Head Coach Opening 2019 Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Coach Nowlin

Purdue Basketball

16 hours ago, Coach Nowlin said:

said same thing about Etwaan, did you not?   

If this guy has a career, maybe Haas could too:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boban_Marjanović

But agree with assessment that different NBA game then it was in 80s. no doubt.

False I said Etwaan was a role guy at best which he is at best and that is a complement IMO, Purdue fans clearly want the best for their guys I hope one of our best players has a 9 year overseas career then 3 years in the NBA with 4 teams averaging 8 min in 20-40 games a year. Yes what was Romeo Langford thinking not considering Purdue with that potential from development from the program 

Haas may play a year or two, we'll see...

If Painter can pull Malik Hall that would be one OUTSTANDING class!!  

• Upvote 1

Probably not.  But it would be great to see CMP bring in another blue chipper.

Purdue just extended Matt Painter's contract through the 2023-24 season--gotta love that!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Gipper said:

Purdue just extended Matt Painter's contract through the 2023-24 season--gotta love that!

Beautiful!!  

Almost dropped some coin on 5 game mini pack to get IU game   but planning Florida Spring break and Summer England trip so thought better of it.    

• Upvote 1

If you go to England next summer, fly on Norwegian Air—by far the cheapest.  Nonstop into Gatwick—long story...

• Upvote 1

Glad to see Painter is coming to his senses and reaching out further West because ......well....... ya know .............. 😉 lol 

Trayce-Keion-Indiana.jpg?resize=426%2C357&ssl=1

22 hours ago, Coach Nowlin said:

Malik Hall watch set for Thursday:  Announcement forthcoming:   Purdue finalist with Sparty and Oregon 

Top 50 at a position of NEED.  

https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/2019/malik-hall-181540

Does NOT look good:    Sounds like classic recruitment:   Painter and Purdue puts in the most work, hours, longevity on a top kid:   Izzo slides in last minute and kid goes for it 

Nature of the beast I guess.   Fingers crossed, but doesn't look good all of a sudden like it did 3 weeks ago 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Coach Nowlin said:

Does NOT look good:    Sounds like classic recruitment:   Painter and Purdue puts in the most work, hours, longevity on a top kid:   Izzo slides in last minute and kid goes for it 

Nature of the beast I guess.   Fingers crossed, but doesn't look good all of a sudden like it did 3 weeks ago 

I think you're right.  There other blue chippers out there.  I like that kid from Texas, Timme.  Purdue has had success with Texans.

Doesn't look good for him either 

They have an official visit this weekend for another high end  ZEKE fella   I think from Minnesota.  

• Upvote 1

yea I spent 10 bucks for that Fairfield game and I am ok with it

Early observations: 

Evan Breadeoux is exactly what a PU fan will want to see.   Grinder

Aaron Wheeler:  Looks very athletic, but unsure, however 1st game

Eric Hunter Jr:   GONNA BE A STUD

Eastern:  will need to be patient, get his points in paint,  looked too antsy to try to be #2 scorer last night. 

Eiffert:  Classic Boilermaker:   Grinder:  Looks like his early 3 pt barrage isn't just a fad, but here to stay 

CP kid:  Stephonic (sp) :   Will have a role, 6-7 mins at most try to hit a couple of 3s.  Needs to work on speed of game, but 1st game

Haarms:   If he doesn't foul out every game it will be a miracle

Williams:  Good for 3 mins a game

Cline:  Looking very much forward to his season:  I am so ok with him shooting 10 3s a game

and last but not least

CBoogie:   you do you kid.....     Boiler fans will cringe a lot with some of his 28 foot heat checks, however, I will not blink an eye at it.   Love that Spirit 

• Upvote 1