Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Best Places to Eat Before/After a Game in Your Area

• 2 weeks later...
19 hours ago, ED78 said:

Madison Grant area: Grains and Grill and Bad Dad Brewery.

Oak Hill area: Chuck wagon Pizza.

Eastbrook area: Ivanhoes.

Eastbrook  - just eat the ribeye sandwich at the game.   As good as any you will eat anywhere else.    

Here are a few of my favorites:

Chocolate Moose - Fairmount

Shorty's - Garrett

Voodoo Public House - Peru

Pizza Shack - Tipton

Payne's - Gas City

Dilly's - Akron

Mudbugs - Carmel

The first thing our gang does after establishing the "Game of the Week" is to determine the appropriate restaurant for the night.

• 2 weeks later...

If even going to Michigan City, Carlson's a drive inn about a mile or so from stadium has great ole fashion drive inn food. And, there is a local ice cream shop, bubbles across the street. All you need before a game !!

In New Haven, the OTB has a restaurant called VooDoo Lounge....great Cajun menu. The downside as a coach though, is it closes 30 minutes after the last horse race. The kitchen closes a bit earlier, so on road trips coming home, we have to call in our order. 😃

22 hours ago, Irishman said:

In New Haven, the OTB has a restaurant called VooDoo Lounge....great Cajun menu. The downside as a coach though, is it closes 30 minutes after the last horse race. The kitchen closes a bit earlier, so on road trips coming home, we have to call in our order. 😃

When in New Haven it is Rack and Helen's!    Had a bad experience at the VooDoo Lounge a week ago.    Bar-b-que jambalaya was so dry I could not eat it.   The gumbo and beignets were good but the jambalaya was disappointing.   

15 hours ago, whiteshoes said:

When in New Haven it is Rack and Helen's!    Had a bad experience at the VooDoo Lounge a week ago.    Bar-b-que jambalaya was so dry I could not eat it.   The gumbo and beignets were good but the jambalaya was disappointing.   

Racks is ok for me. My issue is they keep raising prices and the service is lacking most of the time. I did get ticked too when they started charging 4% more for using a card to pay and not cash. I also know that VooDoo is going to close down. The OTB part of it is going to expand, and allow for gaming machines.