Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Academic All-State

1 hour ago, FinePrint said:

Has the academic all-state list been released yet?  The IFCA website says it was to come out the week of December 17th, but I haven't seen anything mentioned or a list posted.  Anyone know?

The deadline to get all the info in for nominations was January 4th, I believe. It was definitely in the early part of January, just not sure of the exact date.

1 hour ago, 1st_and_10 said:

2018 Academic All-State Selections:

https://ifca.net/all-state-teams/

Just asking because I want to know from a coaching standpoint, and I know the kid is smart and would seem like a shoe in.  Is Jack Kiser not eligible for any of the other All State or All Star teams because he is now currently enrolled at Notre Dame?  I would have thought he would be on this list.  If I missed his name, sorry, but I did not see him on the list.

4 minutes ago, Punttheball said:

Just asking because I want to know from a coaching standpoint, and I know the kid is smart and would seem like a shoe in.  Is Jack Kiser not eligible for any of the other All State or All Star teams because he is now currently enrolled at Notre Dame?  I would have thought he would be on this list.  If I missed his name, sorry, but I did not see him on the list.

I made the same mistake with other players in the non academic all state.  Unfortunately that resulted in me be laughed at because if you make the top 50 all state you don’t make the divisional all state. So he is on the top 50 but not the 1A. 

Its an easy mistake if you don’t otherwise know

1 minute ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

I made the same mistake with other players in the non academic all state.  Unfortunately that resulted in me be laughed at because if you make the top 50 all state you don’t make the divisional all state. So he is on the top 50 but not the 1A. 

Its an easy mistake if you don’t otherwise know

I am referencing the academic All State.  Is there a top 50 academic team?

On 1/24/2019 at 12:48 PM, Punttheball said:

Based on the list, it does not look as if any players from Pioneer were submitted. I’m sure other seniors on the team met the criteria. Jack did make the Colts academic list though. 

14 minutes ago, Major said:

Based on the list, it does not look as if any players from Pioneer were submitted. I’m sure other seniors on the team met the criteria. Jack did make the Colts academic list though. 

Saw that.  Maybe you cannot make both lists. Kind of like the top 50 thing.

On 1/26/2019 at 11:20 AM, Punttheball said:

Saw that.  Maybe you cannot make both lists. Kind of like the top 50 thing.

Coach Berry said he thought he sent  his nominations in.  There may be a glitch in the system.  Along with Jack, I'm sure that the mental attitude award winner, Dustin Sparks would be on this list, as well as others.