Sign in to follow this  
Coach Nowlin

Bears 2016/2017 and Now 2018

That was fun!!!  Snow was perfect

On field, yea whatever

Deep Frying Bird and peeps.  Good Times 

Snow good times

On field, yea whatever 

It's getting to that time of year where I want the bears to win but I also want them to get a higher draft pick. But I am glad they won yesterday. Even if it was against the 9ers. 

• Upvote 1

As far as QB goes for next year, I'd like them to see if Matt Barkley can be a starting NFL QB. Use this offseason to get better at everywhere else but QB because I'm not sold on any of them. Kaaya as a project maybe. 

I really want the Bears to lose every game for the rest of the season. We don't NEED wins, but we NEED a draft pick. The higher the better. The Bears need to draft a QB (or somehow pull off a trade). I'd love to see DeShone Kizer or Watson take the helm of this offense.

If the bears can get back to their roots of strong defense, they may just have a chance of being competitive this decade. 

I think Matt Barkley is a better option than in any QB in this year's draft.

GB 

6 hours ago, GB4 said:

GB 

Agreed. I think he's played very well in his opportunities. He's a little too loose with the football for my taste. But better than Cutler in that respect. And he's younger and cheaper.

• Upvote 1

I really like Barkely. Only in his 4th start and the offense is playing the best it has all year. And he's been doing it with a lot of receivers injured. Just got Jeffrey back today. And as we showed today...the secondary is awful. 

• Upvote 1

On ‎12‎/‎18‎/‎2016 at 2:36 PM, GB4 said:

GB 

I agree. Would be just fine with seeing the Bears go with another defensive player in the first round this year, I really like Jourdan Lewis from Michigan. Probably a reach in most eyes at the Bears first pick but I think he will be a tremendous Corner in a couple years.

26 minutes ago, Irishman said:

ROMO!!!!!! :14:

I'm sure Romo wants nothing to do with a rebuilding project. He'll end up in Houston or Denver.

1 hour ago, bobref said:

I'm sure Romo wants nothing to do with a rebuilding project. He'll end up in Houston or Denver.

my money is on him staying in the NFC and going to Arizona, but also wouldn't be surprised if he wanted a piece of the worst division in football with Houston.

Also side note;   John Fox you are a ....................

You're 3-10 with a chance to stick a dagger into the biggest rival on your schedule.  You kick a FG.....give Rodgers a chance.....to win on FG.......LOVIE would of even went for the win.   

4 minutes ago, FishDuck said:

my money is on him staying in the NFC and going to Arizona, but also wouldn't be surprised if he wanted a piece of the worst division in football with Houston.

It seems like there are a lot of bad divisions this year.

GB 

2 minutes ago, GB4 said:

It seems like there are a lot of bad divisions this year.

GB 

That is true, but the AFC South is light years ahead of the others. The AFC North has been uncharacteristically bad this season, as has the NFC West.

If Carson Palmer comes back for another year in Arizona and the Rams somehow land John Gruden or Sean Payton as coach (both are doubtful IMO) I could see Romo going there as well.

8 minutes ago, FishDuck said:

That is true, but the AFC South is light years ahead of the others. The AFC North has been uncharacteristically bad this season, as has the NFC West.

If Carson Palmer comes back for another year in Arizona and the Rams somehow land John Gruden or Sean Payton as coach (both are doubtful IMO) I could see Romo going there as well.

I do agree the AFC South is the worst but i disagree on the light years ahead of the others part.

GB 

The Jay Cutler era is officially over in Chicago. May God have mercy on him and his family if he does decide to sign with the NY Jets which is looking like the favorite right now...taking one of the most controversial QB's in the league and putting him in the NY media just doesn't seem smart to me

The Bears are bringing in Mr. Butt Fumble in for a visit.

GB 

The Bears are officially signing Mr. Butt Fumble.

GB   

Fox will retire after the season, regardless of the outcome.  

Question is, will the Bears make a big splash with their new hire, or will they go with an OC or some other unknown entity.

Here are some possibilities :

Nick Saban - the only job that could lure Saban away from Alabama would be a blue blood NFL job .  The Bears would fit that bill, and it would give Saban a chance to fix the only glaring blemish on his resume.

Jeff Brohm - I see his future in the NFL.  Could it happen this quickly?

Adam Gase - he was the "coach in waiting" before Miami called

Jim Harbaugh - he has a track record of 4 and out.  Its a possibility

Mike Leach - got a feeling he would tear it up in the NFL.  

Bob Stoops - already getting itchy in retirement?

Ron Rivera  - former Bear, might be the clubhouse leader at this point