Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Penn/Carmel?

• 2 months later...
On 4/21/2023 at 10:32 AM, BLACKGOLD2007 said:

Well, this will be another blood letting on the Penn schedule.  As a program we are a shell of what we used to be.  However, long this agreement is for, congrats of 2-4 easy wins for Carmel.

Penn's record over five years is 32-22 since wasting Carmel in 2017. Time for a change? What has this average level of play done to attendance? Do the Kingsmen still pack the house?

On 4/23/2023 at 8:41 AM, BTF said:

Penn's record over five years is 32-22 since wasting Carmel in 2017. Time for a change? What has this average level of play done to attendance? Do the Kingsmen still pack the house?

We don't travel as well as we used to, attendance comes and goes.  We had full stands to see us get murdered by Carroll (props to them on that).  I expect it to be packed at the Mishawaka game.  But, the conference games, struggle to even get students out.

6 hours ago, BLACKGOLD2007 said:

We don't travel as well as we used to, attendance comes and goes.  We had full stands to see us get murdered by Carroll (props to them on that).  I expect it to be packed at the Mishawaka game.  But, the conference games, struggle to even get students out.

Which is one of the reasons I advocated for the SAC to schedule non conference opponents. Snider vs Warren Central will bring a MUCH bigger gate than Snider vs South Side. Fans get bored mercy ruling same opponents year in and year out. 

Looking at Penn's schedule, I'd agree with your assessment of the attendance. Mishawaka will garner some interest, but the other three home games might as well be watched on the internet, or tune into the Big Ten's Friday night game (which is a total punch in the gut to high school football). 

Carroll (Fort Wayne): They host Warren Central, Bishop Dwenger, Homestead, Wayne, and North Side. Now that's a home schedule if I ever saw one. 

On 4/25/2023 at 2:47 PM, BLACKGOLD2007 said:

Problem is conference Penn plays in, teams are not very good, other than maybe Elkhart and New Prairie?? They should consider going independent or maybe join the Duneland

5 hours ago, psaboy said:

Problem is conference Penn plays in, teams are not very good, other than maybe Elkhart and New Prairie?? They should consider going independent or maybe join the Duneland

I still like DT's proposal: A northern super conference. 

Penn, Snider, Homestead, Carroll, Merrillville, Valpo, Dwenger, & Crown Point. Two non-conference games.....probably rest games since that schedule would be brutal.

Side note: The SAC's a pretty solid conference as it stands with the move to two divisions, so the above scenario is a pipe dream. 

2 hours ago, BTF said:

I still like DT's proposal: A northern super conference. 

Penn, Snider, Homestead, Carroll, Merrillville, Valpo, Dwenger, & Crown Point. Two non-conference games.....probably rest games since that schedule would be brutal.

Side note: The SAC's a pretty solid conference as it stands with the move to two divisions, so the above scenario is a pipe dream. 

Yea, maybe years way down the road. Travel would be killer for FWA teams & Da Region teams. SAC seem to be one of the best and solid conferences in the state. 

21 minutes ago, psaboy said:

Yea, maybe years way down the road. Travel would be killer for FWA teams & Da Region teams. SAC seem to be one of the best and solid conferences in the state. 

Not even years down the road in my opinion. The SAC is on solid ground, those teams are going nowhere. Penn is the biggest winner in this scenario. 

On 4/25/2023 at 9:12 PM, BTF said:

Which is one of the reasons I advocated for the SAC to schedule non conference opponents. Snider vs Warren Central will bring a MUCH bigger gate than Snider vs South Side. Fans get bored mercy ruling same opponents year in and year out. 

Looking at Penn's schedule, I'd agree with your assessment of the attendance. Mishawaka will garner some interest, but the other three home games might as well be watched on the internet, or tune into the Big Ten's Friday night game (which is a total punch in the gut to high school football). 

Carroll (Fort Wayne): They host Warren Central, Bishop Dwenger, Homestead, Wayne, and North Side. Now that's a home schedule if I ever saw one. 

Already happening 

On 5/2/2023 at 5:46 AM, BTF said:

Yes, the SAC is a done deal. Unless you were referring to Penn. 

Yup.  Now moving forward a year with CHS...  THAT'S a hell of road schedule to through.

I am not at all sure what Penn is doing.  Kinda out of my perspective...I have games there, but haven't had any real insights into what they should/shouldn't do inside or outside of their conference (or even if they will be in one).

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Yuccaguy said:

Yup.  Now moving forward a year with CHS...  THAT'S a hell of road schedule to through.

I am not at all sure what Penn is doing.  Kinda out of my perspective...I have games there, but haven't had any real insights into what they should/shouldn't do inside or outside of their conference (or even if they will be in one).

Carroll 2024

On the road vs Dwenger, Homestead, North Side, and Center Grove............that's not very forgiving. At least they get to host Snider and Hamilton Southeastern. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/1/2023 at 11:26 AM, psaboy said:

I have been clamoring for independent.  We keep Mishawaka and Elkhart locally. Valpo remains at the beginning of the year.  I would have no issue keeping Marian on the schedule, if they wanted to do a rotating schedule with St. Joe, cool.  You need a rest game, so if the South Bend schools want to do a three year rotation.  That would be nice to see. 

that is 5 games each year.   

Teams I would find interesting to start home and homes with:

Northwood

Merrillville

Ben Davis

Carmel

Lafayette Jeff

Carroll

Snider 

Westfield

HSE

Brownsburg

2 hours ago, BLACKGOLD2007 said:

I would have no issue keeping Marian on the schedule, if they wanted to do a rotating schedule with St. Joe, cool.

You had me in the first half, but these two games have to go, too.