Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Dwenger stadium progress

All SAC schools split the gate recepts according Confwerence by-laws

10 minutes ago, BTF said:

Does Dwenger share the gate with their opponent?

All SAC schools split the gate receipts according to conference guidelines and bylaws..

Edited by statmurp_10
add a thought

3 hours ago, statmurp_10 said:

All SAC schools split the gate recepts according Confwerence by-laws

All SAC schools split the gate receipts according to conference guidelines and bylaws..

Did they not have the room to do better than 800 seats on the visiting side? That's going to hurt ticket sales when they play Snider, Homestead, Carroll, and Luers. It's a beautiful stadium and I'm happy for Dwenger, I just think it's going to hurt ticket sales for the big games.

3 minutes ago, BTF said:

Did they not have the room to do better than 800 seats on the visiting side? That's going to hurt ticket sales when they play Snider, Homestead, Carroll, and Luers. It's a beautiful stadium and I'm happy for Dwenger, I just think it's going to hurt ticket sales for the big games.

They have the room but likely didn’t have the donations for the same size bleacher on visitor section.  When a larger crowd is expected, the plan is to bring in portable bleachers.  This according to a coach I spoke to.  

1 hour ago, OldschoolFB said:

They have the room but likely didn’t have the donations for the same size bleacher on visitor section.  When a larger crowd is expected, the plan is to bring in portable bleachers.  This according to a coach I spoke to.  

Yes, and the fundraising campaign is still in progress. As I understand, they are closing in on their initial goal for completing this stage of the stadium project. Yet, the project does need some additional permanent bleacher seating on the visitor side of the stadium. That supposedly will materialize at a later date, because the AD stated, that initially, it will be only enough for 600 attendees, and not 800. 

2 hours ago, BTF said:

I wondered about capacity concerning the big games. Compared to zollner..better get there early..

A friend of mine sent me this picture.  

I was told the visitor bleachers are up and the concrete is likely being poured today.  At latest next week.  

I have not seen the inside of the stadium so I can’t be for sure but it would seem to me, gold steps are the type of thing that would be completed towarss the end of the job.  

6F8CCE7D-7A17-4614-A33E-AAA25B1A458D.jpeg

• Like 1

After sitting in Carroll's visitors section last night I realized Dwengers visiting side is good enough! Same size as Carroll's, south side, Northside, and lures. If Dwenger didn't dump a bunch of money into Zollner over the last 35 years that visitors side would not be 2,500 seats either. Starting to say people are going to hate.

• Like 1

On 8/14/2019 at 12:24 PM, OldschoolFB said:

A friend of mine sent me this picture.  

I was told the visitor bleachers are up and the concrete is likely being poured today.  At latest next week.  

I have not seen the inside of the stadium so I can’t be for sure but it would seem to me, gold steps are the type of thing that would be completed towarss the end of the job.  

6F8CCE7D-7A17-4614-A33E-AAA25B1A458D.jpeg

Looks wonderful. The field is in violation of NFHS rules though. They require a shadow line wherever a logo covers up one of the 5-yard lines like the 50 in this picture. The reason is for measurements. We need something to use as reference for the clip when the chains are brought out. Fortunately you rarely ever have to measure on turf fields so it's a non-issue to most officials. If we measure we just need to make sure the ball is spotted outside the logo. Very few fields actually have this done.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JustRules said:

Looks wonderful. The field is in violation of NFHS rules though. They require a shadow line wherever a logo covers up one of the 5-yard lines like the 50 in this picture. The reason is for measurements. We need something to use as reference for the clip when the chains are brought out. Fortunately you rarely ever have to measure on turf fields so it's a non-issue to most officials. If we measure we just need to make sure the ball is spotted outside the logo. Very few fields actually have this done.

This synthetic surface has been in use for several years on this site as a practice and under level game's grid. I have no idea if the rule you've referred too was in force when this carpet was brand new.

3 hours ago, statmurp_10 said:

This synthetic surface has been in use for several years on this site as a practice and under level game's grid. I have no idea if the rule you've referred too was in force when this carpet was brand new.

That rule has existed for at least the last 20 years so well before any current turf field was installed. It's just been largely ignored by everyone..

On 8/17/2019 at 1:48 PM, JustRules said:

Except when the coach asks for a measurement, and you’d really like to give it to him for public relations reasons. But then you have to explain to him that a measurement wouldn’t do any good, because you don’t have a shadow line on which to put the clip. That’s especially pleasant when it’s the visiting coach who thinks he has a first down, and you don’t think so.

1 hour ago, Bobref said:

Except when the coach asks for a measurement, and you’d really like to give it to him for public relations reasons. But then you have to explain to him that a measurement wouldn’t do any good, because you don’t have a shadow line on which to put the clip. That’s especially pleasant when it’s the visiting coach who thinks he has a first down, and you don’t think so.

Maybe all of the synthetic turf fields now in use for high school contest across the state need to be inspected and modified to comply with this rule. Most of the surfaces which have been installed can have the shadow grid line, you refer too, applied using a special paint made for such purposes for the carpet. Extra grid lines for other sports uses, in many cases, are added after the fact; I.E., Soccer, Lacrosse, Rugby, and Field Hockey.

Back in 2004 Dwenger played at Belmont.  The referees did something different.  They carried the ball over to the chains.... the odd thing they only did it for the home team. Belmont got a lot of first downs... they won the game too. We can just do that from now on...

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mebuck said:

Back in 2004 Dwenger played at Belmont.  The referees did something different.  They carried the ball over to the chains.... the odd thing they only did it for the home team. Belmont got a lot of first downs... they won the game too. We can just do that from now on...

😄😀🤪😜

ummm.  No.