Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Sagamore/WIC Conference changes on the horizon

• Learned Crawfordsville, North Montgomery and Southmont school officials are discussing leaving the Sagamore Athletic Conference and partnering with the school districts in Putnam County to form a new conference. Bowling said the catalyst for the discussions is the rapid growth and changing demographics at Lebanon, Danville, and Tri-West school districts.

https://www.journalreview.com/stories/ccsc-superintendent-discusses-proposed-state-funding-changes,241367

Not surprised.  As Lebanon, Danville, and Tri-West become more and more part of the Indianapolis area/donut county urban sprawl they become less and less rural, and their enrollments will soon grow to dwarf those of the other Sagamore conference schools. 

If this comes to pass where does that leave Frankfort and Western Boone?  IMHO it opens the logical door for the Hot Dogs to petition for membership into the Hoosier Heartland conference.  As for Western Boone I really don't care what happens to them.................

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Muda69 said:

Not surprised.  As Lebanon, Danville, and Tri-West become more and more part of the Indianapolis area/donut county urban sprawl they become less and less rural, and their enrollments will soon grow to dwarf those of the other Sagamore conference schools. 

If this comes to pass where does that leave Frankfort and Western Boone?  IMHO it opens the logical door for the Hot Dogs to petition for membership into the Hoosier Heartland conference.  As for Western Boone I really don't care what happens to them.................

What about the children?

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Muda69 said:

Appreciate the support, Muda!  

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Donnie Baker said:

What about the children?

Last time I checked around 99% of the students in a government school system were children.

2 hours ago, 1st_and_10 said:

Appreciate the support, Muda!  

I'm sure the Hoosier Conference would open the doors wide open for a football powerhouse program like the one the Stars currently enjoy.

32 minutes ago, superjay said:

Western Boone to Hoosier West.  Frankfort to Hoosier East.  It’s just makes sense.  Frankfort has no business in the Hoosier Heartland with a bunch of 1A schools.

Frankfort would go from doormat of the Sagamore to doormat of the Hoosier (East or West).  Wouldn't be a good move for the Hot Dogs.

WeBo would work in the Hoosier East or West.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, superjay said:

Western Boone to Hoosier West.  Frankfort to Hoosier East.  It’s just makes sense.  Frankfort has no business in the Hoosier Heartland with a bunch of 1A schools.

You don't understand the socioeconomic makeup of the city of Frankfort.  A larger enrollment is many times not the secret to athletic success

This past season Frankfort boy's basketball played 6 Hoosier Heartland schools:  Clinton Prairie, Clinton Central, Rossville, Sheridan, Delphi, Carroll.  Their record against those schools was 3-3.  Hardly domination.

6 hours ago, Muda69 said:

Last time I checked around 99% of the students in a government school system were children.

I'm sure the Hoosier Conference would open the doors wide open for a football powerhouse program like the one the Stars currently enjoy.

Nice deflection. You always say it’s about the children but apparently not WeBos children 

25 minutes ago, Donnie Baker said:

Nice deflection. You always say it’s about the children but apparently not WeBos children 

Yeah, primarily my children.  "The children" doesn't necessarily  mean "all children" now, does it?   And yes, I don't really care what happens to Webo's "children" regarding athletic conference affiliation.

22 hours ago, Muda69 said:

Is an 18 year old high school student still considered a "child" by U.S. laws and customs?

Great point. You are a tremendous steward of U.S. laws and customs. The state will provide for you and protect you at all times, just make sure to continue kneeling and do not lift your eyes.

59 minutes ago, Lucy Draper said:

The state will provide for you and protect you at all times, just make sure to continue kneeling and do not lift your eyes.

?  Somebody sounds a little pissy this morning.  Probably didn't eat her Wheaties this morning.

1 hour ago, Lucy Draper said:

Great point. You are a tremendous steward of U.S. laws and customs. The state will provide for you and protect you at all times, just make sure to continue kneeling and do not lift your eyes.

How many receive free lunch?  BTW, nice handle.  Decent flick.

8 hours ago, gonzoron said:

It’s Boomer talk, no matter how old you are. I suppose it could be that union privilege shining through.

That would be your union privilege, not mine. I have never been a member of a labor union and never will be.

1 hour ago, Muda69 said:

That would be your union privilege, not mine. I have never been a member of a labor union and never will be.

My union privilege lasted less than 2 years contiguous at 2 separate companies. When you were still in high school. Unlike you, I wasn't raised in a union home.

What are we warring about now?  Regardless, I've learned a lot about labor unions and breakfast foods as opposed to two fine athletic conferences.  BTW, I was born in the 1970, there I'm not a boomer...

Edited by Gipper
  • Like 1