4 minutes ago, foxbat said:

Oh, my bad ... you're not as entertaining as @Impartial_Observer.

Thank you.    But you are still the second smartest individual on the GID.

• Disdain 1

1 hour ago, Impartial_Observer said:

Great read. 

Never got the chance to see Zeppelin live, was able to catch Robert Plant at MSA back in 85.

I heard from friends that he puts on a great show.  Never saw him or Zeppelin live, but had friends in another band that used to play a lot of Plant and Zeppelin in their sets back in college.  I liked his later stuff from Now and Zen and Manic Nirvana, but there's something about Pictures at Eleven that's unrefined and gritty, in a good way, that always intrigued me.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, foxbat said:

I heard from friends that he puts on a great show.  Never saw him or Zeppelin live, but had friends in another band that used to play a lot of Plant and Zeppelin in their sets back in college.  I liked his later stuff from Now and Zen and Manic Nirvana, but there's something about Pictures at Eleven that's unrefined and gritty, in a good way, that always intrigued me.

I still have the first three on vinyl, I'd have to do some searching on CD's of the later albums. I loved the early albums. 

• Like 1

Came across my reading feeds this morning ... not sure why. 

https://getpocket.com/explore/item/the-curious-case-of-the-bog-bodies?utm_source=pocket-newtab

Always end up with suggested reading items that are off the norm of my regular reading trends.  Helps me stay well-rounded and also occasionally provides some really interesting reading that sparks additional interest or reading ... also provides a nice "distraction" for the day too.

• Like 1

https://www.theatlantic.com/family/archive/2020/02/sunday-scaries-anxiety-workweek/606289/?utm_source=pocket-newtab\

Of interest is the coverage of the four-day work week.  I recall when I used to have a T/Th teaching schedule, most of my week was crammed into three days and I probably did about 40 hours worth of work TWTh with some bits and pieces on Mondays and Fridays.  For the most part, it left my Sat/Sun open to really be "time off" from work.  I also found, interesting that I didn't have the "Monday Scaries" which might be assumed if it were just a question the last day before starting the work week.  Now, with a MWF teaching schedule ... especially when I teach 7:30 or 8:30 am classes, my weekends seem to be barely recognizable as weekends; especially with so many kid events tossed in for consideration.  It's much harder to "bundle" the work like I used to do with a TTh schedule and the work seems to be much more spread out over the five days plus weekend than jam-packed in three.  I'm seriously debating trying to get back in to the TTh teaching schedule again to see what that might do to my "Sunday Scaries."

Sign in to follow this