Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

SAC week 4

2 hours ago, temptation said:

Is the gap between the haves and the have nots as big as its ever been in this conference?

@BTF?

Seems like a bunch of yawners and just waiting for the Carroll/Snider showdown…

I would say so, but there is always the chance that Snider and/or Carroll have an off night against a middle tier team.

Is the gap between the haves and the have nots as big as its ever been in this conference?

@BTF?

Seems like a bunch of yawners and just waiting for the Carroll/Snider showdown…

Yes. It's looking like Snider, Carroll, then everyone else. I thought Homestead beat a decent Wayne team, so they are a "wait and see." Are the Spartans the team that almost beat Carmel, or the team that got embarrassed by Noblesville? The Spartans won't give us any clarity this week against Northrop. The top two in the conference are as good as any of the SAC's top two in recent memory. Three through eight appear to be weaker than I can ever remember. All we can hope for is that Homestead, Dwenger, North Side, and Wayne continue to improve. Otherwise, lot's of "yawners." For the first time in a long time, the SAC probably can't make a claim as the state's third best conference. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, BTF said:

Yes. It's looking like Snider, Carroll, then everyone else. I thought Homestead beat a decent Wayne team, so they are a "wait and see." Are the Spartans the team that almost beat Carmel, or the team that got embarrassed by Noblesville? The Spartans won't give us any clarity this week against Northrop. The top two in the conference are as good as any of the SAC's top two in recent memory. Three through eight appear to be weaker than I can ever remember. All we can hope for is that Homestead, Dwenger, North Side, and Wayne continue to improve. Otherwise, lot's of "yawners." For the first time in a long time, the SAC probably can't make a claim as the state's third best conference. 

Is North Side healthy yet?

Dwenger-Carroll....the Saints pulled out an ugly win Friday but this Dwenger team just isn't very good. Carroll should be able to win this one by as many as they want...Chargers by 35+

Luers-Wayne...game of the week? woof. Interested to see how Wayne bounces back after losing big to Homestead. Luers struggled with Northrop early but seemed to get it figured out...Generals by 3 

North Side-Concordia...good news for North Side is they have hit the easier part of their schedule. I think they have too much athleticism for Concordia, but if things don't go their way early, they could implode...Legends by 21

Northrop-Homestead...Homestead put it on Wayne, but this team is still a mystery to me, should handle Northrop easily...Spartans by 28

South Side-Snider...after seeing some of the backlash on Carroll you think Snider calls off the dogs earlier this week? Or do they go for 80? Panthers by however much they want.

18 hours ago, jakone said:

Dwenger at Carroll

Luers at Wayne

North Side at Concordia

Northrop at Homestead

South Side at Snider

Carroll by 42

Wayne by 21

north Side by 14

homestead by 45

Snider by 50

The once mighty SAC is no more.  It consists of 3.5 good teams and soon to be 3 if Dwenger doesn’t fix a few things. 

2 hours ago, IPFWFootball said:

after seeing some of the backlash on Carroll you think Snider calls off the dogs earlier this week? Or do they go for 80? Panthers by however much they want.

Snider doesn't run the score up. They're not out to impress anyone at the expense of a struggling program. I wouldn't be surprised to see a 35-0 game. If they hit the 49 or 56 mark, that's just indicative of how well the 2nd stringers play. 

26 minutes ago, OldschoolFB said:

The once mighty SAC is no more.  It consists of 3.5 good teams and soon to be 3 if Dwenger doesn’t fix a few things. 

The SAC is just having a down year. Snider, Carroll, and Homestead are staples. Wayne and Concordia have good coaching. I think Ben Johnson will continue having North Side compete. Luers is having a down year, but are still a good program. Same story with Northrop and South Side. Dwenger is the only question mark in my opinion.........not sure what's going on over there. 

• Like 1

To me, a conference's strength is determined by its middle tier/bottom teams.  Luers and Dwenger being down unfortunately hurts the conference's perception as they are usually players at the state level in their respective classes.  I remember the days, when it was a legitimate discussion that the SAC could win 3 of the 6 state titles and at the top it appears Snider (sorry Carroll) is the only one with a shot in their class.

Edited by temptation

47 minutes ago, temptation said:

To me, a conference's strength is determined by its middle tier/bottom teams.  Luers and Dwenger being down unfortunately hurts the conference's perception as they are usually players at the state level in their respective classes.  I remember the days, when it was a legitimate discussion that the SAC could win 3 of the 6 state titles and at the top it appears Snider (sorry Carroll) is the only one with a shot in their class.

Agree. But I do think the SAC is just experiencing a "down year." Three short years ago Luers finished 3-6 in the SAC and were a fluke finish away from winning the state championship. Two years ago, the Knights were a victim of an upset, plain and simple. They were the best team in 2A, possibly 3A. Whatever is happening at Dwenger is sure to be fixed. They love their football. 

I wouldn't say that Carroll doesn't have a "shot." But unfortunately, that "shot" is less than a 10% chance. They'll be dangerous if they continue to get better over the course of the next six weeks. They have a stingy defense and a junior quarterback who's already getting D1 offers. Unfortunately though, 6A appears to be a three team race right now with Ben Davis and Brownsburg on Center Grove's tail. I put Carroll on equal footing with teams like Cathedral and HSE. 

(I deleted my last line, not wanting to hijack the SAC thread. Seek Temp's Top 25) 

1 hour ago, BTF said:

Agree. But I do think the SAC is just experiencing a "down year." Three short years ago Luers finished 3-6 in the SAC and were a fluke finish away from winning the state championship. Two years ago, the Knights were a victim of an upset, plain and simple. They were the best team in 2A, possibly 3A. Whatever is happening at Dwenger is sure to be fixed. They love their football. 

