Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Western Boone to leave Sagamore Conference, will form new six-team league

9 minutes ago, Jbk2 said:

There is supposed to be a housing addition in Thorntown but that is now on hold because people of Thorntown don't want it because they want the small town to stay a small town.

Smart choice.

1 hour ago, 1st_and_10 said:

Webo, CVille, North Montgomery, Southmont, North Putnam will be a league that schedules and plays those teams.  There are rules in place that all individual leagues have agreed to.  The Webo 6th grade team will also play Lebanon, Danville, and Tri-West because they need more games (I assume the other schools will pick up teams as well to fill a schedule).  We structure our league that Minors is 2nd/3rd grade, Majors is 4th/5th grade, and then a 6th grade team (1 team unless numbers dictate you can do more than 1).  Southmont and Lebanon's 6th grade teams are a school team (just like 7th and 8th grade football), but the other schools all run theirs as part of the youth organization.

The issues that we had between crossovers was that each league had its own set of rules.  Most were the same, but ball carrier weights, for example, might differ.  It might also be other things such as defense alignments, etc.  Since these were typically a week or two of crossover, we just kind of compromised where there were variances.

3 hours ago, vanhalenfor6 said:

The problem with the Lily development for WeBo is all the residential building is within Lebanon city limits after the mayor annexed land further out.  Lebanon will continue to grow and WeBo will only get the leftovers similar to how Tri-West and Danville have had in recent years with kids moving out of Avon and Brownsburg.  I think WeBo in 15 years or so will start to see residential growth but other than the farmers who sold land to the state, a lot of them aren't selling closer out to WeBo because no one wants the suburbs out here.

School boundaries are already set and are not changed by annexation.  If the area is part of the WeBo school district and is annexed by Lebanon, the school districts would have to agree on the boundaries being changed.  I believe in Indiana school boundaries are determined by township lines.  Those are not affected by annexation.

For an example, look at Noblesville and the number of Noblesville residents who attend HSE Schools.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Muda69 said:

Western or Sheridan would be my personal choices, but it will probably be North Putnam.

Sheridan has scrimmaged C'ville for many years, they play WeBo to open the season (goes back 40+ years) and they have played North Mont in years past.  They could compete with those schools, but not sure they would jump ship from the HHC.  I would think if they could keep Clinton Central on the schedule (the SHS/Kirklin-CC rivalry goes back over 100 years) that would keep some folks happy.

Edited by Ballhawk
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, foxbat said:

The issues that we had between crossovers was that each league had its own set of rules.  Most were the same, but ball carrier weights, for example, might differ.  It might also be other things such as defense alignments, etc.  Since these were typically a week or two of crossover, we just kind of compromised where there were variances.

The leagues have met and set all of those rules collectively.  

3 hours ago, Ballhawk said:

School boundaries are already set and are not changed by annexation.  If the area is part of the WeBo school district and is annexed by Lebanon, the school districts would have to agree on the boundaries being changed.  I believe in Indiana school boundaries are determined by township lines.  Those are not affected by annexation.

For an example, look at Noblesville and the number of Noblesville residents who attend HSE Schools.

Yes minor controversy years ago 5 star rb James Aldridge profile listed hometown crown point but school merrilllville  but part of that township in cp goes to merrillville and parts of cp goes to lake central.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ballhawk said:

Sheridan has scrimmaged C'ville for many years, they play WeBo to open the season (goes back 40+ years) and they have played North Mont in years past.  They could compete with those schools, but not sure they would jump ship from the HHC.  I would think if they could keep Clinton Central on the schedule (the SHS/Kirklin-CC rivalry goes back over 100 years) that would keep some folks happy.

Sheridan has been on Webo's schedule since 1997 not 40 + years

I don't know that the specific location of the Lilly development should matter too much.  People could easily live anywhere in Boone County and work there. 

The Western Boone school district encompasses the most land area in Boone County if I'm not mistaken.  From what I read, you won't be able to drive north of where Lilly is developing more than a mile or two before you get into the district.  The school name is a bit of a misnomer.  It does encompass all of the western side of Boone County but it also covers almost the entire northern 1/3 of the County all the way over until you run into Sheridan district.  

My guess is that there will be decent growth in the Webo district as a result of this.  Perhaps not as much as in Lebanon, but significant.  Certainly enough that I think their 2A days may be permanently in their past.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ballhawk said:

Found a good township map at the link below.  I think it aligns with school districts as follows:

Western Boone = Clinton, Washington, Sugar Creek, Jefferson, Jackson, Harrison

Lebanon = Center, Worth, Perry

Zionsville = Union, Eagle

Sheridan = Marion

Lilly is developing north of Lebanon in Center township between 65 and 39 I think.  Almost all Webo territory directly north.  

boone_twp.png

16 hours ago, wabashalwaysfights said:

The question remains: what do Lebanon, Tri-West, and Danville do?

I’m aware these are 3A and 4A schools but what’s the growth like? Could these potentially all be 4A schools at the very least in the future? Is there a possibility that these three could pick up the two Terre Haute schools down the road and save them from an unstable Conference Indiana?

