Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Unusual games 2023

16 hours ago, Bobref said:

That is bizarre.

Doesn't appear to be a misprint or a one-sided mistake.  Here's Chula Vista's Maxprep schedule:

image.thumb.png.32c07d54c6a6efae95bb323926b57d33.png

Eastlake is flying 55 kids out. They are a year round school and have a 2 week break during that time frame. They will be visiting colleges in Chicago during their stay. 

Edited by Locky
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Locky said:

Eastlake is flying 55 kids out. They are a year round school and have a 2 week break during that time frame. They will be visiting colleges in Chicago during their stay. 

I don't know what the draw Chicago has over San Diego, but that's just me.  Actually, Chicago does have some excellent colleges: the University of Chicago, Northwestern, DePaul, and Loyola are among the best.

• Like 1

On 5/10/2023 at 1:28 PM, US31 said:

In my mind I hear "Holiday Road" from National Lampoon's Vacation playing while I look at this map.

Made that drive many times: the northern route through Colorado is the best one.

image.thumb.png.c84c00cbf13f762824fcc9a4ecd8e3dc.png

Edited by Gipper

On 5/10/2023 at 1:53 PM, tango said:

Probably less travel time than the 2019 game at Evansville Mater Dei, which might have been the longest travel for a HS football game in IHSAA history...

Heard there were special dispensations provided, along with Subways subs, at the rest break on the way home.

On 5/10/2023 at 2:28 PM, US31 said:

In my mind I hear "Holiday Road" from National Lampoon's Vacation playing while I look at this map.

Hopefully, they'll pad the schedule a couple of minutes to stop off and take a look at the Grand Canyon.

Clark Griswold Grand Canyon GIFs | Tenor

• Like 3

2 hours ago, foxbat said:

Heard there were special dispensations provided, along with Subways subs, at the rest break on the way home.

Hopefully, they'll pad the schedule a couple of minutes to stop off and take a look at the Grand Canyon.

Clark Griswold Grand Canyon GIFs | Tenor

I love the Grand Canyon, but it's hot as hell most of the year, but there was actually snow on the ground when I visited the South Rim a few years ago.

10 hours ago, scarab527 said:

Will this be the first time an Indiana team has played a team from California? 

More than likely since the 300 mile limit had several aspects. Even for neutral site games, a school's location still had to be within that limit. An example; back in 2006, Cathedral played in the Herbstreit Classic. Our opponent ended up being LaSalle HS from Cincy. One of the teams in the classic was Mission Viejo HS from California. Hoover HS (Alabama) was another. The AD at the time at Cathedral was asked if we would play Mission Viejo. Since they were outside the 300 mile range, even though Cincinnati is not, we could not play them. The only possibility a game took place would be prior to the 300 mile limit being in place. I cannot find how long it has been in place. 

On 5/13/2023 at 9:45 AM, Irishman said:

More than likely since the 300 mile limit had several aspects. Even for neutral site games, a school's location still had to be within that limit. An example; back in 2006, Cathedral played in the Herbstreit Classic. Our opponent ended up being LaSalle HS from Cincy. One of the teams in the classic was Mission Viejo HS from California. Hoover HS (Alabama) was another. The AD at the time at Cathedral was asked if we would play Mission Viejo. Since they were outside the 300 mile range, even though Cincinnati is not, we could not play them. The only possibility a game took place would be prior to the 300 mile limit being in place. I cannot find how long it has been in place. 

The good ol' Herbie Classic.   Saw some great games and players during its short run in Cincinnati.  Concord De La Salle played there one year but not against an Indiana team.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, BLACKGOLD2007 said:

I saw on Harrell that Penn has Hammond Morton this year....He also has us in against Cathedral 

Maxpreps has Penn playing Merrillville the day of the Valpo game, and two games on 9/8 against Morton and St. Mary's

IDK what is going on.

The MaxPreps schedule is often not reliable. The authority on scheduling in Indiana is johnharrell.net. 

Edited by BDGiant93
  • Like 2