not much different than teams in TRC

Rochester 495

northfield 275

Southwood 240

north miami 287

winamac 387

pioneer 313

triton 258

All the schools that remain in HNAC would be 1A in football except Winamac, who just moved up this year. Caston and Culver are under 250 which is about half of Rochester. I define that as significant.

On 3/15/2023 at 1:36 PM, Gap Down Backer said:

HNAC has invite letters out to Cass, N Miami, Rochester and S Central.  Not sure any will bite- Cass I could see more interested in TRC as they tried to get in there when MIC dissolved. 

I could see North Miami being interested. Playing the 1A schools in HNAC would be more of a fit than Peru , Rochester and Wabash

4 hours ago, AubbeenaubbeeCav said:

All the schools that remain in HNAC would be 1A in football except Winamac, who just moved up this year. Caston and Culver are under 250 which is about half of Rochester. I define that as significant.

Winamac has for most part always been 2A. Pioneer is now 2A in everything other than football. Rochester is 2A and are in with smaller 1A schools now as pointed out. I wouldn’t see that as a significant difference to them.  The bigger schools in the TRC aren’t exactly overwhelming by any means from a competition stand point vs solid 1A schools

2 hours ago, RingLeader said:

Winamac has for most part always been 2A. Pioneer is now 2A in everything other than football. Rochester is 2A and are in with smaller 1A schools now as pointed out. I wouldn’t see that as a significant difference to them.  The bigger schools in the TRC aren’t exactly overwhelming by any means from a competition stand point vs solid 1A schools

Hasn't Winamac actually yo-yo'd?  They were 1A back in the 2012-2014 stretch ... lost a regional game to LCC after beating Tri-County, Noll, and West Central.  Bumped up to 2A around the 2015-2016 seasons; culminating in a regional lost to Whiting.  Dropped back down to 1A in 2017 and just recently bounced back up in 2022 to 2A.

5 hours ago, foxbat said:

Hasn't Winamac actually yo-yo'd?  They were 1A back in the 2012-2014 stretch ... lost a regional game to LCC after beating Tri-County, Noll, and West Central.  Bumped up to 2A around the 2015-2016 seasons; culminating in a regional lost to Whiting.  Dropped back down to 1A in 2017 and just recently bounced back up in 2022 to 2A.

Yes been smaller 2A and largest 1A 

On 3/13/2023 at 2:49 PM, FinePrint said:

So if LaVille and Knox are leaving the HNAC, who does the conference go after to replace them?

South Central

West Central

Argos

Rochester

Westville

Oregon-Davis

So has there been an announcement that I missed that has LaVille and Knox leaving the HNAC?

I keep hearing all this talk, but not a confirmation that this has happened.

In answer to the present question, 'who does the conference go after to replace them'?

Both Argos and OD are presently in the Hoosier Plains Conference and I wonder if the fact that neither one has football, along with not having other sports as well could be a hurdle?  Not that Argos/OD couldn't change conferences, just don't see it being much more beneficial.

This present conference change reminds me of a few years ago when other schools in Indiana opted out of one conference to either join another or create their own - long distance travel or not.

With potential movement from one, two, three conferences is going to affect several schools again and affecting a lot of areas - parents, fans and student-athletes just to name a few.

My question is, why the move?

What are the ultimate benefits?

Will the move benefit the student-athletes?  Parents/Fans will follow their student-athlete.  But is the move going to benefit the student-athlete?

Are there other factors involved in this movement?

Just some questions that I am curious about.

Anyone have input?

as always, the game is better

from_the_sidelines007

• 2 weeks later...

Breaking on WHME Sports.

Jimtown, Glenn and Bremen have sent letters to Northern Indiana Conference asking to leave the league by 2024-25.

Tippy Valley sent a letter to Three Rivers Conference asking the same.

LaVille and Knox have asked to leave the Hoosier North Athletic Conference.

