Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Reitz reverting to Purple & Orange to honor 100th anniversary of first city title

To celebrate the 100-year anniversary of Reitz Football’s first city championship, the Panthers will once more don their original school colors.

The Blue & Gray will be put away for the Central game and Reitz will sport the Purple & Orange for the first time in almost a century.

“I vividly remember watching that game in 1923,” remarked Mike Whicker, local author and former Reitz teacher and coach. “It was the first time we beat Central and it was a huge upset.”

The idea came from Cory Brunson, the Panthers’ head coach.

“Before there was the Blue & Gray, I remember hearing the stories about the Panthers playing in Purple & Gold. I wanted to bring that back, if only for one night.”

He said the plan is to only use the alternate colors for the Central game, but could use them again for other special circumstances.3838F5EF-4480-443F-AD88-D38B9622E9C1.thumb.jpeg.7f728a4c0c5099f382bf578814ffa6ed.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1