I wouldn't say that Carroll doesn't have a "shot." But unfortunately, that "shot" is less than a 10% chance. They'll be dangerous if they continue to get better over the course of the next six weeks. They have a stingy defense and a junior quarterback who's already getting D1 offers. Unfortunately though, 6A appears to be a three team race right now with Ben Davis and Brownsburg on Center Grove's tail. I put Carroll on equal footing with teams like Cathedral and HSE. 

(I deleted my last line, not wanting to hijack the SAC thread. Seek Temp's Top 25) 

WAY less than 10%.

WAY less than 10%.

Not saying you're wrong, but I've always been a risk taker. I'll stick with 10%. Good QB play and good defense is a pretty good recipe for a champion team. They may not even get out of the north, Crown Point is looking pretty good. 

5 hours ago, temptation said:

WAY less than 10%.

It is better than 10%. They played HSE at HSE in the first game of the year and Carroll will get better as the year goes on. Nobody in the North is heads and shoulders better than Carroll. They can be playing for a state title depending on the matchups leading to State. 

Carroll 56 - Dwenger 13 - Saints totally overmatched in this game

Wayne 28 - Luers 14 - This will the closest game this week, sadly

North Side 35 - Concordia 13 - Legends get their first win

Homestead 42 - Northrop 14 - Sparty with an easy win

Snider 49 - South Side 6 - Panther can name the score if they wanted, but Tippmann does not run up the score on anyone, see the Concordia game

10 minutes ago, Komets2727 said:

It is better than 10%. They played HSE at HSE in the first game of the year and Carroll will get better as the year goes on. Nobody in the North is heads and shoulders better than Carroll. They can be playing for a state title depending on the matchups leading to State. 

“Playing for” sure…greater than 10 percent…they can match up with anyone out of the north.

The problem is Cathedral, Ben Davis, Brownsburg or Center Grove will be coming out of the south.

Less than 3 percent.

I have my opinion on what's wrong with Dwenger. All I will say is that program has been on the decline since 2019. The revolving door of coaches. They are now on their 3rd OC.

The last one quit half way through a season. They are trying to relive the Glory days of the late 1980s. This may upset a few people when I say this. It all starts with one guy.

Carroll will win big this Friday. I am skipping the game. 

This week's winners:

Wayne, Homestead, North and the 2023 SAC Champs will kill South (why even play starters)

11 hours ago, Mebuck said:

I have my opinion on what's wrong with Dwenger. All I will say is that program has been on the decline since 2019. The revolving door of coaches. They are now on their 3rd OC.

The last one quit half way through a season. They are trying to relive the Glory days of the late 1980s. This may upset a few people when I say this. It all starts with one guy.

This week's winners:

Wayne, Homestead, North and the 2023 SAC Champs will kill South (why even play starters)

Couldn't agree more.....

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Mebuck said:

This week's winners:

I will say that there are problems at the corner of Washington Center and Clinton fir the Saints. I don’t see this turning around anytime soon either. I am starting to believe that the SAC is going to be revolving around Carroll, Snider, and Homestead for the next several years

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Komets2727 said:

I will say that there are problems at the corner of Washington Center and Clinton fir the Saints. I don’t see this turning around anytime soon either. I am starting to believe that the SAC is going to be revolving around Carroll, Snider, and Homestead for the next several years

It's been trending THAT way for a few years.  The occasional 'outlier' pops up and makes things tricky....  Washington Center/Clinton and over on State Street.  

I'll continue to suggest, that in order for their to be any sort 'competitiveness' for the BIG boys....  A FOOTBALL ONLY fall conference is the way to go.  

Perhaps 5-7 teams scattered over Northern/Central Indiana, allowing 2 or 3 weeks of out of conference games to continue traditional rivalries.  This also could encompass a team or 2 in the current NE8 perhaps. 

I don't think this so farfetched;  In that there are currently 2 schools that AREN'T 'actually' members of the SAC in any traditional sense.  They could bolt anytime they want in the 'money' sports for all intents and purposes. 

If you've proven that you are more than competitive in the SAC after being forced out of the NEIAC...and told that you you would NOT be a factor in the SAC.....Well, that didn't age well, did it?  So why not try to seek better horizons?  

4 hours ago, Yuccaguy said:

It's been trending THAT way for a few years.  The occasional 'outlier' pops up and makes things tricky....  Washington Center/Clinton and over on State Street.  

I'll continue to suggest, that in order for their to be any sort 'competitiveness' for the BIG boys....  A FOOTBALL ONLY fall conference is the way to go.  

Perhaps 5-7 teams scattered over Northern/Central Indiana, allowing 2 or 3 weeks of out of conference games to continue traditional rivalries.  This also could encompass a team or 2 in the current NE8 perhaps. 

I don't think this so farfetched;  In that there are currently 2 schools that AREN'T 'actually' members of the SAC in any traditional sense.  They could bolt anytime they want in the 'money' sports for all intents and purposes. 

If you've proven that you are more than competitive in the SAC after being forced out of the NEIAC...and told that you you would NOT be a factor in the SAC.....Well, that didn't age well, did it?  So why not try to seek better horizons?  

Good post. I agree with you. Snider, Carroll, Homestead, Dwenger, North Side, Warsaw, East Noble, and let’s say Penn. This would be football only. It would be a more competitive conference for sure, the 78-6 blowouts would be out the door. These are all 4A, 5A, and 6A teams

• Like 1