Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

SAC week 4

13 hours ago, Komets2727 said:

I will say that there are problems at the corner of Washington Center and Clinton fir the Saints. I don’t see this turning around anytime soon either. I am starting to believe that the SAC is going to be revolving around Carroll, Snider, and Homestead for the next several years

You are 100% correct!!  They better change quickly or it’s going to get really bad. 

On 9/5/2023 at 9:34 PM, Mebuck said:

I have my opinion on what's wrong with Dwenger. All I will say is that program has been on the decline since 2019. The revolving door of coaches. They are now on their 3rd OC.

The last one quit half way through a season. They are trying to relive the Glory days of the late 1980s. This may upset a few people when I say this. It all starts with one guy.

Carroll will win big this Friday. I am skipping the game. 

This week's winners:

Wayne, Homestead, North and the 2023 SAC Champs will kill South (why even play starters)

This is the best post I’ve read on here about the problems at Dwenger.  Everyone’s afraid to say it.   There were a handful of wise people that knew this immediately (even in 2018) and since then we’ve seen the talent in 2019 and 20 and even in 21 ( didn’t have the line to make a deep run)get completely wasted. Should have at the very least been to State in 19 and 20 and had the talent to win both years (would’ve been a tall order against New Pal and Cathedral but the kids deserved a shot) Between 2018 and 2021 they produced 3 Division 1 linemen and another (arguably the best behind Joe T)plays locally. They have also sent 5 other players to D1, have had 2 player of the year players.  18 All State Players.  One of the most prolific passers in SAC history arguably their best MLB in history and Didn’t use ant least 5 other kids on offense and played D only which held them back from college offers.  Even last year they wasted a couple kids ability as well. Dwenger is more than capable of winning 5A.  This 4A excuse to me is sickening.  The old guard never would have backed down from the 5A challenge.  They would have seen it as an opportunity.  
That’s all I have.  I need a Tylenol. 

• Like 1

What can be stated about the BD Saints? No one would want to make excuses, but then again, any critiquing pretty much sums up excuses. Where should we begin? Oh, I know student enrollment for the four grades is 930. That number is within the bottom third of Class 4A. A couple of years back, the enrollment was about 1060. And yes, then they were playing in Class 5A. Not every year will produce a banner season with the changing of the athletes' blend. There must be a reshuffling of top performers between all of the eligible athletes; usually, these are from grade 10 through grade 12. Then, there is the change of the position's coaching staff from year to year. Some stay many seasons, and others want to find out how effective they will be in their responsibilities. They make their enthusiasm known and stay for another season or more,e relishing their time with the athletes. Others make an early exit after a season or two. Not everyone on the staff may have the coaching longevity or the gravelly voice of one J. Fred Tone. "Sudden Change!"

53 minutes ago, roaringthunderdlr said:

Snider 69 South Side 0

Homestead 42 Northrop 6

North Side 35 Concordia 13

Wayne 28 Luers 21

Carroll 37 Dwenger 7

Running score up to 69 is not in Snider's playbook, I think they top out around 49 to 56 max

1 hour ago, statmurp_10 said:

What can be stated about the BD Saints? No one would want to make excuses, but then again, any critiquing pretty much sums up excuses. Where should we begin? Oh, I know student enrollment for the four grades is 930. That number is within the bottom third of Class 4A. A couple of years back, the enrollment was about 1060. And yes, then they were playing in Class 5A. Not every year will produce a banner season with the changing of the athletes' blend. There must be a reshuffling of top performers between all of the eligible athletes; usually, these are from grade 10 through grade 12. Then, there is the change of the position's coaching staff from year to year. Some stay many seasons, and others want to find out how effective they will be in their responsibilities. They make their enthusiasm known and stay for another season or more,e relishing their time with the athletes. Others make an early exit after a season or two. Not everyone on the staff may have the coaching longevity or the gravelly voice of one J. Fred Tone. "Sudden Change!"