Rumor has it Rochester turned down a request to join, and Fairfield is entertaining the offer.

image.thumb.png.9c29058dfca6b27d74172f203a9e8807.png

from_the_sidelines007

On 3/17/2023 at 6:14 AM, foxbat said:

That's what will probably be happening for awhile.  I don't think Winamac will settle in 2a or 1a for long periods in football.  Basketball and baseball they'll always be 2a. 

On 3/22/2023 at 12:44 PM, MarshallCounty said:

No official announcement. 6 schools are locked in according to school officials. Waiting to hear word from two other schools who were invited. 

Yes. Those 6 are locked in and from what it seems the other remaining HNAC schools are locked in as well. 

On 3/15/2023 at 1:36 PM, Gap Down Backer said:

HNAC has invite letters out to Cass, N Miami, Rochester and S Central.  Not sure any will bite- Cass I could see more interested in TRC as they tried to get in there when MIC dissolved. 

I could HNAC getting absorbed by TRC

Division 1

Manchester, Rochester, Winamac, Culver, Caston, Triton, North Miami

Division 2

Wabash, Southwood, Northfield, Lewis Cass, Pioneer, Peru, and Maconaquah 

The two outliers. North Judson and Whitko probably would have to find new homes. 

On 4/1/2023 at 12:58 PM, WalterSobchak said:

I could HNAC getting absorbed by TRC

Division 1

Manchester, Rochester, Winamac, Culver, Caston, Triton, North Miami

Division 2

Wabash, Southwood, Northfield, Lewis Cass, Pioneer, Peru, and Maconaquah 

The two outliers. North Judson and Whitko probably would have to find new homes. 

Whitko to NECC should an 'opening' happen there...or am I just Falcon kidding myself?  😀

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, from_the_sidelines007 said:

Do we know if the HNAC has further developed interest in finding schools to join when Knox and LaVille leaves?

The ground is moving again.

from_the_sidelines007

Based on what we know, invites have been sent out. The only problem is the TRC teams that have been reached out to has the bylaw that schools looking to leave must wait 2 years before leaving. If the departing school leaves after 1 year, the departing school must pay each TRC school $1000. If the departing school refuses to pay, they will be voted out effective immediately. This is what happened to Valley. So, I am sure that the schools who were invited, could be hesitant to accept the invite. Will be interesting to see what happens and if this puts a hold on teams leaving. 

I just saw a tweet announcing the South Central move.  I like it from a football perspective.  The HNAC looses a little ground in the level of competition with these moves, but North Miami and South Central make a lot of sense geographically.

6 minutes ago, MarshallCounty said:

What are the other sports the conference offers? 

Track, cross country, baseball and softball, wrestling, basketball, tennis, volleyball, golf.  Basically everything but swimming and gymnastics.  Not all schools participate in all sports.

Edited by FinePrint

4 minutes ago, FinePrint said:

I just saw a tweet announcing the South Central move.  I like it from a football perspective.  The HNAC looses a little ground in the level of competition with these moves, but North Miami and South Central make a lot of sense geographically.

For football, this is probably the best solution to a bad situation. 

1 minute ago, FinePrint said:

Track, cross country, baseball and softball, wrestling, basketball, tennis, volleyball, golf.  Basically everything but swimming and gymnastics.  Not all schools participate in all sports.

Argos offers Baseball, Softball, Basketball, Soccer, Volleyball, partial Cross County, no track. 

Just now, MarshallCounty said:

Argos offers Baseball, Softball, Basketball, Soccer, Volleyball, partial Cross County, no track. 

The HNAC has soccer too.  Missed that one...

From a competition and rivalry standpoint, I like Argos better than O-D for filling out the non-football conference spot.

1 hour ago, FinePrint said:

The HNAC has soccer too.  Missed that one...

From a competition and rivalry standpoint, I like Argos better than O-D for filling out the non-football conference spot.

Argos would be the better choice but would they leave the new conference they helped to form?