Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

XFL Season Opens Today

Bobref

If you’re like me, craving a football fix, the XFL season opens today. I’m going to watch, and am interested in one feature of the coverage in particular. Apparently, conversations between the on field officials and Director of Officiating Dean Blandino, will be on an open mike. If that’s true, and the public actually hears what goes on in those discussions, I think more people will realize just how difficult the job is, and how hard they work to get it right. Should be both entertaining and enlightening.

• Like 1

On 2/18/2023 at 10:33 AM, Bobref said:

If you’re like me, craving a football fix, the XFL season opens today. I’m going to watch, and am interested in one feature of the coverage in particular. Apparently, conversations between the on field officials and Director of Officiating Dean Blandino, will be on an open mike. If that’s true, and the public actually hears what goes on in those discussions, I think more people will realize just how difficult the job is, and how hard they work to get it right. Should be both entertaining and enlightening.

I watched a couple games last weekend and definitely enjoyed the mics on the refs and the coordinators.  Same for the 3-point conversions and the 4th & 15 in lieu of an onside kick.  It's minor league football but it's better than anything else on the tube.

• 3 weeks later...
36 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

Oh, the XFL.  There's a reason every other credible football league/organization has a rule against more than one forward pass:

https://deadspin.com/xfl-double-pass-touchdown-houston-roughnecks-1850217095

Some people might remember the Heritage Hills’ OT state title victory over Zionsville … which came on a double forward pass play involving Jay Cutler … who both threw a forward pass and caught a forward pass on the play… in that order.

17 hours ago, Bobref said:

Some people might remember the Heritage Hills’ OT state title victory over Zionsville … which came on a double forward pass play involving Jay Cutler … who both threw a forward pass and caught a forward pass on the play… in that order.

Meh, high school referees.  No offense intended, Bobref.