Why the drop in enrollment over the past few years? Are Dwenger families saving money and sending their kids to Carroll? Carroll has good academics and athletics, one of the better public schools in the state. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Komets2727 said:

Good post. I agree with you. Snider, Carroll, Homestead, Dwenger, North Side, Warsaw, East Noble, and let’s say Penn. This would be football only. It would be a more competitive conference for sure, the 78-6 blowouts would be out the door. These are all 4A, 5A, and 6A teams

Remove East Noble and put Elkhart in (no disrespect to the Knights as they would likely hold their own in the conference) - but this is all hypothetical, at least for the Tigers. I do not see them leaving the NLC, maybe ever.

2 hours ago, BTF said:

Why the drop in enrollment over the past few years? Are Dwenger families saving money and sending their kids to Carroll? Carroll has good academics and athletics, one of the better public schools in the state. 

Luers has it's biggest freshman classes in years, most parents said athletics were a big factor in their decision. They now have a waiting list to get in.

6 hours ago, jakone said:

Luers has it's biggest freshman classes in years, most parents said athletics were a big factor in their decision. They now have a waiting list to get in.

Reason for the large enrollment and Dwenger’s shrinking enrollment is….. 3, 2, 1….

• Like 1

8 hours ago, psaboy said:

Running score up to 69 is not in Snider's playbook, I think they top out around 49 to 56 max

100% agree with this. Snider does not run up the score against anyone. One thing I will say about the Snider coaches is they respect the game and never disrespect an opponent. That is not true with other teams, just saying

• Like 1

15 hours ago, statmurp_10 said:

What can be stated about the BD Saints? No one would want to make excuses, but then again, any critiquing pretty much sums up excuses. Where should we begin? Oh, I know student enrollment for the four grades is 930. That number is within the bottom third of Class 4A. A couple of years back, the enrollment was about 1060. And yes, then they were playing in Class 5A. Not every year will produce a banner season with the changing of the athletes' blend. There must be a reshuffling of top performers between all of the eligible athletes; usually, these are from grade 10 through grade 12. Then, there is the change of the position's coaching staff from year to year. Some stay many seasons, and others want to find out how effective they will be in their responsibilities. They make their enthusiasm known and stay for another season or more,e relishing their time with the athletes. Others make an early exit after a season or two. Not everyone on the staff may have the coaching longevity or the gravelly voice of one J. Fred Tone. "Sudden Change!

You are aware that the head chief demoted his OC a couple years back but forgot to inform the general public he was calling plays and setting personnel?
the coach let go, or demoted, was doing a great job, the kids loved him and so did the students at the school.  He actually did care about the kids.  It was about making them better as opposed to himself.  You know the way one J Fred Tone used to.  I guess after he left, there was “Sudden Change”.  

14 hours ago, BTF said:

It’s Probably because the entire school is run by people who are seeking the destination of the job for their own personal satisfaction as opposed to it being a calling to help our youth.  There are good teachers and staff and a few coaches that are good but overall anyone hired anymore seems to be just another cog in the protect each other machine and the we are always right and know better than you machine.  
There isn’t any self reflection with any of the major sports at Bd on the boys side and very few on the girls.  We used to take pride in greatness and working harder and achieving more.  We used to applaud taking on challenges.  Now our coaches expect to win and have the kids do it for them.  They don’t teach the sport like they used to and if a good one comes in, they’re run out because it isn’t “fair” to those who aren’t starting.  Which by the way, complaining about not playing is just a passive way of being competitive and not very “fair” to the kids who have worked harder.  
just my thoughts.  Don’t get mad at my response as you asked the question. 

14 minutes ago, OldschoolFB said:

You are aware that the head chief demoted his OC a couple years back but forgot to inform the general public he was calling plays and setting personnel?
the coach let go, or demoted, was doing a great job, the kids loved him and so did the students at the school.  He actually did care about the kids.  It was about making them better as opposed to himself.  You know the way one J Fred Tone used to.  I guess after he left, there was “Sudden Change”.  