On 5/11/2023 at 9:00 AM, Muda69 said:

How is a family moving out of Avon or Brownsburg to Danville or Lizton/Pittsboro a 'leftover'?   Families move all the time for all types of reasons.   Are they somehow told by the Avon or Brownsburg government school system that they are not worthy of the educational and extracurricular opportunities offered there, so they should move?

Sorry, "leftover" was a bad term.  I just know from my experiences as a player not too long ago talking with various Tri-West/Danville kids that I had known throughout the years they would talk about kids moving in because of better opportunity athletically and more attention 1-on-1 academically due to the smaller setting.  Numerous occasions I heard the same thing.  It didn't mean these kids weren't as good, but they possibly didn't fit the big school scheme so they moved out, nothing wrong with it. You see it with any smaller schools that are surrounded by larger ones that are rapidly growing.  

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Whiting89 said:

Yes minor controversy years ago 5 star rb James Aldridge profile listed hometown crown point but school merrilllville  but part of that township in cp goes to merrillville and parts of cp goes to lake central.

The actual CPHS building is actually well south of downtown Crown Point.  When I looked for a house in Crown Point, I learned the neighborhood I was interested was in the MHS school district.

On 5/11/2023 at 6:47 PM, XStar said:

I don't know that the specific location of the Lilly development should matter too much.  People could easily live anywhere in Boone County and work there. 

The Western Boone school district encompasses the most land area in Boone County if I'm not mistaken.  From what I read, you won't be able to drive north of where Lilly is developing more than a mile or two before you get into the district.  The school name is a bit of a misnomer.  It does encompass all of the western side of Boone County but it also covers almost the entire northern 1/3 of the County all the way over until you run into Sheridan district.  

My guess is that there will be decent growth in the Webo district as a result of this.  Perhaps not as much as in Lebanon, but significant.  Certainly enough that I think their 2A days may be permanently in their past.  

Webo will more than likely be 2A in the next enrolment count.  Could their enrolment go up as a result of the Lilly Development?  Absolutely.  But people or developers are going to pay a large premium for that farmland.  That they want to build houses on... The State and Lilly set the bar pretty high when they came in and purchased the land for $50K-$60K an acre... 

• Like 1

On 5/11/2023 at 4:46 PM, Jbk2 said:

Sheridan has been on Webo's schedule since 1997 not 40 + years

There was a break for 15 or so years, but they were on the schedule in the mid-70s.  We used to play elementary football games in a combined league for a number of years.  Marion Township in Boone County is part of the Sheridan district and a lot of families have relatives in both districts since the two schools technically share a border.

8 hours ago, 1st_and_10 said:

Webo will more than likely be 2A in the next enrolment count.  Could their enrolment go up as a result of the Lilly Development?  Absolutely.  But people or developers are going to pay a large premium for that farmland.  That they want to build houses on... The State and Lilly set the bar pretty high when they came in and purchased the land for $50K-$60K an acre... 

It will happen.  Might take 25 years, but Webo will be a big school.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, wabashalwaysfights said:

WCGrad92, you likely know the WIC far better than I do, what are they likely to do should NP, and later SP and Greencastle, make that move? I'm not sure how many teams are in the WIC, so are they likely to look to add someone? Stay pat?

Just my opinion, but they could go with 9 members (Brown County, Cascade, Cloverdale, Edgewood, Indian Creek, Northview, Owen Valley, Sullivan, West Vigo) and play 8 conference games in football plus 1 non-conference game.  9 is not ideal for sports like wrestling, track, etc. with conference events that are better suited to 8 members.  Maybe they convince Linton to be a 10th member in football and basketball, but that still doesn’t help the other sports.

On 5/16/2023 at 9:29 AM, WCGrad92 said:

just my Personal Opinion.  you never know in this world what may happen, just seems to make the most sense to me if Im being honest. With the size of those teams, the Putnam County school make the most sense.

Putnam County makes sense geographically, except for Frankfort.  Frankfort to South Putnam would be a 1.5 hour trip, and Greencastle is 1 hour, 25 minutes.

Them Hot Dogs wouldn't travel near that far if they were in the HHC.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, wabashalwaysfights said:

WCGrad92, you likely know the WIC far better than I do, what are they likely to do should NP, and later SP and Greencastle, make that move? I'm not sure how many teams are in the WIC, so are they likely to look to add someone? Stay pat?

They have plenty of members to stay pat if they like for sure.  cant remember what happened before, but maybe they go back for South Vermillion again???

6 minutes ago, WCGrad92 said:

They have plenty of members to stay pat if they like for sure.  cant remember what happened before, but maybe they go back for South Vermillion again???

I would struggle to see SV wanting to go back to that well. My understanding "through the grapevine" so to speak was that they regretted leaving the WRC in the first place and it was a bit of a struggle to get back in (the Parke Heritage consolidation helped that along immensely). Maybe they would want to go back at this point, but it would suprise me.