Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

HNAC Expansion Talk

5 minutes ago, Gap Down Backer said:

I agree- schools need to do what they think is best for their situation- and for all sports- be interesting to see if Knox and Laville break off who will still play them from the HNAC or if they'll just wash their hands of them.  Finding football games is a nightmare when you have open dates that need filled.  

No doubt. North White chooses to take a bye week 5 instead of playing Pioneer anymore, so we've played Hammond Central (2-3 hour drive depending on traffic) and Indy Attucks the last several years.

1 hour ago, Punttheball said:

Nah!! It is just a case of Southwood and Northfield want to keep their identity and nobody likes Wabash.

Hard to keep your identity when you barely have the enrollment to keep your buildings doors open.

12 hours ago, MacAttack53 said:

MSD (Southwood and Northfield) don’t want to take on Wabash City’s debt. And legally I don’t think they can due to the structure of the Wabash City Schools. 

You mean the residents of rural Wabash county don't want to pay, yet they have to pay more and more to maintain the current Wabash MSD infrastructure due to declining enrollment.  Better to just bit the bullet now.  Exactly how much debt does the Wabash City government school district currently hold?

18 hours ago, MarshallCounty said:

Rockville and Turkey Run didn’t want to merge. Union Dugger and North Central Farmersburg didn’t want to merge. Demographic changes sometimes force tough choices. 

Sometimes consolidation is necessary.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FinePrint said:

So if LaVille and Knox are leaving the HNAC, who does the conference go after to replace them?

South Central

West Central

Argos

Rochester

Westville

Oregon-Davis

I’d like to see them reach out to Rochester, Lewis Cass, West Central and or North Miami. 

12 minutes ago, FarmerFran said:

I’d like to see them reach out to Rochester, Lewis Cass, West Central and or North Miami. 

I hadn't thought of North Miami, but they would fit pretty well.  I could live with Rochester and North Miami, although I'd be surprised if Rochester doesn't end up in the new conference with Valley.

On 3/13/2023 at 4:15 PM, FinePrint said:

I hadn't thought of North Miami, but they would fit pretty well.  I could live with Rochester and North Miami, although I'd be surprised if Rochester doesn't end up in the new conference with Valley.

I’d push for North Miami, North White, West Central, or South Central for HNAC. Argos and OD don’t have football and several other sports (wrestling, track).  I doubt Rochester would join as they would be significantly bigger than the schools that remain. Westville is too far from most of the schools

Edited by AubbeenaubbeeCav

10 hours ago, AubbeenaubbeeCav said:

I’d push for North Miami, North White, West Central, or South Central for HNAC. Argos and OD don’t have football and several other sports (wrestling, track).  I doubt Rochester would join as they would be significantly bigger than the schools that remain. Westville is too far from most of the schools

define “significantly”

not much different than teams in TRC

Rochester 495

northfield 275

Southwood 240

north miami 287

winamac 387

pioneer 313

triton 258

17 minutes ago, RingLeader said:

How is this stuff done at some of your schools?  Do parents have any input? Is community involved to get a feel for what folks want?  Do principals and AD’s make unilateral decisions for the school?

No, No, Yes

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, RingLeader said:

define “significantly”

not much different than teams in TRC

Rochester 495

northfield 275

Southwood 240

north miami 287

I worry about the viability of North Miami, it seems they just keep losing enrollment.  Perhaps a consolidation with Caston, Northfield, or (shudder) even Peru would be the best thing for that community.