Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

2023 Packers season

Irishman

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately, it looks like I won’t be able to make fun of Rodgers in the Packers thread much longer. He never disappoints. You can’t make this stuff up.

https://www.tmz.com/2023/03/09/aaron-rodgers-speaker-psychedelic-science-conference/

Life's A Trip ...HEAR ME TALK ABOUT PSYCHEDELICS!!!

Aaron Rodgers has announced his next move ... but it ain't related to his football career -- the NFL superstar is set to speak at a huge psychedelic science conference!!

The 39-year-old quarterback is one of several featured guests for the Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies' "Psychedelic Science 2023" event in June ... which is being dubbed "the largest psychedelic gathering in history."

The conference -- which is expecting 10,000 attendees -- will include speeches, workshops and panel discussions about all things hallucinogens.

Of course, Rodgers has been outspoken about his passion for the plant-based psychedelic, Ayahuasca ... which he credits with helping his mental health and MVP seasons in 2020 and 2021.

Rodgers has also previously talked about his use of mushrooms ... which led to him trying out the brewed drink during his trip to South America.

Rodgers isn't the only athlete slated to speak -- Olympic silver medalist Sasha Cohen is also listed as a special guest for the event in Denver.

The conference is still a few months away ... and we'll most likely know of his NFL decision by then -- so, it'll almost certainly be an interesting speech.

32 minutes ago, Irishman said:

Saw this on twitter.......interesting question

If the 1st overall pick (a QB) is worth two 1sts, two 2nds, and DJ Moore, what is proper value for Aaron Rodgers? 

I think the Packers are just done with Rogers. With only one suitor out there, I don’t see them driving a hard bargain. The trades aren’t really comparable, since none of the assets in the Bears’ trade have a guaranteed $58 million price tag for next year.

7 minutes ago, Bobref said:

I think the Packers are just done with Rogers. With only one suitor out there, I don’t see them driving a hard bargain. The trades aren’t really comparable, since none of the assets in the Bears’ trade have a guaranteed $58 million price tag for next year.

I agree...and it appears it is close to happening. 

https://deadspin.com/aaron-rodgers-jets-trade-1850220912

Forget the vaccine skepticism. Forget the 9/11 truther nonsense. Forget the darkness retreats. This time he’s truly lost his mind.

“It is my intention to play for the Jets,” Aaron Rodgers said Wednesday on The Pat McAfee Show.

The Jets? Really?

Heh heh, Mr. Rodgers has truly gone insane.

Sorry, Packers fans.

No, not really sorry.

Edited by Muda69

Watching the Pat McAfee show now. It is clear A A Ron is done in Green Bay. Interesting to hear as it seems the pattern for communication is the same as it has been with other players they let go. he is speaking about Green Bay in past tense. 

I do love how he blasted Adam Schefter....told him don't know how you got it, but lose my number. 

Kind of a weird feeling though. We knew the day was coming, but it still hits hard when it is here. 

9 minutes ago, Irishman said:

Watching the Pat McAfee show now. It is clear A A Ron is done in Green Bay. Interesting to hear as it seems the pattern for communication is the same as it has been with other players they let go. he is speaking about Green Bay in past tense. 

I do love how he blasted Adam Schefter....told him don't know how you got it, but lose my number. 

Kind of a weird feeling though. We knew the day was coming, but it still hits hard when it is here. 

I hear there is a newly ex-Colts QB that may be looking for a job............................

Edited by Muda69
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
3 hours ago, Irishman said:

The more things change, the more they seem the same. 

That was a swift kick in the nuts. I’m still feeling positive with the direction the Bears are going with Warren and Poles and was expecting 1 more year of rebuilding. But, I was expecting Green Bay’s offense to take a step back with Love. Wasn’t the case today. 

One team looked ready to play and the other looked like they screwed around in the pre-season, which is what the Bears did. Did not look prepared at all Coach Flus. And how about some downfield passes for Fields? Either Fields doesn’t have the confidence to throw ‘em, the Bears don’t trust him, or the play calling is inept. It’s one of the 3.

8 hours ago, Boilernation said:

That was a swift kick in the nuts. I’m still feeling positive with the direction the Bears are going with Warren and Poles and was expecting 1 more year of rebuilding. But, I was expecting Green Bay’s offense to take a step back with Love. Wasn’t the case today. 

I had a similar feeling about the step back as well, but kept saying to myself the defense improved as the season went on last year. They also have the best RB tandem in the league and the highest yards per carry for most of the season. And they did not lose any of the guys involved in those two aspects. LaFleur gets way too pass happy. The difference was the run game. When the Packers can get 8 or 9 yards on first down carries, they will be tough to beat.