Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Lewis Cass leaving Hoosier Conference next fall for TRC

On 4/28/2023 at 2:15 PM, Muda69 said:

Yes.

Ok, what do you believe is the cause of Frankfort's football malaise over the last decade or so?

I believe its people like you listening to people like you! Cry me a river, poor Frankfort has it rough.  I am not sure that is a great argument anymore. Every community has fallen on hard times.  Let's take a look at your alma mater, Maconaquah, for instance.  Economically that area was on top of the world in the 80's with great athletes.  The base was booming, Square D was in full swing, GM and Chrysler were doing well, and farmers were struggling a little. The schools athletics were ok.  Nothing super special, but they were always competitive and produced some top athletes.  In the 90's the base starts a transition and GM and Chrysler start slowing down.  By the 2000's things start getting rough.  The base is closing, GM is a shadow of its former self, and Chrysler takes a dip.  Square D lays people of and eventually closes by 2019 or so.  But somehow a school goes from something like 4% free and reduced lunch to around 70% free and reduced and we don't hear any crying out of them!  Cass would be in a very similar situation.  There was no industry keeping those communities afloat or breeding new life into the area, and yet they keep chugging along and doing ok in sports.  I suppose you can bring up the higher Latino numbers in Frankforts area, but those numbers have risen at Logansport.  Yet they are not complaining! Their sports aren't dominating, but they are't lobbying for a move to a 1A conference either.  

Then again, maybe your right...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Punttheball said:

I believe its people like you listening to people like you! Cry me a river, poor Frankfort has it rough.  I am not sure that is a great argument anymore. Every community has fallen on hard times.  Let's take a look at your alma mater, Maconaquah, for instance.  Economically that area was on top of the world in the 80's with great athletes.  The base was booming, Square D was in full swing, GM and Chrysler were doing well, and farmers were struggling a little. The schools athletics were ok.  Nothing super special, but they were always competitive and produced some top athletes.  In the 90's the base starts a transition and GM and Chrysler start slowing down.  By the 2000's things start getting rough.  The base is closing, GM is a shadow of its former self, and Chrysler takes a dip.  Square D lays people of and eventually closes by 2019 or so.  But somehow a school goes from something like 4% free and reduced lunch to around 70% free and reduced and we don't hear any crying out of them!  Cass would be in a very similar situation.  There was no industry keeping those communities afloat or breeding new life into the area, and yet they keep chugging along and doing ok in sports.  I suppose you can bring up the higher Latino numbers in Frankforts area, but those numbers have risen at Logansport.  Yet they are not complaining! Their sports aren't dominating, but they are't lobbying for a move to a 1A conference either.  

Then again, maybe your right...

Thanks for history lesson I already knew, since I lived a good chunk of it.....................

And as my late grandmother always said "I may not be right, but I'm never wrong."

Isn't Jay County in a similar sized conference as a 4A and doesn't dominate it? I don't see anything wrong with Frankfort joining that conference in order to compete. If they start dominating they can always join a larger conference again. Why won't Frankfort join the Hoosier? It's a better competitive fit than their current conference.

12 hours ago, AG said:

Isn't Jay County in a similar sized conference as a 4A and doesn't dominate it? I don't see anything wrong with Frankfort joining that conference in order to compete. If they start dominating they can always join a larger conference again. Why won't Frankfort join the Hoosier? It's a better competitive fit than their current conference.

I'm not sure if the Hoosier wants Frankfort.  It would become, if I'm not mistaken, the largest school in the conference enrollment wise.  Yet except for a couple of sports it's competition profile would be way down the list, especially football.

41 minutes ago, Letterkenny Irish said:

Next domino to fall in the Hoosier Conference, Northwestern to leave for the TRC with Cass?

A couple things will need to happen first.  I know that two teams have expressed interest in joining the TRC.  So not a done deal by any means.  If this Northwestern move would happen, it creates a different scenario for Cass.  Cass is taking over TV's schedule.  That hybrid TRC schedule rotates NM off of it every two years.  NM is the only other team currently thinking of accepting an invite to the HNAC.  NW could slide into that slot.  That would mean that Cass and NW would not be able to play each other for a two year stretch at different times.  Cass will be able to have one out of conference game scheduled. It must be game one.  This makes it impossible for Cass and NW to continue to play each other every year.  Northwestern's non conference game would be week two.  Cass will be able to maintain Pioneer as their game one.  It just adds a different twist.  

