Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Best Places to Eat Before/After a Game in Your Area

Let's hear what places your area has to offer before or after a Friday night. I'm guessing some will say the following for the Decatur/Monroe area: West End, Galley, & Back 40. 

6 minutes ago, irishuncle411 said:

Lapel has a new brewery called Pax Verum that serves excellent craft beer.  Variety of food trucks on Friday nights as well for before or after game dining as well.

Made the long drive down to your field in 2016 when we played. Ended up hitting McDonald's in Anderson I believe on the way back. That was a long night.

Edit: It was Alexandria not Anderson that night.

Edited by Basementbias

At home (WW) the ONLY choice is the ribeye sandwiches from our concessions. Often imitated, never equaled. All other restaurants are 15+ minutes away and can not compete with our sandwiches.

When traveling to Paoli or Springs Valley I stop in Paoli at Porkys BBQ before the game. Springs Valley also requires a stop at West Baden Hotel for a hand dipped ice cream cone. Mitchell is a good excuse to go to Spring Mill Inn for the buffet. Perry Central I have to stop at Schwartz’s Amish Restaurant. Man I’m hungry, when does football start?

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, SenatorFan said:

At home (WW) the ONLY choice is the ribeye sandwiches from our concessions. Often imitated, never equaled. All other restaurants are 15+ minutes away and can not compete with our sandwiches.

When traveling to Paoli or Springs Valley I stop in Paoli at Porkys BBQ before the game. Springs Valley also requires a stop at West Baden Hotel for a hand dipped ice cream cone. Mitchell is a good excuse to go to Spring Mill Inn for the buffet. Perry Central I have to stop at Schwartz’s Amish Restaurant. Man I’m hungry, when does football start?

Gasthof!!!I  Sure that's in Montgomery, but the Reevers (Barr-Reeve HS) don't have a football team....

Before the Rebels get contracted, be sure to stop by the Colonial Inn in Kentland--incredible.

• Like 1

Before game, Marcella’s or SP19 (locates at Sandy Pines Golf Course). 

In the immediate area after the game, not much. Sidewalks roll up early around here. 

6 hours ago, SenatorFan said:

How did you not mention the cheesy potatoes King Phillip makes? Love those. Wish he'd leave a plate of those in the locker room for me. 

23 hours ago, Basementbias said:

Let's hear what places your area has to offer before or after a Friday night. I'm guessing some will say the following for the Decatur/Monroe area: West End, Galley, & Back 40. 

Closer to Heritage I would go to nine mile.

On 5/31/2019 at 6:30 PM, Titan20 said:

At GS...before R’z Cafe, Carriage Inn, Haub’s, Log Inn.   And after Sandy’s, Carriage Inn or Brass Ring

Not technically in Fort Branch...but Stolls fried chicken might be the best there is...the only competition to the Gastoff.

22 hours ago, jakone said:

Closer to Heritage I would go to nine mile.

Definitely. Shelby (mom's cousin) and Joe are relation of mine. I believe Joe's business partner is a distant cousin to my wife as well.

5 hours ago, Basementbias said:

Definitely. Shelby (mom's cousin) and Joe are relation of mine. I believe Joe's business partner is a distant cousin to my wife as well.

I have distant relation all around the area in fact one had or has a house across the road from nine mile.

On 6/2/2019 at 1:05 AM, SEAL_63 said:

Pretty much any pizza place in Vincennes. Both Bobes, Procopios, Old Chicago’s.

For Mexican cuisine, El Corral is the full package. A wonderful atmosphere with margaritas to die for. 

Back in the day, there was a pizza place that was closed after the game, but they fed the officials after the game. I can't recall the name of it. Had some fine pizza in there. 

19 hours ago, Olympian06 said:

Columbus - Zwanzigs or 450 North... 2 amazing, locally owned Brewery’s/restaurants 

Zwanzigs is da bomb. We eat there a lot after games. 

Closed after games, but if you're near Oldenburg, the Brau Haus is killer.

If you're down south, hustle up, they close fairly early, The New Albanian in New Albany rocks. Great pizza.

McQ's pub if you're near Roncalli.....if you can get in after the game.

In New Castle you HAVE to go to The Ice House and get the steak sandwich with onions. One of the best dive bars in Indiana. 

San Pedro Mexican in Charlestown is pretty good, a word of caution they quit selling alcohol an hour before closing time. 

Rubbin Butts near Sellersburg, reasonably priced BBQ that's really good. 

I'll be honest over 36 years, there's a bunch!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/2/2019 at 1:07 AM, SEAL_63 said:

Not technically in Fort Branch...but Stolls fried chicken might be the best there is...the only competition to the Gastoff.

can confirm, Stolls is amazing!

On 6/2/2019 at 6:34 AM, Muda69 said:

I like the South Street Smokehouse.

I second this!

• Like 1

I'll give a fat guys take on the PAC conference hot spots.  I'm only giving one(maybe 2) places for each.

Southridge - Gaslight - Good pizza, excellent stroms. Try the Johnny Dart sandwich if you haven't.  Los Dos Charros - grab a burrito before the game, and a margarita after!

Forest Park - Fleigs Cafe.  Locally owned, good food.  Not a ton of seating so show up early!

Gibson Southern - Log Inn. Family style, neat atmosphere, just a few minutes from the school.  COME HUNGRY!  Also, you can hit up Sandy's pizza.  You wont be sorry you did!

North Posey - Red Wagon.  Wide menu selections, and Cajun food.  

Heritage Hills - umm....whats good here???

South Spencer - Angelo's Pizza in Rockport

Tell City - Pourhous. Great menu, try the 2 inch pork chops, and excellent drink menu

Pike Central - No. 423 Smokehouse.  BBQ that melts in your mouth!