago, temptation said:

CG was an afterthought in football to WC and BD at the turn of the century...then started winning their fair share against the two...and now are dominating them so badly they are running to play Fort Wayne teams and out of state teams.

Things will come back around. They always do.

CG has beaten everyone the past few years badly. Both Warren and Ben Davis have a full cupboard of players moving forward. 

I’m confident that the MIC will win another title before the HCC. I’m also confident Carmel will win another title before CG.

Finally, BD and CG are only on a 1-year hiatus so BD could have the opportunity to play IMG. I’d have taken that every single time I’m offered because the gate will be massive with all the interest. 

2 hours ago, BDGiant93 said:

Warren's coaches

Shelbourne ??

Tutsie (Awful year)

Kirschner...

Shelbourne left for Avon I believe.

8 minutes ago, WCGrad92 said:

Shelbourne left for Avon I believe.

I didn't know if that was the exact reason.

1 hour ago, ragdoll said:

Regarding Tutsie, he is really good as a DC. and his son just finished playing in his fourth FCS national championship game, having won the first three. 

That he is. 

2 hours ago, temptation said:

I'd hardly call IMG a downgrade from Center Grove. I can't speak to Warren's schedule. I do know in both cases that the coaches have been vocal about keeping the schools on the schedule. BD had an opportunity to schedule IMG on a one-year deal and took it, but the 2024 schedule has Center Grove on it. That could obviously change though. BD picks up Cathedral once Moeller drops off and Carmel doesn't drop off, so I'd hardly call it a weak schedule. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, ragdoll said:

Regarding Tutsie, he is really good as a DC. and his son just finished playing in his fourth FCS national championship game, having won the first three. 

He just left Warren…again.

1 hour ago, HoosierFB_JG said:

Things will come back around. They always do.

CG has beaten everyone the past few years badly. Both Warren and Ben Davis have a full cupboard of players moving forward. 

I’m confident that the MIC will win another title before the HCC. I’m also confident Carmel will win another title before CG.

Finally, BD and CG are only on a 1-year hiatus so BD could have the opportunity to play IMG. I’d have taken that every single time I’m offered because the gate will be massive with all the interest. 

I’ll take both bets.

1 hour ago, BDGiant93 said:

So, you actually think IMG was a downgrade from Center Grove, @temptation, or are you just trolling more than normal?

Not a downgrade next year but if they don’t pick up CG afterwards it just comes across as weak.

I just can’t believe this is where we are in 2023…huge school bullies BD, Warren and Carmel shying away from CG due to hurt feelings.

Three of the four biggest schools in the state and those responsible for 5A/6A football domination since the turn of the century.

On 2/10/2023 at 5:37 PM, temptation said:

Not a downgrade next year but if they don’t pick up CG afterwards it just comes across as weak.

I just can’t believe this is where we are in 2023…huge school bullies BD, Warren and Carmel shying away from CG due to hurt feelings.

Three of the four biggest schools in the state and those responsible for 5A/6A football domination since the turn of the century.

From the info I have, CG dropped BD in both boys and girls basketball and not the other way around. Not sure about other sports such as baseball, softball etc. It's also my understanding that CG returns to the football schedule in 2024 in week #4, but that obviously could change. I know that's why Penn disappeared from BD's schedule. They dropped the Giants for two years to play Mishawaka due to the conference rotation and then, by the time they were ready to pick BD back up, the Giants had signed a longterm deal with Pike. When Pike became a conference rival, Avon stepped in. But.......it's a beautiful Monday out so I'm going to go do something outside.

Edited by BDGiant93