Sign in to follow this  
dave mosbey

Indiana Basketball

On 12/1/2016 at 6:24 AM, Irishman said:

This team can be frustrating to watch. They show they can play with and even dominate teams like Kansas and UNC at times, but then just looked awful against IPFW.  It does seem there is one guy each game that will struggle, and make bad play after bad play; Johnson had a sequence of plays late in the game that allowed UNC to get back in the game, and in Fort Wayne, it was Blackmon. Hopefully they figure out that they need to feed the ball to their teammates when they are off instead of forcing things. 

Just reposting this as it seems it will be a common theme throughout the season. This team is WAY too talented to play like this (against IPFW, and now Butler.....and I will leave space for more teams as the season goes on).

• Upvote 2

On 12/17/2016 at 6:20 PM, Irishman said:

Just reposting this as it seems it will be a common theme throughout the season. This team is WAY too talented to play like this (against IPFW, and now Butler.....and I will leave space for more teams as the season goes on).

Now adding Nebraska to the list. Playing like this IU will be lucky to finish in the top half of the conference. That was embarrassing 

And the hits just keep coming. This team is reeling, and I am not sure that it will stop anytime soon. Could anyone imagine if McIntosh were running the point for IU, instead of Northwestern?

• Upvote 1

An embarrassing end to a horrible season for IU. I guess someone knew it would end this way and CHOOSE to not play at home??

• Upvote 2

IU Hubris everyone

#4 seriously, saw maybe 7 mins of the 2nd half when I saw they crept back in, then watch them get the ball swiped easily 2 possessions in a row and that dude just comes up lame instead of hustling to try to be there for the miss or provide some pressure to the rim.   That was the microcosm of their season right there as soon as OG went down.  

• Upvote 1

Figured I would pick this forum up instead of starting a new. Hoosiers add the first member of the 2019 recruiting cycle by napping Aarman Franklin out of non other than Indianapolis Cathedral. Archie continues to live up to his promise of recruiting the state looking to add other Indy talent (Brooks Jr, Jackson-Davis, Newman). He is also keeping a reach nationally with targeting Isaiah Steward Jahmius Ramsey and Trendon Waterford.

However no matter how successful right now on the recruiting front unfortunately for Archie he is already in the eyes of many in an important year in Bloomington. I think he needs to finish in the top half of the conference and certainly needs to beat all at home mid-majors! With the arrival of Romeo IMO only increased expectations looking at the schedule and with what the Hoosiers have returning it looks like outside of @ Duke and @ Louisville and vs Butler possible @ Arkansas the non-conference schedule should be smooth sailing. At the end of the day a return to the NCAA Tourney in March I think will keep Archie in the good graces of IU Bball fans 

Only time will tell a month out for Hoosier Hysteria in the meantime enjoy Football!!!! 

I think Newman and Franklin split I think.  And I believe we both agree that Newman is the bigger get 

50 minutes ago, Coach Nowlin said:

I think Newman and Franklin split I think.  And I believe we both agree that Newman is the bigger get 

I agree but Franklin is just adding depth at Guard for IU, (Green, Durham, and Phinese will all still be around) whereas Newman will have to try and fill Edwards shoes, I think it will also be good for Purdue that he stays closer to West Lay all season by staying at Valpo his senior year, even thought he circumstances that forced him to stay are disappointing. I also believe Izzo will snatch Keion Brooks Jr like he's proven he can do over the years, also its tough to compete for the national prospects consistently with so many wide reaching programs like Duke, UK, and UNC. Also as much as I would love to see Watford continue the pipeline I believe he will stay home and play for Bama especially after seeing that Sexton was able to succeed their.  I believe IU's focus for the next few months is and has been Jackson-Davis. I know its not a lock but if Archie does what he did with Romeo its hard to see him going else where but I could be wrong. With a projected class size of only 3-4 I would say Franklin, Jackson-Davis, plus just about anyone else would make Hoosier fans very pleased! 

• Upvote 1