Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Ring one up for Hartman

BTF

Not sure how Buchner can win the quarterback battle after his team lost 24-0.  Sure the offensive line blocking was better for the Gold team giving Hartman more time to throw, but damn. This battle is over. 

• Like 1

IMO there was/is no battle. Hartman will be the 1. To be fair, Tyler Buchnar playing in a red jersey is a disservice to his skill set. But man, Hartman made some nice throws and great progressions/reads. And Buchnar, well, not so much. I think both will play this season but what Hartman potentially brings to the passing game could be special. 

2 hours ago, WolvesOnTheProwl said:

IMO there was/is no battle. Hartman will be the 1. To be fair, Tyler Buchnar playing in a red jersey is a disservice to his skill set. But man, Hartman made some nice throws and great progressions/reads. And Buchnar, well, not so much. I think both will play this season but what Hartman potentially brings to the passing game could be special. 

Hartman didn't come here from Wake Forest to sit on the bench. The coaching staff knows that. I agree that there never was any kind of a battle. I do hope Buchner sticks around. He should get his chance next year. 

1 hour ago, BTF said:

Hartman didn't come here from Wake Forest to sit on the bench. The coaching staff knows that. I agree that there never was any kind of a battle. I do hope Buchner sticks around. He should get his chance next year. 

I’ll be cheering for the Irish for at least one Saturday this fall…

53 minutes ago, temptation said:

That’s an interesting viewpoint. I completely understand it. But I’ll bet there are some people with allegiances similar to yours who will be rooting for the Buckeyes in that game. The better OSU’s record, the more impressive if Michigan beats them at the end of the year. 

5 minutes ago, Bobref said:

That’s an interesting viewpoint. I completely understand it. But I’ll bet there are some people with allegiances similar to yours who will be rooting for the Buckeyes in that game. The better OSU’s record, the more impressive if Michigan beats them at the end of the year. 

No real Michigan fan EVER roots for O$U nor should they.

I would love a win over an 0-11 O$U team just as much as over one that’s 11-0.

1 hour ago, temptation said:

Unfortunately for the Buckeyes, Hartman will have three games to warmup and finetune the offense. If this was a Week 1 game in South Bend, I'm probably taking Ohio State. Week 4 makes a difference. I'm picking the Irish in this one. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, BTF said:

Unfortunately for the Buckeyes, Hartman will have three games to warmup and finetune the offense. If this was a Week 1 game in South Bend, I'm probably taking Ohio State. Week 4 makes a difference. I'm picking the Irish in this one. 

Unfortunately, so will McCord.

31 minutes ago, BTF said:

Valid, but McCord is no Hartman.............that we know of as of yet. Advantage Irish. 

Hope so.  

Been waiting for the Buckeyes to miss on a quarterback for over 2 decades now.

Edited by temptation

It's a tough business. Winning is the name of the game, especially when you're paid millions to do so. I don't think any coach really want's to say, "hey guys, thanks for your commitment to the program and all the hard work you've put in, but we're bringing in someone from the outside to help improve our team." But they do it anyway to put wins on the board. I mean, you can't hardly blame them.............unless you place a higher value on integrity than you do salary. Dabo Swinney gets it. 

Good luck to Buchner, he deserves to play somewhere. 

6 hours ago, temptation said:

Hartman’s health just doubled in importance.

Lol, that's for damn sure. Freeman just needs to convince Buchner that he'll be more than just a backup quarterback. They could bring him in the game several times for different situations. The guy is dangerous with his legs. Degree from Notre Dame. Undoubtedly the starting QB next season. 

But there is a risk element with Buchner for the Alabama's of the world who thinks he could be their savior. His biggest issue is that he's injury prone. He can also be erratic with his passing game. But there's a world of potential with the right guidance. 

Again, it's a sick game of business. I'll take the high school game over college and pro any day.