4 minutes ago, OldschoolFB said:

It’s Probably because the entire school is run by people who are seeking the destination of the job for their own personal satisfaction as opposed to it being a calling to help our youth.  There are good teachers and staff and a few coaches that are good but overall anyone hired anymore seems to be just another cog in the protect each other machine and the we are always right and know better than you machine.  
There isn’t any self reflection with any of the major sports at Bd on the boys side and very few on the girls.  We used to take pride in greatness and working harder and achieving more.  We used to applaud taking on challenges.  Now our coaches expect to win and have the kids do it for them.  They don’t teach the sport like they used to and if a good one comes in, they’re run out because it isn’t “fair” to those who aren’t starting.  Which by the way, complaining about not playing is just a passive way of being competitive and not very “fair” to the kids who have worked harder.  

Let's not drop to the level of disparaging an entire program/institution...even if you may/may not have a feeling that you're correct.  

There are ebbs and flows with all things.  

I am sure that what's going on at Washington Center/Clinton will change soon.  To suggest that the legacy of a program would be lost that quickly, considering that they have feeders that have allowed them to succeed is all but gone....is preposterous.  

Besides, what are many bloggers gonna do with their P/P postings if Dwenger drops off the map?   

9 hours ago, OldschoolFB said:

I have no affiliation with Dwenger, so no reason to be mad. Also no reason to be mad at a response that come from the heart versus going on the attack. I've always admired Dwenger both academically and athletically. I wish them the very best moving forward. Fort Wayne football isn't the same without Dwenger competing for the SAC championship. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Yuccaguy said:

Let's not drop to the level of disparaging an entire program/institution...even if you may/may not have a feeling that you're correct.  

There are ebbs and flows with all things.  

I am sure that what's going on at Washington Center/Clinton will change soon.  To suggest that the legacy of a program would be lost that quickly, considering that they have feeders that have allowed them to succeed is all but gone....is preposterous.  

Besides, what are many bloggers gonna do with their P/P postings if Dwenger drops off the map?   

I am just stating the facts. I love Dwenger.  But it’s a lot closer to being  an ehhh type of team.  The wrong power broker in charge.  They don’t know anything about athletics and the powers that be are beholden to them.   And the worst part about it is they have know clue as to what they don’t know. 

14 hours ago, BTF said:

I have no affiliation with Dwenger, so no reason to be mad. Also no reason to be mad at a response that come from the heart versus going on the attack. I've always admired Dwenger both academically and athletically. I wish them the very best moving forward. Fort Wayne football isn't the same without Dwenger competing for the SAC championship. 

I agree.  100%.  We are also 1-3 and two plays a way from having 3 running clocks out on us.  We’ve had 5 running clocks in 2 years and 4 games. Moeller is 1-3 ve the rest of Indiana including 4A East Central.  
I listen to Our parents and we are now the crowd they thinks we played well when we lost 40-13.  That’s how far it’s fallen.  There is no other way to slice it. 

20 minutes ago, OldschoolFB said:

I am just stating the facts. I love Dwenger.  But it’s a lot closer to being  an ehhh type of team.  The wrong power broker in charge.  They don’t know anything about athletics and the powers that be are beholden to them.   And the worst part about it is they have know clue as to what they don’t know. 

So should BDHS defeat HHS next week...  would that 'temper' a bit of the situation?

I have no 'dog' in this situation...  just merely navigating the current state of affairs on Washington Center and Clinton. 

And yes...to your concern.  It is a bit different at this point.  But then again, so are the Carroll Chargers as it relates to one of your implications on the state of affairs.  

On 9/9/2023 at 12:45 AM, Yuccaguy said:

So should BDHS defeat HHS next week...  would that 'temper' a bit of the situation?

I have no 'dog' in this situation...  just merely navigating the current state of affairs on Washington Center and Clinton. 