This is what I know, on Bomber Golf practice round, Coach Nowlin Shanked a Wedge, got thru a tree, hit a Tee box and bounced and hit a fella in the buttock.   That fella was Lewis Cass Head Coach, I would say that is Karma working !!  🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

42 minutes ago, Coach Nowlin said:

This is what I know, on Bomber Golf practice round, Coach Nowlin Shanked a Wedge, got thru a tree, hit a Tee box and bounced and hit a fella in the buttock.   That fella was Lewis Cass Head Coach, I would say that is Karma working !!  🤣

@Coach Nowlin on the third hole.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Coach Nowlin said:

"Karma." LOL

2 hours ago, Bears62 said:

Just saw on Twitter that Logansport has applied to be a member of the Hoosier Conference. Would be a solid addition to the HC and a big loss to what is left of the NCC

Seems kind of weird.  Why would Logansport vote Harrison and McCutcheon out of the NCC and then decide to jump ship?  Could have abstained in the voting unless they are just opportunistic and decided to strike while the Cass iron was hot.

Guess Harrison will get a chance to ask them first-hand on October 6.

4 hours ago, MarshallCounty said:

So with North Miami joining who else hops to the HNAC?

Benton Central?

16 hours ago, foxbat said:

Seems kind of weird.  Why would Logansport vote Harrison and McCutcheon out of the NCC and then decide to jump ship?  Could have abstained in the voting unless they are just opportunistic and decided to strike while the Cass iron was hot.

Guess Harrison will get a chance to ask them first-hand on October 6.

This may have been covered elsewhere, but what was the reasoning in McCutcheon and Harrison being voted out? 

LEWIS CASS
KINGS
Coach: Clayton Mannering, 11-18 in 4th year at school

DATE OPPONENT EASTERN TIME OA 0.0, DA 0.0
Aug. 18 at Pioneer 1A 7:00 pm    
Aug. 25   Northfield 1A © 7:00 pm    
Sep. 1   Peru 3A © 7:00 pm    
Sep. 8   North Miami 1A © 7:00 pm    
Sep. 15 at Rochester 2A © 7:00 pm    
Sep. 22   Whitko 2A © 7:00 pm    
Sep. 29 at Maconaquah 3A © 7:00 pm    
Oct. 6 at Manchester 2A © 7:00 pm    
Oct. 13   Southwood 1A © 7:00 pm

Nice and easy for Lewis Cass, so quick........ 

2 hours ago, Punttheball said:

What is that supposed to imply?

I am not the brightest crayon in the box but I think I can piece this puzzle together. He is implying that the newly revised schedule for Lewis Cass is much easier than before thus the reason he referred to the additions as cupcakes. Cass trading Ham. Heights, Tipton, and West Lafayette for North Miami, Maconaquah, and Manchester has to be nice. 

9 hours ago, vicvinegar said:

This may have been covered elsewhere, but what was the reasoning in McCutcheon and Harrison being voted out? 

Supposedly it was enrollment gap, geography, and competitive imbalance.  Realistically two of those make no sense at all as Jeff is situated between Harrison and McCutcheon geographically and Jeff is currently larger than both McCutcheon and Harrison.  Competitive imbalance because Harrison wins a lot of country club sports like tennis and wins the NCC all sports titles, but when it comes to the mainstream sports there's little dominance by Harrison that also doesn't show up in the Jeff history too.  See post below for more details, at least through 2020, on the competitive balance claim ... especially taking into account that Jeff was one of the schools voting out Harrison.  In essence Jeff is saying in that vote that 1) they can't compete with Harrison or 2) they want to have the inside track to easy football victories again ... because they sure can't be saying that Harrison and McCutcheon are too far away and that Harrison and McCutcheon are too big.

• Like 1

On 5/3/2023 at 7:49 PM, foxbat said:

Supposedly it was enrollment gap, geography, and competitive imbalance.  Realistically two of those make no sense at all as Jeff is situated between Harrison and McCutcheon geographically and Jeff is currently larger than both McCutcheon and Harrison.  Competitive imbalance because Harrison wins a lot of country club sports like tennis and wins the NCC all sports titles, but when it comes to the mainstream sports there's little dominance by Harrison that also doesn't show up in the Jeff history too.  See post below for more details, at least through 2020, on the competitive balance claim ... especially taking into account that Jeff was one of the schools voting out Harrison.  In essence Jeff is saying in that vote that 1) they can't compete with Harrison or 2) they want to have the inside track to easy football victories again ... because they sure can't be saying that Harrison and McCutcheon are too far away and that Harrison and McCutcheon are too big.

Maybe Jeff will be the next member of the HNAC?