Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

IFD Dandy Dozen 1A

My way too early picks:

1) Adams Central - 3rd time is a charm for the Jets.  They head into 2A with a blue ring.

2) Providence - South sleeper.  Young team in '22 bounced by Lutheran in the regional.  They avenge that loss in '23 in what will be considered an upset, but really isn't.

3) Lutheran - Name a single 1A/2A team in the last 20 years that graduated 15 seniors and were as good the following year.  I can't either.

4) South Putnam - Strong program, but won't make it through a tough sectional.

5) North Judson San Pierre - Advance based on returning experience, despite losing a lot to graduation.

6) North Decatur - See above.  I think they would have won it all had they made it past Lutheran in semi-state.

7) Carroll (Flora) - Someone has to win sectional 43.

8 ) Sheridan - Someone has to win sectional 45.

9) South Adams - Gets beat twice by big brother.  Again.

10) Milan - Not much size, but scrappy.

North:  AC over NJSP

South: Providence over North Decatur

State:  AC over Providence

41 minutes ago, kdets89 said:

3) Lutheran - Name a single 1A/2A team in the last 20 years that graduated 15 seniors and were as good the following year.  I can't either.

LCC in 2009?  Graduated 18 seniors and went 15-0 the next season.  Also, 2010 they graduated 13 seniors and went 15-0 the following season. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kdets89 said:

My way too early picks:

1) Adams Central - 3rd time is a charm for the Jets.  They head into 2A with a blue ring.

2) Providence - South sleeper.  Young team in '22 bounced by Lutheran in the regional.  They avenge that loss in '23 in what will be considered an upset, but really isn't.

5) North Judson San Pierre - Advance based on returning experience, despite losing a lot to graduation.

6) North Decatur - See above.  I think they would have won it all had they made it past Lutheran in semi-state.

Been to 7 of the last 9 semi states. I get you may have graduated alot and Providence had 3 seniors I believe but ill trust the reload happens. 

1 hour ago, kdets89 said:

My way too early picks:

North Decatur graduated some big pieces. I think they take a step back. 

4 hours ago, kdets89 said:

My way too early picks:

Hope you're right, but that QB you had is returning correct? Lutheran is still the top dog until they aren't. Our Jets should be pretty good if healthy, but have a couple key spots to replace. If they don't figure those out, it could be trouble. I think this maybe the last go around in 1A for awhile. Our enrollment seems to be increasing to maintain a 2A level regardless of success factor. I'm somewhat for it with having family going to be competing at SA and AC in the future. Love to see all 3 Adams County schools make a LOS trip the same year in the future. Doubt it ever happens but I can dream!

21 hours ago, foxbat said:

Feels strange not seeing Pioneer in a Top 12 ranking for 1A.

Pioneer will be down again this year, unless some young guys really step up. Currently looking at ~ 6-7 juniors and seniors total out for the team. If we go double tight again o line will most likely consist of 6 sophomores and 1 junior.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, FarmerFran said:

Pioneer will be down again this year, unless some young guys really step up. Currently looking at ~ 6-7 juniors and seniors total out for the team. If we go double tight again o line will most likely consist of 6 sophomores and 1 junior.

Definitely sounds like a rebuilding year.

8 hours ago, FarmerFran said:

i do believe the QB for Lutheran is only a JR this year. Being from Monrovia i got to see him a couple times last year and he is LEGIT! So is the kid from Triton Central, the ICC has some of the best QB's in the state this year.

On 7/29/2023 at 1:24 PM, MarshallCounty said:

No clue, Triton fans say he didn’t decide to play. Bremen has a 1300 yard back from last year, not playing his senior year. 

Unfortunately in a lot of 1A and 2A programs around the state, football is becoming a dying breed. Its too easy for kids to say they just want to focus on basketball or baseball all through the year, or quite simply just not play sports. Thats fine if you are going to the gym and getting 1,000 shots up a day and living in the weight room 365 days a year. Kids aren't actually doing it tho. What's even worse are the coaches in different sports are encouraging kids to be 1 sport athletes. Just an absolute shame.

15 minutes ago, First_Backer_Inside said:

Unfortunately in a lot of 1A and 2A programs around the state, football is becoming a dying breed. It’s too easy for kids to say they just want to focus on basketball or baseball all through the year, or quite simply just not play sports. Thats fine if you are going to the gym and getting 1,000 shots up a day and living in the weight room 365 days a year. Kids aren't actually doing it tho. What's even worse are the coaches in different sports are encouraging kids to be 1 sport athletes. Just an absolute shame.

You’re not wrong. Sadly in most cases more and more, they just don’t play anything. 

8 hours ago, First_Backer_Inside said:

Unfortunately in a lot of 1A and 2A programs around the state, football is becoming a dying breed. Its too easy for kids to say they just want to focus on basketball or baseball all through the year, or quite simply just not play sports. Thats fine if you are going to the gym and getting 1,000 shots up a day and living in the weight room 365 days a year. Kids aren't actually doing it tho. What's even worse are the coaches in different sports are encouraging kids to be 1 sport athletes. Just an absolute shame.

I'll add that kids are not allowed to just be kids anymore. A small school athlete most likely plays 2 or 3 sports. Then you have all 3 coaches wanting them to do all of the summer or off season conditioning, scrimmages or tournaments. For a teen today, it is almost like a full time job. Go to baseball, then basketball then football. When do they have time to unwind and just enjoy their teen years? 1 week in July? Add to that coaches pressuring them to play only 1 sport. Where does it end? I can assure you that burnout is for real. I'm not saying that is what has happened with the kid from Triton, but seems to be happening more and more.

• Like 2

On 7/27/2023 at 7:14 PM, MarshallCounty said:

North Decatur graduated some big pieces. I think they take a step back. 

North wll be taking a step back this year. As of now they have no real definite big name players. They have a good WR that returned but new QB and back field. OL will be decent but not like last year. I see them out of the top 10 in a few weeks.

36 minutes ago, Oldschool said:

This is Triton RB twitter post from a while back9CC73A7D-AC99-4730-AB63-B9BA18AFC16B.thumb.png.f2109f31e29fc89c4db10c490c4459ea.png

Sounds like he's considering seminary.  That's what LCC's Thomas Haan did.  Finished high school in the IHSAA's top 25 passers ... at the time ... went on to Purdue, but then felt called to enter the priesthood.  https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/college/purdue/2015/10/10/sunday-morning-quarterback-walk--purdue-qb-turned-priest/72980258/

Hope this young man finds what he's looking for or being called to.

28 minutes ago, foxbat said:

Sounds like he's considering seminary.  That's what LCC's Thomas Haan did.  Finished high school in the IHSAA's top 25 passers ... at the time ... went on to Purdue, but then felt called to enter the priesthood.  https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/college/purdue/2015/10/10/sunday-morning-quarterback-walk--purdue-qb-turned-priest/72980258/

Hope this young man finds what he's looking for or being called to.

I respect this a lot more than others who would rather just not play and partake in bad habits.