And yes...to your concern.  It is a bit different at this point.  But then again, so are the Carroll Chargers as it relates to one of your implications on the state of affairs.  

Carroll being good has very little to do with Dwenger’s slide.  There are enough players for Dwenger to have competed with its first 2 opponents and they could have beaten Carroll.  Every time? No but 1 of 5.  The staff finds ways to put the team in a bad spot.  For example going for it on 4th and 15 on own 15.  Or in 2020 against Zionsville going for it on 4th and 3 on own 39 with 1 min left in 3rd up 20-6.  Momentum shift that cost us the game. Or not playing their best in 2019 in semi state until a few injuries or not playing several key players in 2121 on offense or not using the running back they did use in 2121 often enough.  Ie) Carroll and HHS and Snider housed us and he was only used in 1 series.  And they had 3 guys in D at least as good.  Or not letting Skarie play much D last year after being All Sac as Jr or playing a coaches son or nephew  who has no business playing and I mean NO BUSINESS (2019 O Line) this year first 2 games at Safety, many Tippmann’s who are at running back(we had zero play there and all of the sudden 2 brothers were very good at that spot(still not best option save for you gets SR year) and now we HAVE to have one playing there?  Or NEVER giving outmatched corners help because our Cb could cover in the CYO supposedly. 
I could go on and on and on and on.  It’s very difficult to watch.  
To answer your question about HHS, no it would t matter because this coach will do things like this, he will play the right guys when his backs against the wall and the kids make plays when given the chance.  For example, Snider in the playoffs in 2021. That Saints team was very good and finished 7-5.  Pathetic. 
And they won’t beat HHS. But if we do, that makes us 5-4 again in regular season at best.  Yank yank. Don’t undersell Luers either, they will get better while our coaches will be trying to divvy up stats to we can sell the “ team concept”.  And we will never find a rhythm.  

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, OldschoolFB said:

Carroll being good has very little to do with Dwenger’s slide.  There are enough players for Dwenger to have competed with its first 2 opponents and they could have beaten Carroll.  Every time? No but 1 of 5.  The staff finds ways to put the team in a bad spot.  For example going for it on 4th and 15 on own 15.  Or in 2020 against Zionsville going for it on 4th and 3 on own 39 with 1 min left in 3rd up 20-6.  Momentum shift that cost us the game. Or not playing their best in 2019 in semi state until a few injuries or not playing several key players in 2121 on offense or not using the running back they did use in 2121 often enough.  Ie) Carroll and HHS and Snider housed us and he was only used in 1 series.  And they had 3 guys in D at least as good.  Or not letting Skarie play much D last year after being All Sac as Jr or playing a coaches son or nephew  who has no business playing and I mean NO BUSINESS (2019 O Line) this year first 2 games at Safety, many Tippmann’s who are at running back(we had zero play there and all of the sudden 2 brothers were very good at that spot(still not best option save for you gets SR year) and now we HAVE to have one playing there?  Or NEVER giving outmatched corners help because our Cb could cover in the CYO supposedly. 
I could go on and on and on and on.  It’s very difficult to watch.  
To answer your question about HHS, no it would t matter because this coach will do things like this, he will play the right guys when his backs against the wall and the kids make plays when given the chance.  For example, Snider in the playoffs in 2021. That Saints team was very good and finished 7-5.  Pathetic. 
And they won’t beat HHS. But if we do, that makes us 5-4 again in regular season at best.  Yank yank. Don’t undersell Luers either, they will get better while our coaches will be trying to divvy up stats to we can sell the “ team concept”.  And we will never find a rhythm.  

Let's hope the best for the Saints. 

Always good to have them on the state's 'radar' when playoff time comes.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Yuccaguy said:

Let's hope the best for the Saints. 

Always good to have them on the state's 'radar' when playoff time comes.  

I think they fit in nicely with Sectional 19. I've got East Noble, New Haven, and Leo as the teams to beat, but Dwenger could pull off an upset.